Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underrail Dev Log #50: Version 1.0.2.2 Beta

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Stygian Software; Underrail

Styg and his crew are working on the Expedition expansion for Underrail these days, but it looks like they've also been spending some time on improvements that are relevant to the base game. Today's development update announces the launch of an "experimental" beta for the game's next version, which players can opt in to if they want to participate. The update includes a thematically appropriate screenshot and an extensive changelog, of which I'll quote a portion:

Hi guys, soon we'll be ready to release a new update for the game. For those who wish to help us test it, we've set up "Experimental" branches on Steam and GOG Galaxy.

To play experimental branch on Steam, you right click the game in your library and go to "Betas" tab. To do so on GOG, you select the game and choose More->Settings. Make sure you don't override all your live version saves just in case something goes horribly wrong.

Here are the patch notes:

Feats
  • AP reduction from Gunslinger feat will now properly affect only firearms
  • Added feats: Bowyer (crossbow crafting)
  • Ripper feat will now properly work with serrated knives
Visuals
  • Added a new visual model for siphoner, ancient rathound, and super steel armor
  • Telekinetic proxies and electrokinetic imprints will now be visible behind walls
Interface
  • Added tooltips for empty gear slots
  • Forcing the vent with crowbar will now be done through Quick Invoker (once the crowbar is equipped, you'll get the ability there)
  • Changed the "Focused" tooltip to be gender neutral (tested for all 99 genders)
Mechanics
  • Cats nerfed
  • Dreadnoughts buffed
  • When a character that has nightvision turned on gets flashbanged, they will also be dazed for 5 turns
  • Some of the merchants now have additional mercantile checks which (if passed) will expand that merchant's store inventory
I guess those cats weren't as harmless as the Underrail wiki claims they are. Read the full changelog for details on the bugs that have been fixed in the new version and the changes it makes to items and quests.

Drowed

Arcane
Oh, how much I miss a map in this game. It has been transformed into a "second Arcanum" to me: I love it to death and I've started it several times but I end up abandoning it over time (albeit for different reasons in both games).

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Oh, how much I miss a map in this game. It has been transformed into a "second Arcanum" to me: I love it to death and I've started it several times but I end up abandoning it over time (albeit for different reasons in both games).

At this point, I cannot take seriously complains about the missing map. I took me a few moments to find all the shit below:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/complete-underrail-map.107263/ (by our own ghostdog)

http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Maps

http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Maps/outdated

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=588650003

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=597180731

Styg will not implement maps for this game (maybe not even for the sequel) and while I don't agree with his decision I accepted it. It's a non-issue.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Did they fix the fact you can't play it without speedhacks to up the walk speed???

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Hmm, doesn't seem worth it, I'm going to play it in offline mode as is.

Drowed

Arcane

At this point, I cannot take seriously complains about the missing map. I took me a few moments to find all the shit below:

I already found all of these, and more. But I find it a chore to have to access anything external to play a computer game. By saying this I'm triggering all codexers who love to drawn their own maps, I imagine.

If there's one thing I don't miss from the old games (besides the horrendous interface/clunkiness of some) it's the lack of a good ingame map.

Last edited:

Black Angel

Arcane
It feels so fucking good to memorize all the places and experience the inter-connectivity of the world of Underrail. Sure, it's kind of tedious to walk back and forth between places, but a map ain't really solve the tedium.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Draw your own maps. Simple diagram-like maps are enough for the most part. (Well, at least to the part I played.)

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
What's the cat thing about? Are there even cats in the game?
Am I being retarded here

Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Hmm, doesn't seem worth it, I'm going to play it in offline mode as is.
Do you mean you are going to start playing Underrail without updating to this version? If so, you should definitely reconsider. After all, you know more than anyone here the power of a good update.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Draw your own maps. Simple diagram-like maps are enough for the most part. (Well, at least to the part I played.)

This kind of thing has been and should be automated.

Do you mean you are going to start playing Underrail without updating to this version? If so, you should definitely reconsider. After all, you know more than anyone here the power of a good update.

Well I've only played PoE 3.03 as opposed to .04 or .05. These fixes/changes don't seem significant enough to wait.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom