Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underworld Gold video

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Tags: OlderBytes; Swords and Sorcery: Underworld

<p style="text-align: left;">There's a <a href="http://www.classicgamesremade.com/underworld-gold-wip-hd.html">new video</a> at the Classic Games Remade <a href="http://www.classicgamesremade.com">dev blog</a> showcasing the revamped version of the turn-based blobber Underworld. The quality of the environment graphics has vastly improved. Click one of the links above while I figure out how to embed a link to a flash video inside a newspost:</p>
<p> </p>
<p style="text-align: center;"> </p>
<p style="text-align: center;">
<object width="480" height="360" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/XOuMb9OWQYQ;feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" />
<param name="src" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XOuMb9OWQYQ;feature=player_embedded" />
<param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />
</object>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks, <strong>Charles!</strong></p>

MMXI

Arcane
This news is way better than anything related to Skyrim.

:incline:

Lightknight

Liturgist
All thats left to add is turning animation. Seriously, this shit is desorienting without turning animation, just snapping instantly from side to side.

Morkar Left

I'm not too much into complete dungeoncrawlonly but I will definitely check out the demo. The artwork looks really good. The cartoony style reminds indeed a lot of the older M&Ms, even partly surpassing it I might say.

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity
Thanks all!

Lightknight said:
All thats left to add is turning animation. Seriously, this shit is desorienting without turning animation, just snapping instantly from side to side.

It's true that watching the movement is pretty disorienting but you don't get that problem when you're actually controlling it.

Turning animations would require another complete overhaul, for a benefit that doesn't justify postponing work on the sequel imo.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Also proof that some developers DO listen to their audience and actually try to improve their games."

All developers listen to their audiences. Just ebcause they don't do what YOU demand doesn't mean they aren't listening to their audience.

PROTIP: If you read the Codex, you'd realzie that theya ren't the audience of Bethesda or Bioware so why the fuck should they listen to the Codex anyways? LMFAO

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
The changes are impressive. From the video, the design looks much more coherent this time.

Bulba

Learned
Volourn said:
"Also proof that some developers DO listen to their audience and actually try to improve their games."

All developers listen to their audiences. Just ebcause they don't do what YOU demand doesn't mean they aren't listening to their audience.

PROTIP: If you read the Codex, you'd realzie that theya ren't the audience of Bethesda or Bioware so why the fuck should they listen to the Codex anyways? LMFAO

WHY??? Because I said so, that's WHY.

BTW if you look at the poll, there are lots of people here who are interested in purchaising skyrim

hanssolo

Educated
Charles-cgr said:
Thanks all!

Lightknight said:

It's true that watching the movement is pretty disorienting but you don't get that problem when you're actually controlling it.

Turning animations would require another complete overhaul, for a benefit that doesn't justify postponing work on the sequel imo.

I can't stand blobbers with turning animation, I find that shit far more disorienting than immediate turns and waiting for an animation to complete every time I turn would make clearing dungeons totally unbearable. It's looking fantastic, I can totally see myself paying $20 for this now.

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity
Lightknight said:
Turning animations would require another complete overhaul
What ? I just...what ? Your target platform is 386SX ?

It's not about the target platform, just that the 3D mechanics I implemented are just enough to do instant. I would have to build a new engine to render the animation.

Also I agree with hanssolo that it would have a negative effect on exploration and travel, but that is more a question of taste.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom