Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Parabalus

Arcane
epeli Will anything be done about the house and the long walk/loading screens needed to get to it?

Something like a 5k charon butler who waits for you at the rail stations would be great, especially since the junkyard surprise nerf will mean more visits to the crafting benches.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
epeli Will anything be done about the house and the long walk/loading screens needed to get to it?

Something like a 5k charon butler who waits for you at the rail stations would be great, especially since the junkyard surprise nerf will mean more visits to the crafting benches.
Indeed Styg , the option to create a shortcut straight from the entrance of vault city to your house would be a great quality of life improvement.

ciox

Liturgist
Been ages since I last played but these updates are getting me hot. Is the old stealth, 'bow and trap build still reliable?

I played one this year and there haven't been any nerfs to xbows or traps since then, so I'm pretty sure it is.
Just make sure you have a good Cyclon for Tchort if you don't plan on doing the mutagen puzzle, because trying to snipe him quickly doesn't seem to work anymore, you'll need a good burst of elemental bolt criticals to take him out before the tentacles just whittle you down. (talking about Hard)

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
At one point in alpha, NPC level was also shown on their portrait. IIRC Styg removed that because it didn't reflect power of the NPCs very accurately, but I always thought it was a good way to estimate their overall power level. Imagine being level 10, going into Rail Crossing for the first time and seeing level 20 faceless group... you knew shit was about to get serious.
I prefer it a way Elex did it - less numbers, because such purely abstract thing as level is too gamey for my taste.

Morm

Novice
and replayability just got a whole lot better with hundreds of random events

can you write some of them in the wiki so we can get some idea what to expect?

Play the game and find out! :) Styg chose not to elaborate much on their mechanics and content, so I'll stick to that for now. Also, best random events are the ones you don't even realize are random events. Will eventually add something about them to the wiki. Still undecided how detailed it's going to be.

I have walked the entirety of Lower Underrail to fill the map and I don't think I've met one of theses events. But what are those anyway ? Special encounters ? New NPCs ? This is really intriguing.

Ent

Savant
The update couldn't have come at a better time. I saved right before I talked to newton.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

Indeed Styg , the option to create a shortcut straight from the entrance of vault city to your house would be a great quality of life improvement.

This. But on principle, the game should load the connecting areas to anticipate loading screens.

Lhynn

Arcane
Dominating is bad because no thought or effort was put into it. It was more styg just saying "here fuckwads, if the game was too easy choke on this".

epeli

Arcane
Hasn't styg revamped difficulty levels with the latest patch?
Yes, all four of them got the same attention. I recommend the new Hard if you were previously playing on that difficulty and found it became too easy from mid-game onwards. That's gotten better. Same also applies to Normal. Easy probably got even easier than it was.

DOMINATING isn't for everyone, but from what I've seen the hardcore players are absolutely loving it. Already saw someone complete it yesterday.

Dominating is bad because no thought or effort was put into it. It was more styg just saying "here fuckwads, if the game was too easy choke on this".
Well that is only halfway true. A lot of thought and effort probably went into making fuckwads miserable.

Last edited:

Ent

Savant
I just realized that I may have over invested in mechanics for my current build. Whats a good level to keep it at if you just want to get some infused leather stuff later in the game and not much more?

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I just realized that I may have over invested in mechanics for my current build. Whats a good level to keep it at if you just want to get some infused leather stuff later in the game and not much more?

Mechanics i guess would be something like 3/4 of tailoring, and in my last game i needed 151 tailoring for 158 quality supersteel and 67 quality siphoner skin.

Sykar

Arcane
Hasn't styg revamped difficulty levels with the latest patch?
Yes, all four of them got the same attention. I recommend the new Hard if you were previously playing on that difficulty and found it became too easy from mid-game onwards. That's gotten better. Same also applies to Normal. Easy probably got even easier than it was.

DOMINATING isn't for everyone, but from what I've seen the hardcore players are absolutely loving it. Already saw someone complete it yesterday.

Well that is only halfway true. A lot of thought and effort probably went into making fuckwads miserable.

Completing is not the problem. Fun is. Being forced to spam bear traps and molotov cocktails is hardly something I want to do on all my builds.

Pope Amole II i will try your build,though is this for dominating?

Just seeing this: Yes you need Kneecap shot. Yes you need caltrops and bear traps. You could even consider spending a few points into traps so you can use basic poisoned bear traps.

Also Uncanny Dodge is vital and should be gotten at level 6 or 8 seeing how you fall to melee regularly. Evasive Maneuvers can be gotten as well which has great synergy with Sprint in situations where you cannot get around a corner.

I think that this might work better:
http://underrail.info.tm/build/?GQMDCAMKAxDChwAAAMKHwofCh0EAAC1aWgBaWgAAAAAARgEpwpoeOUEPWjNLKAIxGw

Pope Amole II i will try your build,though is this for dominating?

Dominating is shit, why would you ever wish to play it?

At the moment only to tell Styg that it is "shit".

Last edited:

ciox

Liturgist
I think speedhack can make combat hang indefinitely sometimes if you fuck with the speeds too much, but it's a rare occurence.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom