Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unofficial Arcanum Patch (Original Thread)

Tigranes

Arcane
Yeah, these seem to be some kind of Unfinished Business style mod additions. Maybe back in the day your friend had installed some shit off Terra Arcanum or whatnot?

ProdigalGamer

Novice
The quests might have actually been put in as part of someone else's mod because I don't remember those quests nor do I remember seeing them in the strategy guide but given the sewers that makes sense.

I don't know. I can't remember running another application to install over the basic installation at that time. I only remember doing the old-school install, then copy-paste crack, then play with CD.

Originally they were cut content most likely. Someone put the quests in, but maybe not with this Mod.

Yeah, these seem to be some kind of Unfinished Business style mod additions. Maybe back in the day your friend had installed some shit off Terra Arcanum or whatnot?

Maybe cut content but it's hard to verify that one. I don't have a hold of my friend for decades. Or whoever helped made the game. Mod? Possible but highly unlikely. I borrowed the CD in 2001. Google says Arcanum was released in August 2001. Highly unlikely anyone could've made a mod within four months... I'm surprised that Terra Arcanum was created in 2000 but the game wasn't release until a year after.

Anyway, I'm just glad I could play this game again. Thanks Drog for the mod. Also to you guys for your patience with helping me.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Hmmm. It might have been a quest that was cut out of the original game with a new patch. A lot changed from the unpatched game to the first patch. Big time. If I recall, they all out removed some things that were part of the 'Arcanum charm' like if you were trying to sleep outside on a street the guards would wake you and tell you to move along, that they didn't like bums, etc. That wouldn't surprise me in the least, that the unpatched game has shit that the patches broke and all out removed. Troika was amazing at that type of stuff unfortunately.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I've never modded arcanum before.

Installed:
- HQ_TownMaps
- Drog's unofficial patch
- HQ_Music
- HighRes patch

Question about HQ_Music. So I downloaded the wav into the correct folder and ran Drog's renaming script. The result is this:

dbd9151df4c221bfd377713396334ff8.png

What about these 3 files that weren't renamed? I have a feeling the game just won't play them at all, because it's now going to search for the .wav in this folder and is not going to find them.

Any idea about that, anyone?

ProdigalGamer

Novice
I hope you're still following.

As what I can remember, the game doesn't use those three music files. Instead, the game uses the movie clips which have the same music as those three albeit edited to fit the video length.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Did Drogg get conscripted?

God help his fellow soldiers if he did, it would just be constant grumbling about "fucking kids don't know what a real war is" and "Why am I still writing patches fighting this dumb war, I've always hated it".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom