Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant Pre-Prototype Thread

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
I think he's simply trying (too hard and with an eloquence he cannot into) to tell you that they are going for an aesthetic that is more 'figurative' than 'realistic', a representation relying more on the 'thematic' rather than the 'pragmatic'/'gritty'.
Which makes sense. Less of a budget and with an excuse on top ("but we told you"), more of a freedom to go their way :)
What i find disconcerting is his depiction of naivete as he puts it versus more recent representations. It is the wrong forum to analyse the didactic element of fantasy/fairy tales and how it reinforced conservative notions of false dualities, but i think it's safe to say that what he finds as charming and blissfully naive entails a misconception or two..or a lack of maturity..or both even. Elements i doubt will escape his work. To be seen. Again on the disconcerting is the paradox of his using a very strong example of the above as a case for stepping away from it (even if only aesthetically), only to move on to
reinforce the very notion it represents, lol, it being the naivete/charm underlying it...
I know i can't expect tech nerds to be knowledgeable in anything other than their line of work, that would be asking for constant disappointments; But i can expect them not to be retards.
While i agree mostly with your thought about this, i have to point out that you have a quite unusual way of organising them. This makes it a bit of hard to preprocess them and to forecast of what you want to say. And this makes the creation of the loop for creating the context a bit of hard. It can be simply that i'm not used to such a thought expression process, but if you would organise your expression in a simpler way before puting them to "paper" that would be very helpful and then i didn't have to read your post twice to understand them. Naturally it seems that we have both a unusual way of organising our thoughts, because people complain also about the fact that it is difficult to understand my posts, but it proves that this is not necessary the elaborated language that makes it difficult, because 4too uses restricted code and still the same applies to him. Perhaps if i read more of your posts i will get more used to your "way" of expression and with this training i will need only one read through for your posts.

For what is worth, Darkzone, your posts are much more congenial to read than Aenra's but I think he just doesn't have a firm grip on English to top his difficulties in expressing his outside the norm thoughts. And yes, reading more Aenra helps to try and understand what he's reaching at, and I propose that it pays off. For instance, here I agree with him on the criticism of the inability/naivete to express the reasons for implementing the whole figurative versus realistic aesthetic that our dear developer is trying to argue. I'm open to discussing the didatic element of fantasy/fairy tales on a appropriate thread in the Library, I'll take the standpoint of conservative notion of true dualities fpr fun. I may not be very knowledgeable in this stuff which is outside my line of work, but I'm not a retard either.

4too is a poet. We are blessed when he posts.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
For instance, here I agree with him on the criticism of the inability/naivete to express the reasons for implementing the whole figurative versus realistic aesthetic that our dear developer is trying to argue.

I took his explanation to analogously mean that they want to create whimsy and wonder rather than compete to create the grittiest knockoff of Harrenhal, brooding evil and malice that we have seen a cajillion times in the time since UW2.

Clearly they don't have the resources to compete in a tech battle and so perhaps their angle can be viewed as convenient but I don't believe they will base their approach to building their game on what they believe they cannot do but rather what they can if they shed the tropes.

Clearly a glass half full perspective but there it is.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
How's that prototype "released" "today", faggots?

Zep--

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom