Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

ciox

Liturgist
There's a ton of maps linked on the wiki, but I think it's more fun and less stressful to just use Speedhack and zip around anyway rather than trying to use a map or remember exactly where to go.

Zenith

Arbiter
You can zip around without any hacks, just enter turn-based mode and cross most of the distance between cell transitions in a blink of an eye (assuming high enough movement pts). However, I'm an OCD completionist and don't want to miss any locations, and mapped all that spaghetti once already. Like I said, would prefer to avoid hassle.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
So, has anyone made an actually useful map yet? Planning a replay and want to just print shit out and avoid hassle. Ideally it would be separated into areas, like "SGS pre-TNT", "West/East/North of SGS", "Caves" and not be overstuffed with descriptions.
3D map on the wiki or the one by ghostdog are cool looking and all, but completely unusable.
Well, you could delete the text from the excel sheets and then add it yourself as you explore.

Zenith

Arbiter
They're cool to look at as well, and I'm starting out using them, but interiors/underpassages/etc aren't there, and the long dotted lines aren't gonna help you understand what's nearby. (I get that I come off as nitpicky, was just wondering if there is anything besides the wiki ones)
Quite an effort though, the pixel maps, totally gets my full respect.

epeli

Arcane
Indeed, it's best to forgo the notion of using a map. It's easy to keep a slightly abstract picture of the areas and their connections in your head, but mapping them in a precise manner may actually make the whole a bit harder to comprehend.

What exactly do you want from your map Zenith? All halfway decent and public player-made maps that I know of are in the wiki. But none of them are complete for the current game, so they won't serve those completionist needs.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
The only map i've needed was for DC mushroom room before all the patches.The rest i've memorized, but i wouldn't mind some map scribing in next installment, that would update as you enter new location.

razvedchiki

Erudite
Would a knife build be viable against blobs of enemies in hard?
I will be using an electro dagger or knife,Balaklava,siphoner tabis/armor.
For feats I'm thinking about sprint/reckless/nimble/cheap shots/ripper/cut throat/critical power/taste for blood.
Skills will be melee,stealth,Lock picking,hacking,evasion,dodge,mechanics.later I will put points to tailoring/electronics

My strategy will be to kill with cut throat a patrol,reposition to use cut throat again and then stabb the rest of the mobs.

I'm gonna pump Dex to 15 ,agility to 9 intelligence to 7 will to 5 and str and con to 3.

Some questions
-does it worth it the time to steal stuff from the stations?
- also does pickpocketing worth the skill points to invest in terms of money you get?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Would a knife build be viable against blobs of enemies in hard?.
Sure.

don't diss the fist weapons. I also started mainly with electro knife, but the pneumatic bladed gloves ended up being better as the game progressed. A critical hit AND stun every four hits is amazing to have.

For feats I'm thinking about sprint/reckless/nimble/cheap shots/ripper/cut throat/critical power/taste for blood.
Don't forget "expose weakness" which is great against bots and armored enemies.

My strategy will be to kill with cut throat a patrol,reposition to use cut throat again and then stabb the rest of the mobs.
I don't know if cut-throat has been revamped recently, but as it was it's not worth it IMO, especially at the time you can get it. Aside form the fact that it can only be performed from behind while in stealth, it will also eat almost all of your AP so that means you cannot easily go back to hiding and come back. I'd advise you to keep a save and try it out a bit before committing it to your build.

does it worth it the time to steal stuff from the stations?
What exactly are you talking about? Lockpicking is a good skill if that's what you're asking.

also does pickpocketing worth the skill points to invest in terms of money you get?
I don't think it's as good as lockpicking or hacking, but it's not a shitty skill either. You'll be getting truckloads of stims/drugs (which also sell for good money) and some special items that you can only get with this skill.

hilfazer

Scholar
By stealing in stations I mean breaking into homes and warehouses.
What's special stuff I can get with pickpocket?
Some Oditties.
Pickpocket mostly gets you bullets. There some money to be made that way but it's not like $$ is hard to get in UR. PS: bullets are best sold in general stores (Foundry, Core City) - it's hard to get their charons with other stuff.

And drop that Sprint, replace it with Fancy Footwork. It will be 10 times better for you.

razvedchiki

Erudite
the thing about fancy footwork is that i dont really know how effective the knife will be in killing,i will have like 8-10 attacks with with max dex and adrenaline but what good would that be if i need all of them for 1 guy?

Parabalus

Arcane
the thing about fancy footwork is that i dont really know how effective the knife will be in killing,i will have like 8-10 attacks with with max dex and adrenaline but what good would that be if i need all of them for 1 guy?

You can likely drop both FF and Sprint since with no/low armor penalty and tabi boots you will have a shitton of MP. I'd go with FF myself if you want one, both seems overkill.

You will likely need 3-5 regular attacks or 1-2 crits to gib something with knives.

Why AGI 9 tho? Either 8(Uncanny) or 10 (Blitz) seem like a better decision.

don't diss the fist weapons. I also started mainly with electro knife, but the pneumatic bladed gloves ended up being better as the game progressed. A critical hit AND stun every four hits is amazing to have. .

Had the same experience as you, fist weapons are better than knives in every way, speaking from starting with a knife "build" (they share 90% feats with fists) and switching. Knife relies on crits and it's sorta wishy washy equal while building up feats, but later fists have access to much higher quality thanks to leather infusion which makes knives look impotent.

I don't know if cut-throat has been revamped recently, but as it was it's not worth it IMO, especially at the time you can get it. Aside form the fact that it can only be performed from behind while in stealth, it will also eat almost all of your AP so that means you cannot easily go back to hiding and come back. I'd advise you to keep a save and try it out a bit before committing it to your build.

Cut-throat is the one thing knives have going for them, since it's an insta-gib on heavily armored (metal armor Protectorate) at level 10, at which point you don't have enough to punch/stab through normally. You can use it just as well in a (light) fist build.

also does pickpocketing worth the skill points to invest in terms of money you get?
I think the consensus is that it's the weaker than hacking/lockpicking, but with high DEX you can easily fit it in.

You can use underrail.info.tm to plan stuff out.

hilfazer

Scholar
It's hard to have too many MPs as melee. You need them not only for approaching your enemies but also for fleeing like a scrub tactical retreats. Blitz is good but, unless it got changed, it converts ALL of your MPs into APs, even if you have more than 60. It means you will have 0 MP after you use it and FF can be really helpful here.

Zenith

Arbiter
Meh, fuck it, couldn't resist.
Ak7W1hF.jpg

razvedchiki

Erudite
Guys can you make a pure heavy armor unarmed build(power fist) work?
I have been theory crafting it the past days but it just doesnt seem to work!

For stats I'm thinking
Strength 10 and put points on it in each lvl up.
Dex 10,cause with lighting punches and tabi I can strike 5 times and 7 with adrenaline
Agi 6 for sprint or I won't be able to move.
Con 3
Per 3
Int 5
Will 3

The thing is that i will have too low health on hard and won't punch as much as with a light armor puncher build,does the bigger DMG of the steel gloves/power fist worth the difference in punch numbers?

ciox

Liturgist
I haven't tried a melee build yet (after almost 3 full runs!) but maybe dump intelligence and get 5 con? Crafting will be impacted but I assume you'll only need tailoring and electronics, they will progress very slowly but you should still be able to craft what you need, Skinner feat can also help with making better tabi boots out of lower quality leather so you don't need such high crafting skills, same with Power Management for shields..

razvedchiki

Erudite
I will also need to craft heavy armor so mechanics is in and another 40 points in biology to make my own adrenaline,getting int to 3 for 2 con doesn't worth it in my eyes.
Seems it would be better to roll a sledgehammer build instead,with 10 con plus thick skull,conditioning,lifting belt,and a well crafted super steel armor I will be quite tanky:o

ciox

Liturgist
Yeah I dunno, I can tell you that you can steal and buy all the adrenaline you need though, almost every single thug in Junkyard carries a syringe, and pickpocketing is boosted by dexterity which you have at 10, while Heidi in Core City sells them for cheap, I only get low amounts of biology for Focus Stim at 50 which is truly hard to get.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hey Styg, I have a small polish-related suggestion.
How about giving melee weapons some additional "Hit" sounds? I always felt it was super weird how super beefed-up power fists would make the same lame "Thump" that a normal leather fighting glove does.

Maybe make it dependant on the damage recieved or something? I wanna hear a nice "Squelch"!

Inf0mercial

Augur
Gaius maximus Two things you will need to put 2 point into intel to 7 so you can maximise your shield and your armour later on and 50 bio seems to be best it lets you make Taurine which lets you make focus stim which is amazing,
Increases critical chance with weapons, unarmed combat and psionics by 15%.
(AP: 10)

I tend to use it with SMG and Assault rifle builds, but if your going for punchy character you should have enough hits in a round to make it worth while, with high dex i would actually spec even mor einto bio as a lot of the higher stuff needs fishing which is governed by dex you can make some crazy shit later on like irongut and aegis.

Like you can try not int 7 but i can tell you your going to be stuck on shit armour for longer or bleeding cash like mad.

razvedchiki

Erudite
With int 5 and junkyard surprise crafting is good,but I wanted to know if the heavy armor pure puncher is sustainable or not especially compared to a dodge/evasion Dex puncher.

Inf0mercial

Augur
With int 5 and junkyard surprise crafting is good,but I wanted to know if the heavy armor pure puncher is sustainable or not especially compared to a dodge/evasion Dex puncher.

Eh, most areas you should be fine, its really the Shield that you create that's going to sustain you i would go super low speed try to let bullets slide through and ding off armour.

Healing vest will help you, really late game it can work its early game where your scrambling for iron plates that might be a pain, thug you kill to get to jack for his first quest has a sledge you can deconstruct combined with some shit plates and metal armour schematic all you need to do is finish outpost quest to get some armour then go back for that underground place.

It also comes down to places like Lunatic mall that i have no idea if you will survive, those Psi guys may just fuck you, maybe spec into throwing? You would need chemistry to make it worth while.

Your biggest issue is going to be enemies will have a round or two to unload on you before you close so yeah nades seem to be your best bet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom