Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant Pre-Release Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sorry to ask this, I haven't followed the news that closely, but isn't the game supposed to release in a month or two ? Was there a delay announcement that I missed ?

No formal announcement but it's beyond obvious that the game is delayed, yes. It looks like the pre-alpha/Vertical Slice will be coming out when the full game was supposed to.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Has any kickstarted game been published on schedule? The devs for any kickstarter project are obviously very optimistic when they give the timetables.

Nyast

Cipher
I don't mind a few months of delay, even 6 months would be fine. But hearing that the game is pre-alpha around the time it was supposed to release is worrying. Will they have enough money to complete / not rush the game ? Cause alpha, then beta, then release, these stages will likely take many months each too..

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't mind a few months of delay, even 6 months would be fine. But hearing that the game is pre-alpha around the time it was supposed to release is worrying. Will they have enough money to complete / not rush the game ? Cause alpha, then beta, then release, these stages will likely take many months each too..

They just announced a list of people that they'd hired recently, so it looks like they're not hugely concerned by budget.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Chris answered some questions the other day: https://www.othersideentertainment.com/forum/index.php?topic=1272.0

Starting with the modest hopes of DawnrazorDCLXVI:

I have a broader question, more pertaining to the overall concept. How much of the game is dialogue, diplomacy, dealing with other sentient beings, versus questing, action, and gameplay?

Also, I am very curious as to how open the level design will be. Are we talking a sandbox that extends in all directions, or more like Dark Souls, where you start in a certain place, and then the areas branch out like a tree chart?

Also, are most of the zones open-ended; or more linear, like in a corridor-crawl?

Lastly, I'd be really interesting to have a dialogue update. I realize you guys are being shush-shush, but since indicating you had other ideas for how dialogue might work, color me intrigued.

I'll post anymore questions as they occur to me.

Hopes? I hope for an open sandbox with emergent gameplay, and references toward past lore, as well as a rich culture and history, systems interactions, nonlinear narrative, symbolic storytelling, deep lore, crafting, food, and survival. Hoping weapons and armor retain a unique feel--rather than simply being a collection of stats. I hope the tension remains, and is key, one can rarely rely on others in the underworld, only themselves. I am hoping for combat-heavy gameplay, and a focus on pure survival, along with physics-based interactions with the environment. Maybe even some Lovecraftian references to add flavor to the horror. Interactions should be meaningful, and not superficial. Beyond that, I am open to exploring new possibilities with the Underworld IP, as long as it doesn't deviate far from the core concept.

1. its both. I guess the rote answer is the game is not just explore strange new worlds see interesting things and kill them.
2. Level Design- as currently planned... mini sandboxes with points of interest? So, A level of the Abyss is a sandbox with a few 'dungeons' accessible. In some ways the way DA:I broke up their world, they just used a overland map to select their 'levels'. Don't expect them to be that crazy size that DA:I areas were. But overall that is the theory we are working with. Granted underground has its own challenges for this kind of design, some of that we are still working out --i.e. manmade vs natural exc.
3. Dialog - soon. This is one of those things we want to keep close to our vest.

Okay, very quiet, so....what are people looking forward to as things now stand? (if you want to sit on a high horse or chuck bricks, there are several threads for that already)

My own hope covers a few things:

1. I hope the game retains its existing 'look', radiance and palette in particular; and its scope in terms of plot, systems, and implementation in general. I also hope the animations have stepped up several notches and are properly bedded into the world.

2. I hope the devs don't get too side-tracked by some of the sillier criticism, and certainly don't feel held to account.

3. Lastly, I hope the current silence (more prolonged and scant on detail than others we have had for a long time...perhaps we got used to being spoiled?) is not a sign of some re-jig behind the scenes, major stumbling block, or capitulation on the graphics engine. Some re-assuring noises would help. Recent updates have fed this fear, it seems, rather than stopped it.

1. Look is not changing. Just refining.
2. Nah. Thick skins, and I do believe all criticism is useful on some level, but the trick is to really figure out what people are reacting to. Sometimes it is not what they say, but more the emotional reaction to something.
3. Just Busy. No scary whatsits behind the scenes.

I'm looking forward to seeing how far the player is empowered by the improvisation engine. I feel personally that even though we have had some kind of a return of the immersive simulation genre with games like Dishonored and the Deus Ex prequels (amongst others), the freedom the player has to interact with their world and to achieve their goals in clever and unexpected ways has not evolved beyond what LGS were giving us over a decade ago. In many ways we've probably even gone backward.

I've seen reviewers getting excited by the fact you can stack crates to get places in Deus Ex Mankind Divided and lauding this as an example of player freedom. Yes of course that sort of thing is wonderful to see and I love that kind of thing as much as the next person, but really have our expectations as players and the ambitions of developers really became so low that this is gold star material?

Give me more options to interact and manipulate, allow the world to react to a greater degree (but also in a realistic/understandable fashion), present me with NPCs that do more than just follow a schedule and respond to a few basic triggers, offer me open ended goals that allow me to complete them organically and not just in one of the X number of predetermined solutions that you've designed.

Or don't do any of that, but just show me in some way what you guys think the next evolution of these sort of games would have looked like before everyone decided to stop pushing forward on the areas that are really interesting and focussed (rightly or wrongly) on making things look nicer and be more accessible.

lol stacking crates.

in our world you can fly crates.

i dont see why not.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
How's that shit sandwich tasting now, men? Would you like some extra piss juice to make it go down easier?

Zep--

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
On the writing style: https://www.othersideentertainment.com/forum/index.php?topic=1283.msg20269#msg20269

I'd say we're going for more of a Deadwood vibe in the game. Or, to put a slightly finer point on it, not so much profanity-ridden side of it but more "characters living in an incredibly dangerous environment where they need to constantly think on their feet to survive." My feeling is that will reinforce the deadly ecology of the world around you and also tie into the Improvisation Engine gameplay. Like that show, I've been drawing on primary sources from pioneering times for inspiration. (You can hopefully see a peek at this in the journal entries in the Playable Prototype.)

I can assure you that there will be plenty of direct references to Ultima Underworld and its languages, though. (Why, I was just writing in Lizardman a few days ago...)

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
"...we're going for..."
"My feeling is..."
"...I've been drawing on..."
"You can hopefully..."

Again, they got nothing.

Zep--

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Big update:

-nyFScRhLb5kGTvkW6pyMhco59mQW8LEA1H-UXn7UXZSsMk3vAnvtvn9JGlB7VDLMtCRqroUVBP9i3QVIWqP6TlzGj9lSF6tP_zzDXaIYIU9zQE3GhfrutSe0THuZefW2_-eIthK2rC9cIN3l9U_la3i_ASeCWBORk_JxmY=s0-d-e1-ft
Issue #30 - October 31, 2016

Hello backers,
Happy Halloween! Hope those of you currently experiencing the change of seasons have been enjoying the fall colors and cooling jacket/sweater weather, and that everyone’s having a great time with the increasing number of end-of-the-year game releases.
This month’s newsletter has a special Halloween theme -- evidenced by the pervading presence of Underworld Ascendant’s Undead -- and includes updates on your Kickstarter-related questions and more.
But, first…

A Special Word from OtherSide’s Paul Neurath
It probably comes as no surprise, but it’s taking longer than we’d hoped for Underworld Ascendant to come together. The release will extend beyond the original November 2016 date.

Our goal is to make a game that’s not only wonderfully fun and super polished, but also genuinely innovative. We’re pushing hard on the Improvisation Engine, going deep with making The Stygian Abyss feel like a living and breathing dynamic environment, on achieving the subtle interplay with the Faction politics, and more.

Innovating is hard work, and not an entirely predictable process. The team learned this lesson on the original Underworlds, and with Thief: The Dark Project and other games that pushed the envelope. We do feel that taking the time to make the game great is the right call.

Before we will be ready to share an updated release date, we want to get over the hump on the key innovations and know that they are working smoothly. In February, we expect to share a new Prototype build with Backers that shows much progress.

We are hugely appreciative of your patience and support, and in being part of seeing this game come to life.

A Rewarding Announcement
To thank our fans for their patience as we work to ensure Underworld Ascendant is everything it can be, we’re providing two gifts…
First off, we’ve gone ahead and unlocked the current Stretch Goal for The Necropolis of The Ancients, a foreboding lower level location where the game’s most powerful Undead, hidden secrets, and rarest arcane treasure can be found.

FGbZAb-7Pph1sFBOLHBnqATEuBnjdQErKZQ1h4xjYS2bmjZjTDtBM21t6MmaHx5-OXz2aIFgCR8mALB7_wnTi9XYLYYynxyPmEnIXEbYF9zyjN8ZjGGI3Er_UjASQNWwIJjRNrroL4Ev-OJbpijMWmwtNr3PV1CFjU0o9vA=s0-d-e1-ft

Early concept art of The Necropolis, where the Arch Lich Tyball rules.

We’ll also be providing to all Backers who have pledged for a digital copy of the game a bonus collection of seven, hi-res Underworld Ascendant wallpapers spotlighting the work of concept artist Robb (SHODAN, Garrett, Sander Cohen) Waters.

5C-x7tX0IObi0ywTmWjg8kcznHBFsZkthYxgvWrZ1qt94RLFH_I4a6Cnt5gdeTlviBY_-bFjtKDBWi5NJUQcRYbCmhvlaTtabgaDOwTJ53PZUEFy7bIzwvQhHmI8wjr-79rlMo3LarWPDdaRawt9jeuhkEv6mPCRVRtY7oA=s0-d-e1-ft

Visit your BackerKit account to access your wallpaper collection now.

With horrible creatures like these displayed on your desktop, you can ensure that Halloween lasts 365 days a year.

An Upset Spectre Named Warren Speaks From The Abyss…

OtherSide Austin Studio Director Warren Spector took a short break from System Shock 3 to share thoughts about the early days of Ultima Underworld development and our plans for Underworld Ascendant.
Here’s Warren:
I’ve been excited about the prospect of a new Underworld game since OtherSide announced they were doing Underworld Ascendant and asked me to provide whatever creative advice I could offer. Recently, the guys in the Boston office asked me if I could recall any memorable moments from the development of the original game. Here are some of them…
My earliest memory is of seeing the original demo of the tech that would one day become
Underworld. Paul Neurath was showing off this fully textured, first-person, 3D, real-time game to a bunch of us at Origin. One thing I remember is how blasé they all seemed. By contrast, I was kind of jumping out of my skin – “The World Just Changed! Can’t You Guys See It?” That was all I could think. At that moment, I knew I had to be involved in the project. It took a while for me to get onboard (thanks to a bunch of weirdness at Origin that we don’t need to get into here), but eventually I got to work on the project. That kind of changed my life, if you want to know the truth. My mission in life has always been to recreate the feeling I had playing D&D and telling stories with my friends. Underworld came as close to achieving that goal as any game of its day.
rWQ0h0MSCUral_LMSVnmV2Osdppb4fOd1UajwufbuLzFkHU7SigM2BNRx3nsNzViiW41ixtX_Lr0KOVX3h1zX2OQYCD5GXrvulQuFzFBo0eT4ejw_4OD7nJJaJEYImqIUFe-E7SMAUu8UpWTpHSJwuN-LE8J6oPiXYuUWvw=s0-d-e1-ft

Then there was the development itself. The team was crazy inexperienced and they were just making stuff up as they went along. I don’t even remember how many movement systems and combat systems they did. There was no process, no nothing – just a bunch of guys doing a bunch of stuff until something good came out of it, or work had to be thrown out. Actually, now that I think about it, that may have been the first time I encountered Agile Development! Ooh. Snap!
Anyway, much of the game was developed in the Blue Sky Productions office in New Hampshire but some of the game was developed in Cambridge, Mass. at “the house of ten dumb guys” (aka “Deco Morono”) where a bunch of the team lived together. The first time I visited Deco Morono, I’m pretty sure the team was carrying on a conversation in Old English. If it wasn’t Old English it was some language I sure didn’t understand. Maybe it was some MIT thing… Instead of coffee the guys drank an evil brew of hot Mountain Dew with marshmallows. Or maybe they were just punking me. It was vile. I also remember something about a Chia Pet, but the details are lost in the mists of time.

JrWjz4NtO7ijuiPJh1qk_XmfeHlmH5VRBrqLOfF1MEJAGuSgmp93_I-FthAkbn7vMTxx_jvc_1_cZeOMv4fNmxGTRVIFJ253Sfp-TOTI2NRXMCFX74Y3QDDsHs9ysRaDCTfnoWjpAOHsA-TY8m3ST1osxtbistNDxXVUM6g=s0-d-e1-ft

Underworld then…

Deco Morono was a pretty strange place, but the coolest and craziest moments for me happened in a single room in the basement of some government building in Somerville, MA. It was winter and a cold wind whipped through the gaps at the bottom of the doors. We shoved towels in there but they didn’t do much good. It was freezing. (At least, it felt that way to this Texas boy.) And there were no desks, just a couple of folding tables and a bunch of beach chairs. Yes, Underworld was created by a bunch of guys in beach chairs. The whole team -- not that there were that many of them -- crammed in there, along with testers we invited in once in a while. I’ve never worked on another game where the testers were MIT PhD’s!
For all the fun we had in that basement, the thing I remember most vividly from that frigid winter was how many parking tickets I got. Somerville is not car-friendly! I’m pretty sure if I ever show my face in Somerville again, I’ll get arrested instantly.
As far as the game itself went, a couple of things stand out:
The decision to allow players to select a male or female avatar, as well as his or her ethnicity, was a good one. I got mail about that for years. Many people were grateful we allowed players to select an avatar that looked like themselves. That was cool and I’ll never understand why more games didn’t do that back then. Thankfully, more games are doing that now. (Though we need even more games that aren’t just for white guys…)

zaKWD-KFLKAp3q6Ys1mN_zBUlZWBC7_X3c1aB0lCqHNQs-UZlDht95tAtoD_K0mgUzXv71NZupYlL5qnERMjsjhpeD_X097EGW6qjh00TzR6QGxTf3hD9m1zIPtsY2eshmelOkJwVaGlKm2GXezOp_wm4xn7l4bNEOKMVNY=s0-d-e1-ft

Underworld now…

My favorite part of the game… My favorite level? Definitely level 4. The quest for and confrontation with Rodrick the Chaos Knight was one of the most epic things I’d ever done in a game. If memory serves, Doug Church designed that level and it showed just how talented the guy was (and still is). Funny thing, though? There was a whole meme -- before memes were a thing -- that you could only kill Rodrick with a dagger. Completely untrue. No idea how that myth got started.
And then, there were the in-jokes. There were so many it’s hard to list them all. There’s the first-person perspective Pac-Man game on one of the game levels. (Was it level 6? I can’t remember.) Every Blue Sky and Looking Glass game for a while included an homage to some classic game or other. And I was flattered that the team included “an upset Spectre named Warren” in the game. (Also on level 6, I think.)

HHqlS2QwY_fgNEIsHhTLhRl9jWa9ynIvUGYZdk472L43FEKiaFG31Zk_5HePF5MDLUSHVVAUy1-y3FQZaWXLYFFiGjnmRqt9ZMSuf4pfI9dfxWLTk80QGJsX7AMSmG-dL-kIkuLWr33bip45vJzgvXBIKsV7EFIgETEsV8g=s0-d-e1-ft

Warren’s cameo in Ultima Underworld

So many stories… I’ve barely scratched the surface. The big thing about Underworld, though, wasn’t the individual stories but the way each element of the game worked with every other element to offer players the most fully developed, most deeply simulated fantasy dungeon anyone had ever seen up to that time. Sure, others have surpassedUnderworld since it was released in 1992, though I’ve often said you could update the graphics, sound and UI of the original Underworld and still have a state-of-the-art RPG… which is kind of sad, when you think about it. But whatever you think about the game today, in its day, the original UU was a revelation.
Today, the
Underworld Ascendant team at OtherSide isn’t just updating graphics, sound and UI. They’re working to shock the world of gaming again with a whole new game inspired by the original Underworld. There’s still plenty of room to innovate in games and the team has learned a lot about simulated environments. (And graphics and sound and user interfaces… Definitely about user interfaces!) Anyway, they’ve learned a lot since the first game shipped and the goal of the team is to take advantage of everything they’ve learned to deliver something fresh and new and altogether wonderful.
One thing we’ve all learned is that innovation and a chance at greatness can’t be rushed. The
UA team is committed to both goals. It just takes time.
PS: The original
Underworld shipped two months before Wolfenstein 3d, making it the first fully-textured, real-time, 3D game ever. So there.

An Ecology Lesson of Underworld Ascendant’s The Stygian Abyss
Since the start, we’ve discussed how The Stygian Abyss will be its own character. We’re striving to create a world that’s fascinating to explore, a place where you want to unearth every last secret and that remains constantly full of surprises.
Part of that is narrative, but in Underworld Ascendant, the story is meant to always work in support of gameplay systems.

OH9LobyCd1rfqExNONO_zvcZKkCqN53do_PM9v0vWcDBntthUHYLkaVlhlq2-E9I8IZbgHf2plYisqfh6ewTy9mRXERXxBi6HqOhPWTVXZp3GkOgH9uPJVzYrFN0Jp2wUrmjQYPsz9Tc2YGlP9bhsm6kMQWX_KL6y7UBpwU=s0-d-e1-ft

Will O Wisps are harmless & helpful.

For instance, the Will O Wisp (seen left) is a creature that acts as “the sun” in The Underworld. It ingests Mana and excretes light, so is an absolutely key part of the subterranean ecology.Without it, and the incursion of foreign environments through dimensional gateways, The Stygian Abyss would be a completely desolate place where life wouldn’t exist.
But the presence of these factors has led to a thriving ecology to exist underground, allowing for rich flora and fauna, as well as towns housed by the three Factions (the Dwarves, Deep Elves, and Shamblers), Lizard Men, and more.
At odds with this fragile habitat are The Undead, who drain Mana to ambulate in a sad parody of life. They’re not necessarily “evil,” but have a parasitic relationship with the environment, only taking and giving nothing back.
You’ve seen some of The Undead before and may have even fought a few in our Pre-Alpha Prototype, but we wanted to show you previously-unrevealed concept art of another: The Eidolon.
These floating spirits are part of the “Confounder” AI class, meaning that they enhance enemies or detract from the player in combat. In the case of the Eidolon, they attempt to keep their distance, using their abilities to raise fallen allies and convert the bodies of fallen foes into Undead.
Those choosing to play without the use of ranged abilities may find the Eidolon particularly vexing… until they develop new strategies for dealing with them.

kZn0cynF6n5lUORarGGXUC9XHBigRc5ik4cITUs1aGAJ60JxqlstKz6MKp9gwON2fjoWJhJY6zHrulhIxhV6QmQWDmvuaU2m08i8ALs_fCtXppTW00tfYMwgzYfJENbKMj1osT3eOoZYSo3QE9tWBNoLErAqFL2fRfawOcw=s0-d-e1-ft

Previously-unseen Eidolon concept art.

Previously-unseen Eidolon concept art.
Like all AI in Underworld Ascendant, they’re designed to push you to constantly utilize The Improvisation Engine to come up with creative solutions to challenging situations.More OtherSide News.

Here are a few more notable OtherSide-related news items:
  • Underworld Overlord – the innovative VR action/strategy game where you play as a Lich and defend your dungeon against an onslaught of invading “Heroes” – is coming soon from our VR team, exclusively for the Google Daydream!
  • For those of you who qualify for exclusive, higher-tier rewards for crowdfunding Underworld Ascendant, here’s when can expect them to start rolling out:
    • Access to exclusive developer's blog - Early 2017
    • Developer Roundtables – Starting Spring, 2017 (post Pre-Alpha Build)
    • Special Conference Call w/ dev team - Spring, 2017 (post Pre-Alpha Build)
    • Design a likeness, lordy abode, & heroic prose - Summer, 2017
We'll have further details as these dates approach.

OtherSide has a new web-site coming in November!
There’s just a few more days left to back inXile’s Wasteland 3 on FIG. Don’t miss out!
The latest update from Night Dive Studios on System Shock has new details and some great new Robb Waters concept art.
Our friends at Arkane Studios will be releasing Dishonored 2 on November 11th for PC and consoles. We can’t wait!
Former LGS alumni over at Greyborn Studios have had their title Luna & the Moonling
greenlit on Steam!

Until next!
Best,
The Team at OtherSide

Hnnng, so much for the Vertical Slice.

Ash

Arcane
Part of that is narrative, but in Underworld Ascendant, the story is meant to always work in support of gameplay systems.

:incline:

First off, we’ve gone ahead and unlocked the current Stretch Goal for The Necropolis of The Ancients

:incline:

Today, the Underworld Ascendant team at OtherSide isn’t just updating graphics, sound and UI. They’re working to shock the world of gaming again with a whole new game inspired by the original Underworld.

I sure hope so.

Durwyn

Prophet
Wow, it's.... not much I guess. Typical KS money burn through pre-production, design itteration, blow and hookers. Next comes "we must have something" crunching and then the unpolished beta suddenly becomes gold release. I've seen this pattern too often nowadays.

Hopefully I'm wrong, I still have much faith in those guys.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Wow, it's.... not much I guess. Typical KS money burn through pre-production, design itteration, blow and hookers. Next comes "we must have something" crunching and then the unpolished beta suddenly becomes gold release. I've seen this pattern too often nowadays.

There's no pattern until they announce a final release date. February is a new "Prototype" (Different name for the Vertical Slice? If it isn't, then that actually suggests they have a lot of budget, since they can afford to cycle through another prototype before releasing it)

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

There's no pattern until they announce a final release date. February is a new "Prototype" (Different name for the Vertical Slice? If it isn't, then that actually suggests they have a lot of budget, since they can afford to cycle through another prototype before releasing it)
I'm thinking they actually mean the Vertical Slice. They've been talking about it, so maybe it was just a miscommunication in the email when they sent it and they meant VS instead of PT.

Ash

Arcane
Gave you a cuck rating but you're right in a sense. No screenshot? In fact, the whole update revealed next to nothing new about the game itself. Still, just because they don't want to reveal anything doesn't mean they've got nothing. They're gonna keep a tight lid on it and then market hard before release I suspect. After all, the other approach hasn't been working too well.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
A Rewarding Announcement
To thank our fans for their patience as we work to ensure Underworld Ascendant is everything it can be…
First off, we’ve gone ahead and unlocked the current Stretch Goal for The Necropolis of The Ancients, a foreboding lower level location where the game’s most powerful Undead, hidden secrets, and rarest arcane treasure can be found.

This is the big news of the update for me. They not only have a chance to make a memorably haunted and scary place in the vein of the crypts in Arx Fatalis, but think bigger and go for "Haunted Cathedral/Shalebridge Cradle"-esque mood and tension from Thief.

Let's see what they come up with...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom