Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
So, about the fonts... I don't think that this game is supposed to be moddable but it's actually possible to replace fonts.

All fonts are located within /Underrail/Data/Fonts folder and they use default XNA SpriteFont format. So it's possible to generate a custom one using some XNA tools and use it to replace all default ones. It screws UI though.

As a proof of concept I generated a font based on standard Consolas and replaced some default fonts in my game (screens below):
Y56wB1j.png

EomZSwy.jpg

aQ6TF0C.png
If anyone wants to use it:
  1. Just in case make backup of the /Underrail/Data/Fonts folder
  2. Download archive with the custom fonts from here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21381676/CustomFonts.zip
  3. Unpack downloaded archive in the folder with the fonts and confirm replacements
  4. Run the game

Already better than the default :salute:
Holy shit k-t, this along with the speedhack would actually make the game playable for me.

Modders actually fixed it.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Why does nobody use energy/chem guns, do they suck?
Who said that nobody used them?
Also they need heavy investment in Chemistry, it's true.
Also "energy pistols suck" sounds like a joke.
Plasma can get 350%-400% crit damage I believe, I think you know what it mean.

SniperHF

Arcane
Ran into this guy Joe De Pacino. Guess he's part of another quest that I won't get since I went coretech. Any reason not to kill him anyway?

Cortex_Reaver

Novice
Speaking of cooldowns and combat balance. Why is the number of MP and AP that everybody gets so freaking huge? Why isn't the game balanced more like Fallout when everybody can perform only 1-2 actions per turn? It's as if the cooldowns were put in place to imitate the the action scarcity of the fallout system.

This is a purely theoretical question, people actually upset about cool downs need to go outside and get laid.

circ

Arcane
It was fun to kill the 'unkillable' in ToEE, like that I-guy. Can you kill Six in Underrail? I noticed he's immune to every (?) form of damage? So completely unkillable?

Lord Andre

Arcane
Hey who's autistic enough to have figured out whats the best caliber for an assault rifle?

IMO, 9mm ain't worth it if it puts you over 15 AP. There are many times when squeezing in a single shot is useful and you have only 15 AP left on the turn. Same reason why the bipod sucks.

As far as enhancements go, +2 burst and smart module seem the best.

Do Burst count as a special attack boosted by the smart module and smart goggles? I always assumed it didn't and special attacks don't seem that useful for Assault Rifles as they are for snipers and pistols. Best to add a muzzle brake and a scope(either digital or anatomically aware depending on your crit chances and feats) for assault rifles and a smart module and a scope(same as before) for sniper rifles.

From my empirical experience it seems to count, and google shows some threads on the official forum from early access that say the same. Maybe epeli could confirm ?

Gord

Arcane
It just seems underleveled - I'm in Depot A now and I'm almost level 10 (will probably hit it either by the end or definitely when I finish the gang quests).

Hm, what am I supposed to do before Depot A to reach such high levels?
I can enter Depot A now but I'm only level 6. As far as I can tell, I've explored most of the areas accessible to me that are doable at my level.

Did I miss something obvious?

ArchAngel

Arcane
It just seems underleveled - I'm in Depot A now and I'm almost level 10 (will probably hit it either by the end or definitely when I finish the gang quests).

I can enter Depot A now but I'm only level 6. As far as I can tell, I've explored most of the areas accessible to me that are doable at my level.

Lot more is doable if use mines and grenades. I was level 7, close to lvl 8 when I went into Depot A. Came out half way to lvl 10.

marux

Augur
On Carnifex:

I simply won by surviving the first round and burst firing him to death in the second round. Not particularly complicated.

AP bullets, focus stim and a HORNET FRAME (thanks RNG god!) helped.

And Blaine is right. That guy is a blatant cheater.
Yeah... but it's okay.

Wonder how my fister will do against him.

mine did just fine once i was able to survive the first round (i got traps though)

circ

Arcane

Did you do quests for BOTH factions? Scrappers and Black Eels? Scrappers gives about 3k total, Eels about 2k. Eels is overall easier unless you can put down the damage because you gotta one round one guy for Scrappers unless you have high sneak and pickpocket. Also always kill people before doing level gaining quests as you get less xp for NPC's the higher you are. Did you deliver papers to embassy in Junkyard? Did you get the Lucky Knife for that one hobo outside embassy? Did you kill the clowns stopping you before embassy? Also some fisherman has a fishing quest there but I've never done it, doubt it's huge xp. There's also another fishing quest there for the food place owner - not done that either. Oddity system is ass, I just kill everything.

marux

Augur
Aslo I want to ask epeli - I got Hunter feat, but after that my damage didn't changed in inventory, and in combat statistic screen on C.
Is it a bug, or this feat worked like this?

I suppose it's ok. Why should it show up on character sheet, when it's just against critters? (not all units)

Lhynn

Arcane

Do quests for scrappers and black heels, do lucky knife quest, and im guessing youve done all extra objectives from quests that came before. you can find 1 x2 oddity killing a couple hoppers.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Also always kill people before doing level gaining quests as you get less xp for NPC's the higher you are.
That's one of the reason I spit on classic exp...

I suppose it's ok. Why should it show up on character sheet, when it's just against critters? (not all units)
You mean, um, hoppers and the like?
If yes I see.

Also I can definitely say that before you get TNT, you can get 10-11 lvl depending on oddity drop from siphoners, dogs, and hogs.

bati

Scholar
Did anyone else notice a reduction in oddity droprate from critters, at least early into the game? I've ran a few characters up to Junkyard and haven't found a single psi beetle or cavehopper (killed about 40) oddity. My latest character is about to enter Junkyard and I'm at 0/3 rat oddities :M

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I just started exploring Core city.
This is interesting! I am being drawn in like you wouldn't believe. I like chatting around with all the weird people there. And the entire Chort storyline seems very interesting. I can already guess he'll be the final boss or something? No spoilers!

Wearing the Rathound Regalia pacifies rathounds. I repeat, the Rathound Regalia pacifies rathounds.
It also makes camp Hathor shoot you on sight. :P

SniperHF

Arcane
Defending Coretech warehouse fight was fun. Those snipers cut right through my shield.

:incline:

Though your friendly AIs are kinda retarded, they kept walking into my caltrops :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom