Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
What exactly is the problem of all the lockpick stuff?

I "failed" in that many checks in that area require having 10 dexterity and/or more levels than I had.

Tigranes

Arcane
Anyone who maxes dex and lockpick should have no troubles. I can't remember if you get the switchblade by then? (+7 Lockpick)

Sòren

Arcane
oh gawd i started another playthrough a few months ago and finally wanted to finish Jack Quicksilver's questline. Just realized that i failed to choose the diplomatic path in everard's assignment (which i had no idea existed). fuck you styx, another ~6 hours of gameplay into the trashcan.

and: is it possible that there might be some bug concerning the gauntlet when patching the game up? i have defeated all the opponents in the arena except carnifex and i still can't apply.

Latelistener

Arcane
oh gawd i started another playthrough a few months ago and finally wanted to finish Jack Quicksilver's questline. Just realized that i failed to choose the diplomatic path in everard's assignment (which i had no idea existed).
:troll:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Progress update:

The battery factory puzzle was obnoxious and the terrible controls made it so much worse.

Camp Hathor was pretty fun though. Laughed twice: first when I noticed that wearing the Rathound King armor made all rathounds friendly, second when wearing it to Camp Hathor made them shoot me on sight.

Rail Crossing was fun to sneak through, didn't get into a single combat encounter.

The Foundry was a mixed bag. Dealing with a slasher villain was fun, but all the backtracking (and between two different hubs even) was infuriating. I liked the payoff though.

Now it's Core City time. It's my understanding this is the penultimate area, so unless it does something really terrible, looks like I'm here through the dreaded caverns.

Unwanted

golgo21

Unwanted
Shitposter
The battery factory puzzle was obnoxious and the terrible controls made it so much worse.

i only did that quest once in my first playthrough,it doesnt worth it for 1 oddity point to have your balls busted for half an hour of pointless random clicking.

Sykar

Arcane
Progress update:

What was so terrible about the controls? You can literally bind them to hotkeys, press hotkey for use -> robot runs towards panel without any risks whatsoever. Solved the puzzle in 5 minutes or less and it broke the mold from the usual.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
What was so terrible about the controls? You can literally bind them to hotkeys, press hotkey for use -> robot runs towards panel without any risks whatsoever. Solved the puzzle in 5 minutes or less and it broke the mold from the usual.

You can bind the controls to a hotkey sure, but you still have to go back and forth between move and use.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Much ado about nothing (c)
I can't say this about that puzzle - I liked it.

I draw a map, because chain of caves near Hanged Rat bar and underground complex with mutagen driving me crazy.
And then they connect with corridors near Foundry errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Tigranes

Arcane
The battery factory thing isn't really a puzzle, because usually there's only one switch you can possibly click on. Only a braindead person - or someone who got horribly lost with a weird misclick early on - would have to actually try.

Of course, without speedhack, it takes a million years. And I suppose if it was a real puzzle where you could fail, then yes, the controls is less than optimal.

In other words: no choice, no thinking, no nothing, just makework.

Sykar

Arcane

You can bind the controls to a hotkey sure, but you still have to go back and forth between move and use.

No, you can just push the hotkey for "use" on the panel and the robot moves itself via the shortest route.

Black Angel

Arcane
Damn, this game finally have some reactivity.
With the outposts now re-occupied properly, if you let M'lan Rantula live, you can have a conversation with him regarding the new situation he have to deal with. I'm curious to see where it would end with the choices available, although he may not had the luxury of an ending slide for him.
It's unfortunate with how Deep Caverns was designed. There's not many people who gets to see the ending slides.... guess I'll find out myself. I've always put my saves evenly distributed throughout the game, so I don't have to worry finishing a playthrough before the expansion finally roll in.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
No, you can just push the hotkey for "use" on the panel and the robot moves itself via the shortest route.

That works when you've cleared all the fog, but not before.

If you only needed to use "use" then the very existence of "move" would be pointless.

marux

Augur
or the carnifex:)
Fighting carnifex, and finishing him after many tries was so worth it. First playthrough it felt almost as good, as killing tchort.

I have the feeling this game will be exactly like fallout for me - mandatory replay every few years. Reading all the comments makes me want to finish (or replay if my save is incompatible) my pistol/throwingknife build -> hopefully it's still playable. I finished about 3/4 of the game in a previous patch, no problem.

M66BEDf.png
3WB1XYv.png

Black Angel

Arcane
I don't know if it's due to the new patches, I certainly don't remember it from my very first playthrough, but
Ol' Jonas finally get to spill his story in Deep Caverns
:incline:

trrz

Barely Literate
Factory puzzle - you can assign two hotkeys, one for move, another for use.

Backtracking - it is annoying, speed-up helps tremendously (I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone)

Gauntlet is one of the most fun parts of the game after you reach a certain point. But I would advise to look up the wiki page if you are struggling

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
http://steamcommunity.com/games/250520/announcements/detail/254854514751560945
Hi guys. In the past few months we've been working (and we're still working) on a couple of major features for the expansion, but we didn't want to show any of them before they were ready. First of these that are now done are the new weapons, so without further ado I give you the three new weapon types - the spear, the machete and the shotgun.

SpearAttack.gif
MacheteAttack.gif
shotgun.gif

The choice of spear and machete as new weapons was mostly thematic (you will learn why in some later dev log), but these weapons will also have their own place in the melee arsenal. Spears are meant to be versatile offensive and defensive weapons, while machetes are meant to be high risk-high reward weapons that will rely on the user keeping up the offensive. More on the exact mechanics of this will be revealed later when I get to implementing their specific feats. There are two types of machetes that differ slight in critical chance/damage stats.

ExpWeapon1.PNG
ExpWeapon2.PNG
ExpWeapon3.PNG

Now the interesting one of the bunch is the shotgun. I say this because the mechanics of the shotgun are unlike anything else that we had in the game so far when it comes to weapons. When a shotgun is fired it launches a number of pellets that may hit the intended target, some other target in the attack cone or might miss completely. So the chance to hit with the shotgun is not so much indicative of weather or not you'll inflict damage on the enemy, but how much of the damage you launch their way is going to land on the primary target.

CombatShotgun.gif

I'm going to give you some random shotgun stats below, but keep in mind that this has not be properly balance tested and that before we get a chance to play around with this new weapon a bit it's hard to gauge it's effectiveness and what the numbers should be in order for it to fit into the role intended for it. There is a lot of factors that come into play here depending on the situation and it will take some time to make sure they perform as expected at different ranges (medium, close and point blank) and against different enemies (low armor/high armor). By the way, pay attention to the interaction with the different ammo types when considering the raw damage stat.

ExpWeapon4.PNG
ExpWeapon5.PNG

ShotgunShell1.PNG
ShotgunShell2.PNG
ShotgunShell3.PNG

I've also implemented the ability for weapons (and gear in general) to grant you special attacks and abilities so expect more of that in the future.

The process of adding these new weapons took a long time because we had to change the way we handled animations of all the different human models and it required a lot of manual labor to get things in order. However, now that we have done this, it will allow us to add more new weapons in the future (not in this DLC, though), to which we are rather looking forward to. I'm not gonna lie, we already know what weapons we want to add in the future, so just keep that in mind when you're posting your wishes.

Anyway, let us know what you think of the new weapons.

This is amazing! One of the things that I can't get enough of are special attack types. This all sounds fantastic.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So, let's speculate!

The choice of spear and machete as new weapons was mostly thematic (you will learn why in some later dev log)
From the sound of things, we're gonna come across some "Tribal" folk, like in FO2.
Wonder how that'll tie into the plot. Some people who were isolated on an underground island or something?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom