Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underworld Ascendant Prototype Gameplay Footage at PC Gamer and Polygon

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Exactly.
It is quite funny how people who have some insight into how development works see this video and think "Well, yeah, that's nice for this state in the cycle", where people who obviously lack that insight and are used to "beautified" videos and other PR stuff get mad about how unfinished everything looks.
And yes, they could have done some explaining on the video.

Seriously, the progress shown in the video is okay at this point. And if what they say about the AI is true, that's quite the achievement. Most games, even AAA titles, are not able to deliver an AI that does these things reliably. Of course, we don't know yet if this one will.

Honestly, the first 90% of development (of any game) does not yield truly visible results, while the last 10% of development will look like 90% of development came in all at once. I'm actually surprised they have this lava effect working already. Such a thing would usually not have the highest priority in development.
That's some fine reasoning, until the game is shipped and we find out that it's exactly the same but prettier...

Out of all the gameplay scenarios they decided to show, they went for the linear cinematic action adventure? Either they are that stupid or they intend to show something of what the game is really about.

Mustawd

That's some fine reasoning, until the game is shipped and we find out that it's exactly the same but prettier...

Out of all the gameplay scenarios they decided to show, they went for the linear cinematic action adventure? Either they are that stupid or they intend to show something of what the game is really about.

What do you intend them to show? The game is still in development FFS. This aint bad for three months, really.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
Just watched the video without the sound because I'm at the office and I think it looks and feels better than Skyrim, which is a low bar to pass. Liked the colours and shapes. The video keeps me interested, which is a plus, considering I donated the minimum to have the game someday (probably by 2018).

Read just about half the thread until the uninspired whinning bored me senseless.

I really hope you won't be able to kill a dragon by level 1 so I won't hate the game. FUS DO RAH

Perkel

Arcane
looks like console indie game about smurfs.

Does that self commentary by character will be norm ? because that is decline.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
Early Thief: The Dark Project trailer AKA "Medieval Guard Shooter 97":

That's about 14 months into development.

Yeah Thief did look rough before coming out, but that because it sprang from a completely different game they had in mind. A more action rpg.
The point stilll, stands, I hope Neurath knows how to pull it off.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
I believe you started uw.exe
Underworld

True.

http://wiki.ultimacodex.com/wiki/Ultima_Underworld_Internal_Formats#Models_.28uw.exe.2C_uw2.exe.29

UltimaUnderworld-Advertisement.jpg

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
People need shit explained to them in demos.
Just need to look who hosted the video to understand.

What I don't understand is why they went with some in-game thing instead of just having a dev narrate the thing like normal people.

Zeriel

Arcane
That Unity jank. I sure do love my immersive first person dungeon crawlers with constant stuttering. :^)

ROARRR

Savant
Possibly Retarded
It should be UUw -> Ultima Underworld

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom