Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unreal Tournament 3

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Sounds super impressive. Too bad it was ugly and uninteresting, visually. And the alien parts sucked especially.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Unreal Tournament 3 is another great UT game. Graphics and sounds are amazing as always, gameplay is quick and engaging, there are a lot of interesting and varied weapons, vehicles and maps. However, when compared to the older games in the series it doesn't seem to be the best. When it comes to Warfare/Onslaught (same mode, differently called in UT3 and UT2004), then UT2004 seems to be the best as the gameplay is better thought-through and generally maps seem to be better too. It also feels like the developers went too far with vehicles in this mode in UT3, and in consequence there is just too many kinds of them where some don't even seem very useful. When it comes to Deathmatch/Team Deathmatch or Capture the Flag, then the first Unreal Tournament still remains the best up to this day, in my opinion. It has the most solid gameplay in DM/TDM/CtF and no other game in the series ever came close to it.

Do I recommend UT3? Sure, it's a great game in itself, however, even more I would recommend the first UT or UT2004 (depending on what game modes you want to play). Still, even if you own the older games in the series you still might want to get UT3 on a sale just to check it out, at least to play on some different maps than you usually do.

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
Did you just necro an eight years old thread?

Also, fuck these guys. The Bio Rifle in UT3 is crazy strong

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Beside soundtrack i didn't liked UT3 (Prisco did better part than Jesper Kyd, fite me). And graphic was p.shitty.
Not to mention that it was 2007 when modern shooters (CoD4 MW1) killed arena shooters and Crysis stomped GPUs of everyone with good look (still looks good even today).
Worst modding database from all trilogy, especially Ballisitc Weapons, which is still tweaked in UT2k4 even today but not so here.

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
Beside soundtrack i didn't liked UT3 (Prisco did better part than Jesper Kyd, fite me). And graphic was p.shitty.
Not to mention that it was 2007 when modern shooters (CoD4 MW1) killed arena shooters and Crysis stomped GPUs of everyone with good look (still looks good even today).
Worst modding database from all trilogy, especially Ballisitc Weapons, which is still tweaked in UT2k4 even today but not so here.

I agree. The character design is cool, but a bit too close to Gears of War. The game overuses effects, and honestly feels more like an engine showcase than a real game.

On the other hand, UT2004 with Ballistic Weapons was the shit.

Riskbreaker

UT3's art direction was just a... mess. Huge-ass, roid overloaded characters included.
And overload of effects and detail for the sake of detail (I remember those jungley and nippon-themed maps being particularly bad offenders) actually hurt the game in a very practical way - there is a reason why visuals in a game like UT should be kept crisp, clean(ish) and simple.

Astral Rag

Arcane
UT Pre-Alpha is much better.

plRdc2J.gif

Last edited:

Astral Rag

Arcane
UT3's art direction was just a... mess

Indeed and the new "UT" is even worse

3uc4mWt.jpg

I don't even

UT3 is total garbage (/ capt. Obvious) but this new f2p "made by the community" UT POS almost makes it look like a masterpiece.

Last edited:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The new one sucks donkey balls. They still have a few micro-issues to resolve such as PUTTING TEXTURES ON THE LEVELS.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I also hate the designs that overuse details for the sake of details. People creating it don't know where to stop.
Even worse in post apo characters, where NPCs looks like walking junkyards.

Blame modern society of cucks that can't create badass characters.

On the other hand - you can find nice gems inside the forum, that are unfortunately not used ingame and might not be.

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
Who the F are those skull guys supposed to represent? Please don't tell me that's the new Necris.

KazikluBey

Cipher
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Those skulls are just headwear, like the hockey mask. TF2 hats, basically.

Also, who the hell needs an art pass for better textures? Good level design is good level design.

The weapons still aren't finalized either. They tuned the rocket launcher last month, and we might see more of that.

Also also, I like it. Feels much better than UT3. If you like arena shooters you should give it a try, at least.

Riskbreaker

For what, new UT?
Yeah, fat chance that's happening.
It's either something related to whatever this year's holiday sale event is supposed to be or, perhaps, the game going to be re-released for free - not that I can see that attracting many people for long but then again I don't imagine that many people are buying this thing in 2021.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom