Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underrail Dev Log #37: The Institute of Tchort, and other upcoming updates

Ninjerk

Arcane
Hi everyone - Im doing the music for Underrail.. and I have been working hard to help build even more atmosphere into this game

you guys will be very pleased when it is complete

Do you have a Soundcloud account by chance? I like to follow video game composers on there.

yes, https://soundcloud.com/invisible-acropolis

I also did the music for NEO Scavenger, so you can find one of those tracks on that page as well

i'll put together a small montage preview of some of the Underrail stuff, and i'll post it in the next day or so
Dude, the influences (or maybe just similarities) I'm hearing are all over the fucking place and I LIKE IT.

Awakened_Yeti

Arcane
Developer
Thanks guys, always nice to hear

here is a sample of some of the tracks for Underrail - just a small selection

hiver

Anyone having problems with installing and running the demo? win7 64, nothing strange except installing it to D, admin account, tried running the exe in compability options, no dice.
I get the small starting screen, windowed and then it crashes.
Why is it trying to connect to teh internets too?

epeli

Arcane
hiver
When you installed the demo, did you use setup.exe or the .msi file? You should use setup.exe, so it installs all the prerequisites.
The installer probably wants to download/update your .NET or XNA framework.

Another thing that could cause problems (only with the demo) is Windows Media Player. If you have disabled it as a windows feature, re-enable it. (Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Turn Windows features on or off -> Media Features -> Windows Media Player)

hiver

used setup, ofcourse.
it might have installed one of those two incorrectly though, there was some hiccup.

enable windows media player? what is this? middle ages? fer sake..

epeli

Arcane
Yeah, I know. The demo version had WMA music and thus used WMP codecs. Not anymore, now Underrail has glorious music by Awakened_Yeti in .ogg format. :P

Sykar

Arcane
The art just keep getting better. I can't wait till they redo some of the earlier areas to bring them in line with the latest additions.

2eecz9x.jpg

The caves of steel eggs and walls with veins are an iconic part of this game. :smug:

I don't care anymore about graphics (much), this is a true Fallout "successor" unlike that shit Behtderp produces with an incredible atmosphere despite its limited technology.:incline:

:takemymoney:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom