Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant Pre-Prototype Thread

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
This place is full of Cermudgeons
curmudgeon.jpg

$850k for the enhanced sounds and audio engine and that last little bit of content would be great even if after the campaign. Beyond that I'd like to stay away from the co-op shit.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Reluctantly reduced pledge to $1. I just feel too Zyngaed by this campaign. Too many things about it make me :|

Looking forward to Codex impressions after release and hopefully (if it's good) a bargain bin purchase down the line.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They made the Forsaken Webway stretch goal at $825k. Five hours to make $850k.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Moving stretch goals around to milk rather than being realistic about what they'd cost.

Yeah... Glad I jumped off the train before it got underway. The wreck will be spectacular to watch from afar.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Moving stretch goals around to milk rather than being realistic about what they'd cost.

They only moved the Enhanced Music stretch goal down one notch. Music isn't a manpower/budget intensive thing. That's not what I'd be worried about this in the project.

Darkzone

Arcane
It looks like they are going to make it to the 850k stretch goal. The europeans have thrown some money at them.
garr.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/othersidegames/underworld-ascendant/posts/1156874

Dynamic Music and SFX and Resonant Cave Unlocked!

You guys continue to be simply amazing! With less than 1 hours to go, we have passed $850,000! This incredible achievement means Dynamic Music and Sound Effects have been unlocked, as well as the Resonant Cave!

Now we will be able to add more sound effects to the game, as well as a more sophisticated dynamic contextual in-game audio system. These additions will help make the Stygian Abyss a world of audio wonder.

And, to show off these new features, the Resonant Cave will enchant us with soft sounds and starkly enchanting melodies that seem to hang in the air like a warm breeze. It is said that those adventurers who listen and learn to play these melodies will gain a certain magical sway over the subterranean airs.

Next Up Language Localization

When this stretch goal is hit we will have the funds to hire translators to localize the game in French, German, Italian and Spanish. Our foreign speaking fans will be able to play Underworld Ascendant more easily without the need for Google Translate!

Even if we don't hit this very important milestone in the hour or so before the Kickstarter ends, don't forget that we will be continuing the funding for the game over on our website and will still be working towards reaching those stretch goals!

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
The final day has gone much better than I expected! :)

Also, there are $20 slots popping open every few minutes - so if anybody is still looking to hop onboard, now's a good time.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Not too keen on pledging right now, but if the development down the road looks good I'll probably pre-order.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
FUNDED, with $859,056 and 13,974 backers.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Musaab

Unwanted
I dropped $200 on this one. No regrets. Looking forward to it all. For all the douches that didn't, they are gonna have post-Kickstarter funding on their website, probably similar to what Shroud of the Avatar is doing. You might want to get in on it...or maybe you can go play Dragon Age instead and make love to your same-sex party members.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
well

this got just about everything I wanted it to get

and I didn't have to increase muh pledge for it to get there

most excellent
tumblr_mu3scjR7k01shaex9o1_250.gif

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
UPDATE: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/othersidegames/underworld-ascendant/posts/1156915

As our Kickstarter campaign comes to an end, we cannot express enough how grateful we are to you, our fans and our community, for having faith in us, backing us, and helping us moldUnderworld Ascendant into the game we all want it to be. This experience has been truly amazing for every one of us, something we will never forget!

Now, moving forward, this grand party will head over to our website, where we will continue to keep you updated, continue to have live events, keep the chatter going on our forums, and have new votes for you to share your voice. Together, we will roll forward with the adventure of bringing Underworld Ascendant to life!

We’re also going to continue to crowd-fund the game, so that we can reach at least a few more of the Stretch Goals that are not reached during this Kickstarter. Moving the funding to our website means that we will now begin accepting pledges via PayPal. For those of you who use PayPal and were unable to pledge during the Kickstarter please head over the our online store and join us at last!

Managing Your Pledge and Add-Ons
Over the next month or so, we’ll receive the information from Kickstarter regarding your pledges and this information will become available in our system. We will notify you when this transfer is complete. We expect this process to take several weeks – we appreciate your patience.

Some time after that, you'll be receiving a backerkit survey from us asking you a bunch of questions such as which add-ons you may have selected, get your address information for sending you any physical goods, and many other questions related to your pledge.

While we know many of our existing backers will wish to up their pledges over the coming months, please do not do so until the backerkit survey has gone out. At that time we will have all the information about you in our database that we need for you to begin adjusting your pledge amount.

If you have any questions about this process, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via our website or forums.

What's Next?
After we here at OtherSide take a few brief moments to collect ourselves and perhaps raise a toast in celebration, it will be right back to work with the continued development of Underworld Ascendant.

The first thing we want to do is outline for you, our backers, just what our outlook is for development through the rest of this year. On Monday we will be posting this outline to all members of our forums. We think this will give all our backers the confidence that we mean it when we say we WILL deliver this game in a timely manner, we WON'T get bogged down in feature creep and this WILL be the best CRPG since the first Underworlds.

In addition, sometime in the next week or so, we will be having our first post-Kickstarter community vote. This time we want to lock down the look of the Lizardmen and we know you want to help us. Stay tuned to our website for information on what the looks we are debating are, and how you can help us determine another important design point in the game!

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Those are the same addons that were offered through Kickstarter, so it hasn't gotten worse in that regard.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Those are the same addons that were offered through Kickstarter, so it hasn't gotten worse in that regard.

In fact it's gotten better as there's no longer any 'doomclock' hanging over people's heads. From what I can tell, I can throw money at this any time I want now - which is what I'll do once I have a clearer idea of the game itself.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
They have to be exhausted. Those campaigns are 18 hours per day for a month.

cuttting and refining content...made the gameplay sleek. In some ways, less is more. More cutting, less content...Or biting off more than you can chew.

http://www.othersideentertainment.com/forum/index.php?topic=461.msg6914#msg6914

:hmmm:

Don't make my statements into a misnomer. Refinement can mean one of two things: dumbing down gameplay, or making the game interface accessible. In the case of Thief 1 & 2, the gameplay was tight, the lack of a lean function and a weapon added to, rather than detracted, from gameplay.

I think you know you are taking a single statement out of context, therefore your entire argument is based on throwing out a red herring. :)

However, cheers for putting words in my mouth.

That's like taking one sentence out of War & Peace and assuming you've read the novel. Or assuming they're and there are the same thing, because although they are pronounced the same, they do not share a similar meaning. Apples and oranges, my friend. ;)

You lack context.

cuttting and refining content...made the gameplay sleek. In some ways, less is more. More cutting, less content...Or biting off more than you can chew.

http://www.othersideentertainment.com/forum/index.php?topic=461.msg6914#msg6914

:hmmm:

Don't make my statements into a misnomer. Refinement can mean one of two things: dumbing down gameplay, or making the game interface accessible. In the case of Thief 1 & 2, the gameplay was tight, the lack of a lean function and a weapon added to, rather than detracted, from gameplay.

I think you know you are taking a single statement out of context, therefore your entire argument is based on throwing out a red herring. :)

However, cheers for putting words in my mouth.

That's like taking one sentence out of War & Peace and assuming you've read the novel. Or assuming they're and there are the same thing, because although they are pronounced the same, they do not share a similar meaning. Apples and oranges, my friend. ;)

You lack context.

PS: Since you're stalking me, I assume you have nothing better to do with your time than mind my business. Or assume my game tastes need to specifically clone your own.

I assume your bias extends towards others as well. Anyone who disagrees with you is wrong? Or are we all required now to share a common taste with the admin. Amirite??

That's a lot to extrapolate from one :hmmm:, dude.

Taking half a sentence and ignoring the other half is like eating two slices of bread with nothing in between, and assuming you have a sandwich. You have just eaten bread, not a swiss cheese sandwich.

Also, the picture was only one half the post. The other half was extrapolating part of my quote, which is like taking one line out of Bible, and assuming you've read the whole thing. Again, lack of discernment and character assassination are not an argument. In much the same way as ad hominems are not attacking an argument, but slandering the target.

You are cherry picking for evidence.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom