Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
What's the score, Styg ?

It's been a while, man. Is a 2017 release even likely at this point? November release? ;=)

ciox

Liturgist
What's the score, Styg ?

It's been a while, man. Is a 2017 release even likely at this point? November release? ;=)
Yes.

For the patch.

At least I hope so, there's some fixed stuff in the patch that I want to use.

epeli

Arcane
You can always assume a new patch is on its way until Styg specifically says Underrail is done, which I don't see happening any time soon. And just because they're working on an expansion doesn't mean they're neglecting the base game! No no no.

I don't know whether the base game gets a patch before the expansion release (I'm guessing not) or simultaneously. The expansion obviously comes with a truckload of new feats - everything for the new playstyles, veteran feats and some new general feats. The base game won't be getting major feat additions like that, but maybe a little something. So yeah, just like the last patch.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
What's the score, Styg ?

There are some changes being made to the base game, at the moment (more about that in the next dev log), and some time after that we're probably going to release the new updated on the experimental branch.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
With int 5 and junkyard surprise crafting is good,but I wanted to know if the heavy armor pure puncher is sustainable or not especially compared to a dodge/evasion Dex puncher.
Didn't tried this, but I think Dex\stealth\evasion-based is better. In heavy armor buld you can not use Lightning Punches.

My personal problem with RPGs is once I find/experience fun with a build I tend to always fall back on that. Having said that, I loved playing a speedy Knife dude in Underrail. Which are some other fun builds to get me out of my comfort zone?
Yeah, that's my case too. Also it's not about comfort zonem its mostly about build's archtypes I like or don't like to play.
For Underrail, I have found many build I like to try.
I tend to avoid all grenades, all SMG, assault and sniper rifle builds, and all armoured one.
The rest - psi, fist melee, crossbow, pistol, even fucking sledgehammer was satisfactory with low Con\high stealth build.

I hate searching for sound effects, man, I'd rather work on just about anything else in the game, and lucky for me, there's plenty. ;)
I once searched for sound effects for my buddy - man, this was a massive pain in the ass, I was panicking and got symptoms panic attack lol.

Im itching for new playthrough but on the other hand im waiting for the expansion.
Don't wait, you can play 2-3 times before expansion will be released.

razvedchiki

Erudite
You can get lighting punches by using nimble,armor sloping and a trichrome armor without added plates.
But overall as you said Dex puncher build is much more feasible,I just wanted to use the power fist with a metal armor ala fallout.

Jazz_

Arcane
What level is more or less ideal to play the expansion? I'm level 15 right now, if my level is in the ballpark required for the expansion I might wait for the expansion, levelling right now is a pain because I don't fancy most of the quests I have left.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah, I have exact question too.
Also, I think when expansion will be released you would better start anew, because of a changes in merchants assortment.

Zenith

Arbiter
Pretty sure I'm gonna hit 25 before deep caverns, so there's that as well.

Tygrende

Arbiter

Vorark

Erudite
All this talk about tweaked base game, will stuff like Gorsky's sidequest be further elaborated? It ended pretty abruptly from what I remember.

Zenith

Arbiter
QmwhWXE.png
HqkRSSY.jpg
All this talk about tweaked base game, will stuff like Gorsky's sidequest be further elaborated? It ended pretty abruptly from what I remember.
If that's abruptly, I dunno what the JKK questline ending is. Not that I expect any tweaks, most I hope for is for two-headed mutants to actually appear anywhere.

ciox

Liturgist
I think two-headed mutants have a small chance of appearing anywhere there is a mutie pack, what I saw with my own eyes:
- it can spawn as early as the first mutant pack in Depot A, or not at all in a full run
- if you don't seize the chance to take it out fast, it can even vanish in some weird way, like it goes away if you leave the area to escape combat and return, or take too long to kill it in a big fight, something like that

Black Angel

Arcane
Well, Expedition becomes available during the mid-game ; considering you can't leveling past level 25 in the base game, 15 should be fine.
Max level is increased, and you can level up past lv. 25 with the expansion. I forgot what's the new max level, though, and you can't increase skills and take feats like usual and, instead, be given a new list of 'Veteran' feats when leveling past lv. 25.

That, also what Zenith said about the JKK's questline (my sweet, poor Vivian!), and I'd like to address some really annoying fact that the game wouldn't really acknowledge some of your actions. The worst offender, I will say, that even if you wipe out the Ironheads, they will still attack Rail Crossing. Hell, even though you also happened to do the sidequest that would disable the plasma sentry near Buzzer's shop AND save Buzzer, it's like those plasma sentries doesn't make any difference despite they have been repurposed by Buzzer to protect his shop. There's no implication that Buzzer wouldn't help Rail Crossing, and in fact I'd say he owed his life to mayor Captain Herve, so there's no reason he wouldn't have the plasma sentries helped in Rail Crossing's defense.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom