Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Underworld Gold video

Discussion in 'RPG Codex News & Content Comments' started by Elwro, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Elwro RPG Codex Staff Patron

Elwro
    Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
    Tags: Underworld

<p style="text-align: left;">There's a <a href="http://www.classicgamesremade.com/underworld-gold-wip-hd.html">new video</a> at the Classic Games Remade <a href="http://www.classicgamesremade.com">dev blog</a> showcasing the revamped version of the turn-based blobber Underworld. The quality of the environment graphics has vastly improved. Click one of the links above while I figure out how to embed a link to a flash video inside a newspost:</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p style="text-align: center;">&nbsp;</p>
    <p style="text-align: center;">
    <object width="480" height="360" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/XOuMb9OWQYQ;feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">
    <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" />
    <param name="src" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XOuMb9OWQYQ;feature=player_embedded" />
    <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />
    </object>
    </p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>Thanks, <strong>Charles!</strong></p>
  2. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    :incline:
    Also proof that some developers DO listen to their audience and actually try to improve their games.
  3. mondblut Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

mondblut
    Cool, it starts looking increasingly like a game.
  4. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator Patron

Jaesun
    MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
    The new art looks fantastic. Good job Charles (and your artist).

:thumbsup:
  5. MMXI Prestigious Gentleman Prophet

MMXI
    This news is way better than anything related to Skyrim.

:incline:
  6. Lightknight Scholar

Lightknight
    All thats left to add is turning animation. Seriously, this shit is desorienting without turning animation, just snapping instantly from side to side.
  7. Excidium P. banal

Excidium
    Looks p. good. Fans of the original M&M games have something to look forward.
  8. Morkar illiterate

Morkar
    I'm not too much into complete dungeoncrawlonly but I will definitely check out the demo. The artwork looks really good. The cartoony style reminds indeed a lot of the older M&Ms, even partly surpassing it I might say.
  9. Charles-cgr Developer Patron

Charles-cgr
    Project: Eternity
    Thanks all!

It's true that watching the movement is pretty disorienting but you don't get that problem when you're actually controlling it.

Turning animations would require another complete overhaul, for a benefit that doesn't justify postponing work on the sequel imo.
  10. Volourn Pretty Princess Pretty Princess

Volourn
    "Also proof that some developers DO listen to their audience and actually try to improve their games."

All developers listen to their audiences. Just ebcause they don't do what YOU demand doesn't mean they aren't listening to their audience.

PROTIP: If you read the Codex, you'd realzie that theya ren't the audience of Bethesda or Bioware so why the fuck should they listen to the Codex anyways? LMFAO
  11. Gragt Arcane Patron

Gragt
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
    The changes are impressive. From the video, the design looks much more coherent this time.
  12. Bulba Learned

Bulba
    WHY??? Because I said so, that's WHY.

BTW if you look at the poll, there are lots of people here who are interested in purchaising skyrim
  13. Flatlander Educated

Flatlander
    Looking great, will buy.[/graphics-whore]
  14. hanssolo Educated

hanssolo
    I can't stand blobbers with turning animation, I find that shit far more disorienting than immediate turns and waiting for an animation to complete every time I turn would make clearing dungeons totally unbearable. It's looking fantastic, I can totally see myself paying $20 for this now.
  15. Lightknight Scholar

Lightknight
    What ? I just...what ? Your target platform is 386SX ?
  16. Charles-cgr Developer Patron

Charles-cgr
    Project: Eternity
    It's not about the target platform, just that the 3D mechanics I implemented are just enough to do instant. I would have to build a new engine to render the animation.

Also I agree with hanssolo that it would have a negative effect on exploration and travel, but that is more a question of taste.

(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)