Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Unknown Realm: The Siege Perilous - an 8-bit RPG for PC and Commodore 64

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
On some level, this looks really neat, and I do admire the way they've taken (some aspects of) the old graphical limitations and shown how even within those confines you could push the graphical quality. (Odallus did something similar.) But the way they've done scrolling is too much for me. :/

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...bit-rpg-for-pc-and-commodore-64/posts/1765584

Thank you all! 8-bit fans rule!

Wow! Over 100 backers and 25% funded in one day! You guys are awesome! Thank you to each and every one of you who has supported us, tweeted, emailed and shared this project or reached out to us with helpful feedback.

We knew you guys were out there! It is really neat to see this game bring joy to people.

We are going to crash for a few hours (we have been sleep-deprived and over caffeinated for the last several days) and come back to do it all again tomorrow. Lots of exciting and fun updates in store!

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Laura & Bruce

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...bit-rpg-for-pc-and-commodore-64/posts/1766394

A Quick Snapshot of Day 2

Hello everyone,

We are working on a more substantive game update for Monday, but we haven't had time to put all the finishing touches on it because it's been a wee bit busy around here lately. So tonight we just wanted to share a few highlights from the last two days (in no particular order):

1. Here's a map of hits on our website (which redirects to this KS page). We have a backer from almost every country shown here which is beyond cool. You guys are bringing the 8-bit RPG love from all corners of the world!

d9843fa907ccbedacd47476a895f3c38_original.png

2. The Early Bird Collector's Edition box for C64 sold out early this morning!

3. Unknown Realm went from 25 - 45% funded, in one day. Amazing. Hopefully we can hit 50% by tomorrow. :)

4. We've been in touch with some amazing people who are interested in collaborations for art, music and other game-related stuff.

5. You guys are all so enthusiastic! We're really grateful for the outpouring of positivity and joy from the C64 community and retro RPG fans. It feels like this game is finding its home with exactly the right people. We were thinking of choosing a comment of the day, but there were too many good ones and we couldn't decide, so you all win. :)

6. Some kind words about Unknown Realm from Lord British himself.

This has been a whirlwind two days and we know things will settle down - a lot can happen in 32 days. The next 55% will be a lot harder climb than the first 45%. You guys seem to be spreading the word far and wide if our pledge traffic stats from Kickstarter are any indicator, thank you so much! Please keep sharing the love, we still have a ways to go before we can bring back the classic 80's RPG.

Have a great weekend!

Bruce & Laura

I can see my house.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...bit-rpg-for-pc-and-commodore-64/posts/1768291

Character Sheet Sneak Peek

Good evening everyone!

Hope you all had a great weekend. We're excited to be 68% funded on Day 5 with almost 360 backers! Our goal is to reach 400 backers by tomorrow night, so tell all your friends! We want to share the joy and charm of 8-bit RPGs with as many people as we can. :)

And speaking of 8-bit RPGs: here's a sneak peek of the first half of our in-game player stats sheet inspired by a certain old school tabletop game some of you might recognize. This is what pops up when you press the Stats command, which will include your customizable character portrait from the initial character creation.

5201da6d2c99ca7d9d7129bd6656d870_original.png

We'll show you the second half of the player sheet in a later update with all the nice skills and stats that you have in the game.

A quick housekeeping note: Some of you may have noticed we had to change two reward tiers earlier today. Our main collector's edition tiers seemed to be causing confusion for some potential backers. This was mainly due to the fact that we wrote the rewards in a sequential narrative order and didn't realize that Kickstarter drops sold out tiers to the bottom of the page. So once the Early Bird boxes sold out, the reward descriptions weren't flowing the way we initially intended them to, and the items included in the tier weren't listed.

We decided to close those tiers and list new ones to replace them. The rewards and price are EXACTLY the same, but the descriptions are hopefully more clear and the items that come in the Collector's Edition boxes are listed as they were in the early bird tiers.

One final item of interest we wanted to share, for those of you who are into computer history: Tomorrow the film Generation 8-Bit: The Commodore Wars will be released on Steam and VHX. The film features a rare interview with the great Jack Tramiel as well as Chuck Peddle and others. You can see the trailer here: http://bit.ly/2h29nNL and find more information at www.commodorewars.com For backers who aren't familiar with these names: they are the creators of the Commodore computer.

Based off of the comments here, we've decided it's clear we have the smartest and coolest backers ever (Rush fans + Old School RPG fans + Ultima fans + C64 fans!!). All the work we've put into this project over the last 4+ years already feels like it was so worth it just to see that this game is reaching the audience we made it for – which is you!

Thanks for your continued support and for spreading the word far and wide.

-Bruce and Laura

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
$58K. They're going to make their goal easily.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...bit-rpg-for-pc-and-commodore-64/posts/1768299

Character Sheet Part 2 - Stats & Skills

Hi Everyone,

It feels like this has been a fast, crazy week. Early this morning we reached 500 backers! Totally cool! 500 people and counting are craving a new 8-bit RPG and we're not even halfway through the campaign yet! We are so thrilled by this response.

Here's the second half of our Character Sheet...

698961e946375189e1fc52f01ad955d9_original.png

As you can see here, Unknown Realm will use a classless character system that focuses on skills or abilities. This sheet displays the skills that will be available to you in the game. When you start out, you get a set number of points to distribute between the skills based on your gameplay interests. The skills go from 0 to 9. These skills modify your ability to do various actions in the game. For example, an increased language skill will allow you to do things such as read cryptic runes or communicate with certain monsters. Increased stealth skill will allow you to be more successful at pick-pocketing other NPCs, lock-picking and other “stealthy” things. You can earn more skill points in the game when you “level up” and you will be able to distribute them as you see fit. You will also earn more skill points when you complete various quests that exercise a particular skill. When your skill points improve, you may find that you can do tasks that you weren't able to do before, such as go back and read an ancient book or inscription that you couldn't decipher earlier, which in turn will help unlock new clues regarding quests.

Keep in mind, since the game is technically in a pre-alpha state, some of these features are not fully set in stone yet, and may change during playtesting. The most important thing to us about these skills is that they have a recognizable impact on gameplay actions and that the player knows it. Many games from this age just gave lip service to skill types and players had no idea what cause and effect relationship they had on gameplay. We instead decided to make a smaller core set of skills that directly relate to gameplay actions. If it turns out that the player is not connecting the dots to the effect of a particular skill during playtesting, we will modify or drop it accordingly.

Another thing you may have noticed about the stats here is that this game will have a max gold carry. The max gold carry will go up with your “level” and will also increase depending on what companion you have with you at the time. There will also be ways to “deposit” excess gold in the game in personal chests at a bank, or on a ship...if you have one. Which we'll talk about in another update.

Next week we should be close to funded and ready to reveal to some cool but modest stretch goals!

Happy Holidays to each and every one of you! Thank you for all of your kind words, support, and infectious enthusiasm!

- Bruce & Laura

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Cool: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...bit-rpg-for-pc-and-commodore-64/posts/1773084

Ahoy Mateys! Death and Sailing in Unknown Realm...

Hey Everyone! What a day! We've hit 96% funded and almost 570 backers! We are pretty excited about those numbers because we know people are on vacation and this is a slow time of the year. We continue to be amazed by how much zeal and passion our backers have shown in spreading the word about Unknown Realm and the rebirth of the 8-bit RPG.

Today we're highlighting two game features you'll find in Unknown Realm: Death and Sailing.

Death in Unknown Realm is a bit different than other games. Instead of dying and having to start over each time, we wanted death to be an exciting, unpredictable adventure and part of the story itself. So in Unknown Realm, when you “die,” you never know what might happen or where you might wake up!

cb4c69f3a4558026e5c238183a95451c_original.png

Instead of killing you outright, most of the monsters in Unknown Realm will leave you for dead, even though you're actually just unconscious. Where you die in the world, will affect what happens to you. If you die in a relatively safe place, you might get lucky and no one will come and loot your body or steal any of your supplies before you awake.

If beasts happen to attack you while you're unconscious, they will most likely eat your food. If bandits come across your body, they will probably steal your gold. There are also traveling healers who are sworn to aid people on the road, so you might find yourself in the care of the local healers upon waking. If you “die” in a hostile territory (where you may be considered a wanted outlaw), you could awake to find yourself in a prison.

There might be some instances where you can "really" die, but we'll let those be a surprise.

The main point is this: instead of harshly penalizing someone for dying in the game and having them start over, we want to roll that event into your story as you play. We think its more interesting this way and allows us to incorporate your death into the story. Although there are some penalties for dying (such as loss of gold, supplies or food), we've made sure those penalties aren't too steep (such as losing important quest items or weapons). There will also be ways to protect your gold stash by depositing it in banks or personal chests on your very own ship.

Which brings us to ships and sailing in Unknown Realm...

Inspired by another one of our favorite games, Sid Meier's Pirates!, we wanted to make sailing a more developed mode of gameplay.

In order to sail, you must first purchase your own ship and crew. There are various ships and upgrades that you can obtain in the game and they each have their own strengths and weaknesses.

2f80bc511d4d424c497915c92d07c557_original.GIF

Your crew is a resource that you have to gather in the game. Your ability to recruit a crew is also tied to your reputation or fame in the game. The moral character of the crew you recruit will be a reflection of your character in the game. As captain of your ship, you will have to maintain your crew in good standing to avoid mutiny; keeping them happy with gold and grog. During ship battles and other events, you can lose crew members.

cb85496ed3c6d574b76d9ae92ed7f243_original.png

If you're the piratey type, you can make a nice living on the high seas attacking merchant ships and plundering their cargo. You can also run supply quests to deliver goods between locations.

You will have the ability to name your vessel. And a ship provides a home away from home where you can safely store additional gold (unless, of course, it sinks...oops).

When sailing, you'll need to be careful to avoid hazards such as running aground or hitting coral reefs which can damage your hull. You can repair your ships hull yourself using wood or have it repaired at a shipwright.

Sailing is not all swashbuckling adventure though. Beware of pirates, including the most dreaded of all: the Blacksail Pirates and their powerful cannons. And don't forget to watch out for those nasty sea monsters!

Stretch goals are coming soon...Please continue to put the word out and thank you for bringing so much love and energy to this project!

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
You could make a perfectly functional Ultima 5 style game with graphics that actually look decent. They did that with the ports. This project is stupid.

I agree to a certain extent. There's definitely an aura of making the game hard to play in an effort to be retro for the sake of it, rather than come up with a good game that works in that tile-based format. An updated high resolution pixel-graphics Ultima-5-alike with a party, decent plot, and good combat mechanics would have got all of my money. This looks like a gimmick in search of a game. I'm glad that it looks like making its goal, though, as if it turns out to be good I'll certainly be buying it (and no doubt regretting that I didn't get all the fancy loot). But, despite (or possibly because of) the fact that I grew up with the Ultimas I just find it hard to get worked up about this. It's not innovative like Ultima - it's exactly the opposite.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Loved pirates too so I like their ideas on sailing. The death mechanic is interesting as well, always saving before danger takes much if the stress/excitement away so maybe this feature will make that work a bit better. A few games I recall doing something similar but not very many. Mount & Blade had it which I likes. Any other RPGs do it?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Loved pirates too so I like their ideas on sailing. The death mechanic is interesting as well, always saving before danger takes much if the stress/excitement away so maybe this feature will make that work a bit better. A few games I recall doing something similar but not very many. Mount & Blade had it which I likes. Any other RPGs do it?

Most of the core Ultima games resurrected you at Lord British's throne (with some experience loss) when you died. :M

This is probably inspired by that, but more complex/context-dependent.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
The death mechanic is interesting as well, always saving before danger takes much if the stress/excitement away so maybe this feature will make that work a bit better.

Funny, that's the part where I nearly ragequit reading Infinitron's latest update! :D If I'm defeated by monsters I want to die, damnit! Getting an attack of the vapours and being pickpocketed whilst asleep is so implausible it takes me immediately out of the game.

Perhaps I've gone casual in my old age. :retarded:

Saxon1974

Prophet
Funny, that's the part where I nearly ragequit reading Infinitron's latest update! :D If I'm defeated by monsters I want to die, damnit! Getting an attack of the vapours and being pickpocketed whilst asleep is so implausible it takes me immediately out of the game.

Perhaps I've gone casual in my old age. :retarded:
Well maybe we are looking at it differently. From a realism standpoint I get what your saying. I am thinking more from a stopping save scumming when you die. If the penalty is too harsh then people will just reload anyway. I like how mount & blade did it where you lost gold, a couple of items and you were captured for a few days. That might not work in this kind of game though.

In tabletop RPGs one theory is to have failure have consequences but then usually move the story forward in a different way. Would like to see that in a CRPG. For example you are defeated by orcs and taken as a prisoner to an underground orc stronghold; you now have the option to free other prisoners to fight the orcs or slipping away quietly solo. Probably too much extra content to build for a CRPG though.

Robert Jarzebina

This is insane! This game is doing much better than some RPGs with modern 3d graphics. Looks like easily available Unity3d, Unreal etc really devalued meaning of 3d graphics :incline:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
They made it: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...bit-rpg-for-pc-and-commodore-64/posts/1773710

101% Funded + Extra Goodies and Stretch Goals!

352e8d7c2175d9ddad24a908475d128b_original.gif

Woot!! We've reached 101% of our base funding goal and over 600 backers! It's been a crazy two weeks and there are still 18 days left! We're so excited to reach this first big milestone and it’s all thanks to each and every one of you. At the risk of sounding like a broken record: we have the BEST backers. We love how pumped you are about Unknown Realm and we feel truly honored to have your support and encouragement.

Now for some goodies…

C64 Ziplock Bag Editions!
We've had a lot of requests for bringing back the C64 Ziplock Bag Edition tier. Some of you have managed to pick up strays as they become available from time to time due to pledge adjustments, but we really wanted to find a way to open this tier up again for at least a few more people who may not be able to get the C64 version otherwise.

Our budget is for a fixed production run of cartridges and we can't produce more without breaking that budget. That said, we did reserve some C64 cartridge units for Ziplock Bag add-ons because we wanted backers to have the option of adding on an extra version or going in with a friend for a second copy to save on shipping.

We've decided to take most of those add-on reserves and use them to open up the $89 tier again as a one-time thing. We'll still hold back a few extras for add-ons, but that number will be much lower now, so if you were thinking of adding on an extra C64 Ziplock, you might want to do that soon. Once those add-on units are gone, we'll remove that option from the list of add-ons in the rewards section. If you don't see it listed there, that means they're no longer available as add-ons.

To give people time to plan ahead, we are not opening this tier immediately. This limited “last chance” C64 Ziplock Bag tier will go live at 12:00 am PST on Monday, January 2, 2017. If you know anyone who hasn't backed yet and really wants the C64 cart but can't spring for the Collector's Edition, please send them this update as a Happy New Year's present. ;-)

And now on to Stretch Goals!
Those of you following the comments know we've been hesitant about the whole idea of stretch goals. Like we said a few days ago, this entire project * is * a stretch goal and we didn't want to produce it by half measures.

That said, raising funds beyond our base goal will expand our ability to hire additional artists, writers, and musical talent to make this game even better. Plus, surpassing our base goal provides a safety net for development, which is important, especially in projects like this where there are significant testing, manufacturing, and shipping costs involved. There are always unforeseen expenses that come up with Kickstarters, so it helps to have some extra padding for those as well.

We’ve posted our first two stretch goals! These will add some additional content to the game without expanding the scope of the project too much. You can check those out on the front page now! As we unlock these stretch goals – or, as we are able to coordinate with potential collaborators - we'll unveil additional goals.

Next week we have some exciting developments coming out so stay tuned! This adventure is just beginning! Thank you all for your continued support – we are so thrilled to start 2017 with all of you as our companions on this quest! :)

We wish you all a safe and Happy New Year!!

-Laura & Bruce

7753a603c5acaabc20058834fdfe22dc_original.png

This is insane! This game is doing much better than some RPGs with modern 3d graphics. Looks like easily available Unity3d, Unreal etc really devalued meaning of 3d graphics :incline:
Lots of us old grognards out there eh?
Incoming Unity-made 2d games that use C64's color palette and resolution and require 8 gigs of RAM and 900 series Geforce and run at 12 FPS.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...bit-rpg-for-pc-and-commodore-64/posts/1777023

14 Days Left!! Hours of Play + Cartridge Details

Hey Everyone! There's a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes as we work on some exciting developments for the final weeks of the campaign. Thanks to all of your support, we are getting closer to unlocking that second stretch goal! Tomorrow we will post another update talking about how we intend to use those additional tilesets and seasonal FX to enhance gameplay!

Apologies for the wall of text that follows, we really wanted to address a couple questions that we keep getting…

First, how many hours of gameplay will this game offer? We estimate this game will have about 40+ hours of gameplay to complete the main plot. This doesn't include exploring side quests or going back and playing with different characters and skill sets, which will add additional hours of gameplay. The game will also have multiple endings that players can explore.

Second, a lot of our C64 backers have had questions about the cartridge, and specifically, save game functionality. For our PC backers that don’t care about the C64 cartridge you don’t need to read any further. We'll have a juicy gameplay update tomorrow. :)

In the comments section, some of you have wished for save-to-cartridge as a stretch goal. We love that you guys think this is a stretch goal, because it’s true, it does cost us more time/money to implement. In some respects, save-to-cart would make an excellent stretch goal because it is a desirable extra feature and vastly improves the user experience.

BUT...When we told you “this whole project IS a stretch goal” we weren't kidding. That is why save-to-cartridge is NOT a stretch goal. It is already part of the final design for our custom Book of Lore cartridge. No disk drives needed. Designing the cartridge halfway just isn't the way we do things around here. :)

And while we're talking about the cartridge, here's a little back-story on how that came to be part of Unknown Realm…

The cartridge evolved out of the design of the game, which originally started as a floppy-based game. Really, the cartridge was just a means to an end once Bruce realized how much data and disk swapping this game would require to bring his vision to life. A floppy based game of this size would require 12 floppy disk sides on the C64 and involve a ton of disk swapping. In comparison, Ultima VI on the C64 had 6 floppy sides. Everyone who experienced playing these games on their C64’s in the 80's remembers how painful is was dealing with load times and floppy swapping every few minutes. In fact, doing simple things like entering and exiting towns would involve load times upwards of 45 seconds.

We just couldn’t expect modern gamers to wait 45 seconds to load up a town (even though, oddly enough, some modern games still take that long!) - our game loads up a town in about 2 seconds flat thanks to this cartridge.

We initially looked at other cartridge options that were available at the time for the C64 (such as EasyFlash) and quickly ruled those out because they didn't have the capacity or features to accomplish what we needed for Unknown Realm.

With the size and scope of this game, it became clear the only real solution was to design our own cartridge. Consequently, the design of our cartridge has been integrally linked with our game engine from early on and is not intended to be a general-purpose game cartridge. In fact, the game engine itself has no concept of floppies (or disk swapping) and uses a proprietary file system designed specifically to work with our cartridge.

The basic specs on our cartridge are:
  • Capacity is 16Mbits (2MB)
  • Cartridge will ship with save to cart function
  • Fast load times! The game itself boots up in about 6 seconds
  • One of a kind "Book of Lore" case
One last thing to keep in mind regarding the C64 version of Unknown Realm: our budget only covers a limited run of these cartridges and they are offered as a Kickstarter exclusive. We have no plans to manufacture additional cartridges later or maintain an inventory to sell after Kickstarter rewards ship.

If you have any additional technical questions about the cartridge, please send us a message or email and we'll be happy to discuss it further.

We are so grateful for your input and support and look forward to seeing what we can accomplish in the next two weeks!

- Bruce & Laura

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...bit-rpg-for-pc-and-commodore-64/posts/1777042

Tilesets, Seasonal FX, and Quest Cards!

We're closing in on our next goal pretty fast! Maybe we can get there by tomorrow? ;-)

Let's talk about some of the design elements that will be unlocked with these upcoming goals...

Additional Tilesets and Seasonal FX

Currently we plan on having over 1500 tiles for the game. However, in the past we did some tests using alternate nighttime tiles and we liked the ambiance they added. Nighttime tiles will enhance the way a player experiences the night and day cycles in Unknown Realm and help reveal things that can only be discovered during the night.

Seasonal FX allow us to have variations on regular tiles such as fall and winter elements, and give us the opportunity to include some environmental fx such as washed out bridges and snowed in areas in the game. The winter season in particular opens up game elements we would like to include such as ice caves and survival components. You'll also have to figure out how to protect yourself from the winter elements.

Additional Quest Cards

Reaching this goal will provide an additional four quest cards on top of the eight we have included in the budget. The quest cards correspond to actual items, artifacts, or puzzles that you will discover in the game. Unlocking these additional quest cards also means unlocking additional sub quests.

In keeping with the inspiration for these feelies (namely Bruce's memories of playing old D&D modules like Tomb of Horrors), each one will be illustrated in a traditional pen and ink style. We wanted to incorporate that same kind of tabletop feel into the gameplay and increase the immersion by providing things you can hold and examine to help you solve quests in the game. These may be maps, an inscription to decipher, or a clue to help solve a puzzle. Even though you will be able to look at these cards beforehand, their purpose will only become clear once you uncover their context in the game.

For digital backers, printable version of these quest cards will be included in the digital supplements. For Ziplock Bag Edition backers, the quest cards will be part of the module-style manual. Collector's Edition and Black Edition backers will get a deluxe packet of these quest cards included as one of the feelie components in the game box.

We have unrolled our stretch goal scroll a bit more to hint at what we have coming next after we unlock the quest cards.

You guys have been doing such a great job spreading the word! We want this project to reach as many RPG fans as possible. We know there are a lot more out there that haven't heard about Unknown Realm yet and we don't want them to miss out on being a part of the movement to bring back the classic 8-bit RPG.

If you have a favorite gaming website, podcast, blog, or game news outlet, please consider suggesting this project to them. After all, it's kind of a big deal that in this age of digital only games, close to 700 gamers so far have loudly proclaimed (via Kickstarter) that they are totally down for new, real 8-bit RPGs with feelies included!

We certainly think you guys are a big deal. ;-)

- Bruce & Laura

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
They certainly strike at my inner nerd. Currently on the fence but a 40 hour main plot would be very nice. Still time for them to do something more interesting with the combat. If only my old C128 still worked...

I can't find an answer to this, but since the cartridge is a limited run that seems like a lot of effort to put into a very small market. Are they planning on making it available in a form that can run under an emulator?

Alchemist

Arcane
I can't find an answer to this, but since the cartridge is a limited run that seems like a lot of effort to put into a very small market. Are they planning on making it available in a form that can run under an emulator?
The FAQ on the main campaign page has this to say on that:
Will the C64 version be available as a download?
The C64 version of Unknown Realm is only available on cartridge. All C64 backers will also get the PC version so they can play on their modern system through our platform, Anvil, as well. This game will not work on the the EasyFlash (not enough memory) and the engine was created along with the cartridge so it isn't compatible with standard .d64s or floppy images.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom