Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant Pre-Prototype Thread

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I always like playing games where I'm watching events as if I'm at the bottom of a well. Great FoV!

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
You guys have tunnel vision on this one. I just don't see it. Maybe I am taking a narrow view.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Meh I pledged $25 and basicaly took a flyer ok this, if it turns to be fun then great if not its no big deal I got into the hype of the moment and the whole "patron of the arts" schtick. What they have shown so far looks fine I guess in a 2007 sort of look but then again I wasnt really expecting much. Funny how the games I've Kickstarted so far have not been masterpieces but I have not felt cheated since I put little faith in them and when they turn out to be good or even great it is a pleasant surprise... Maybe this will be too

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They said all the right things in their pitch but delivering is another story. I wish them luck but I not a fan of pre-pre-pre-pre ordering a pre-pre-pre-pre-conceptual-alpha.

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
They said all the right things in their pitch but delivering is another story. I wish them luck but I not a fan of pre-pre-pre-pre ordering a pre-pre-pre-pre-conceptual-alpha.
You aren't? Whowouldthunkit.

Delterius

Arcane

Never pay more than 20 bucks for a videogame.

Corollary:

Only buy games 20 years after the fact during a 95% off sale at the flea market of the webs.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Devs seem skeptical of Steam Early Access: https://www.othersideentertainment.com/forum/index.php?topic=873.msg15034#msg15034

More evidence that they're not desperate for cash.

Do we have to talk about the advertisements again? This stinks of "It's bad when everyone else does it.. but not us.. we are special... PLEDGE NOW!"
What's the difference between Early Access and Kickstarter?

In both cases your not entitled to a refund (oh wait.. now you are on Steam) and at least the early access usually has a vetted prototype whereas KS is basically a pipe dream and a backer counter.

This logic doesn't hold up under even casual scrutiny. You're falling back into fanboy land.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I said "evidence", not "proof".

But logically, if they were really hard up for cash, he wouldn't be dismissive of anything that could deliver it. Especially since established developers like Larian and inXile have gladly jumped in to Early Access. We'll see, I guess.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I said "evidence", not "proof".

But logically, if they were really hard up for cash, he wouldn't be dismissive of anything that could deliver it. Especially when greater developers like Larian and inXile have gladly jumped in to it. We'll see, I guess.

Whew.. okay your back again. We lost you there for a bit.

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
Anyone principally interested in cash would most certainly go early access, that bit stands to reason.

Old Hans

Arcane
Who cares about Darkest Dungeon. I can't get over the shadowbeast. I haven't seen a shittier looking monster since the early days of Everquest 2. I'm pretty sure that monster graced one of my old graphic card boxes.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I'm pretty sure that monster graced one of my old graphic card boxes.
lol someone mentioned that already. It's p. accurate.

I dunno why they thought it looked good enough for a presentation, even in the demo it stands out a lot next to the other assets.

Darkzone

Arcane
Who cares about Darkest Dungeon. I can't get over the shadowbeast. I haven't seen a shittier looking monster since the early days of Everquest 2. I'm pretty sure that monster graced one of my old graphic card boxes.
I agree that it was on some old graphic card box, but i can't change this monstrosity.

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
It made me think of one of Prosper's animations.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom