Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I really don't like how after every quest I have to go through the dull routine of selling select crap to multiple merchants and buying ever-so-slightly-better weapon/armor replacements.
Well, you don't have to sell all crap, I'll give you a tip - if you have enough skills in Mechanics, Electronics and Tailoring you can buy blueprint for disassembling many items to scrap bits.
From these scrap bits you can assemble repair kits an big repair kits, which weight less and sells for decent credits.
Basically I always scrap melee weapon and especially sledgehammers, and in general all gear that cost less then 2-3 K in unrepaired condition.
Also you can use these RK you made for repairing gear and sell it for more credits.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Well, you don't have to sell all crap, I'll give you a tip - if you have enough skills in Mechanics, Electronics and Tailoring you can buy blueprint for disassembling many items to scrap bits.
From these scrap bits you can assemble repair kits an big repair kits, which weight less and sells for decent credits.
Basically I always scrap melee weapon and especially sledgehammers, and in general all gear that cost less then 2-3 K in unrepaired condition.
Also you can use these RK you made for repairing gear and sell it for more credits.

I don't want to put points into crafting. :|

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I liked the buy-sell-mission loop. Some people might look at it as busywork, but I feel it makes the world feel more like a.. well, "world", than a set of missions.

Same reason I liked the first DaS, where you couldn't just teleport everywhere willy-nilly (at least until the end)

Unwanted

golgo21

Unwanted
Shitposter
is it possible to fit evasion/dodge into a sniper build,im planning to use this one with a few alterations

Latelistener

Arcane
GMS Compound was the first area I liked.
It's practically the first mission in the game, so you may be in good hands after all.

wWmc.gif

bati

Scholar

Crafting is very nice, depends on your build though. Most benefit in some way since it's hard to find the right combination of mods for your chosen death dispenser. Ie, a smg is made of the following pieces - frame, barrel and two enhancement slots (optics, rapid reloader, etc) and finding the right combo with good quality components to boot is very rare. I don't think it's a stretch if I say that you'd easily get 50% more of out your death dispenser by crafting it yourself rather than relying on rng. It's hard to get that much gain through other stats.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Then just leave heavy and cheap items where they are, and later in the game all items that cost less then 2-3 K.
Or if you can't stand to leave anything on the floor like me, you need those skills.

I liked the buy-sell-mission loop.
Basically when I do trade run - SGS-Junkyard-Rail Crossing-Foundry after that pass almost same time that need to restock traders. Add raid to new map to kill and loot, and traders surely will restocks.

Tigranes

Arcane
If you want to pick everything up, go on trade runs, etc, you can - but Underrail also works out just fine if you upgrade your weapon only 5 or 6 times during a playthrough, leave 70% of the heavy junk you find lying around, etc. In my experience most builds are swimming in ten times the money you need (unless you throw it away on your house) after somewhere around Core City, so it just doesn't make any sense to sit around carrying every bloody gun you find to sell it off if you don't enjoy it. It might be more optimal to carry around 4 different Sniper rifles and constantly upgrade them every time you can craft a slightly better one, but again, if you don't fancy that, it's easy enough to snipe your way through a Hard game and have fun while only making upgrades when you see a substantial jump.

Unwanted

golgo21

Unwanted
Shitposter
i will repost my earlier post cause it was caught in the moderation que and was forgotten

is it possible to fit evasion/dodge into a sniper build,im planning to use this one with a few alterations

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer

It's possible - I think the best skills to lose would be traps (if you stand & fight, you don't need them as much; and high perception will mean you have no problems with spotting them anyways) and electronics (it's more of a luxury skill here).

Unwanted

golgo21

Unwanted
Shitposter
i was thinking of droping the traps but i need electonics to craft advanced EMP grenades.
I like your videos by the way:salute:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Didn't quite like Depot A as much. A lot of backtracking and trial-and-error to see which enemies I had to kill to get the plot coupons I needed to get the big coupon. Experienced another :balance: sting when I discovered that I can't just shoot and pop into a vent to escape combat. It works fine for mines though. :M

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
On release Depot A was a sort of a test for your build, whether it is viable or not, but a lot of people complained about mutants, so Styg nerfed them. +M

Making combat harder wouldn't have improved my impressions of the area since the difficulty didn't bother me.

I guess my build passed but I wasn't able to hack a single terminal, I had to use several mark 2 lockpicks, and I ran into several locks I couldn't pick (most irritating, the level 75 doors on top of the place where I needed to be, which required me to go back to find the key to that area).

trrz

Barely Literate
Found a bug with the Free Drones quest (mild spoiler to the FD questline ahead)

1) launch the final mission ("go meet 4 guys in front of the SRO")
2) go do the whole spy revealing thing (find the girl, kill the bad guy)
3) complete the assault
4) return to the FD base, report
5) unknown (**te, I assume) joins the dialogue saying "too bad the spy hasn't been revealed" http://imgur.com/a/pSHhS

I will now probably get a lackluster FD ending. Oh well...

Styg, is this a known issue? Any way to resolve this? Don't have a save before the initiation of the final mission...

Tigranes

Arcane
On release Depot A was a sort of a test for your build, whether it is viable or not, but a lot of people complained about mutants, so Styg nerfed them. +M

Making combat harder wouldn't have improved my impressions of the area since the difficulty didn't bother me.

I guess my build passed but I wasn't able to hack a single terminal, I had to use several mark 2 lockpicks, and I ran into several locks I couldn't pick (most irritating, the level 75 doors on top of the place where I needed to be, which required me to go back to find the key to that area).

What exactly is the problem of all the lockpick stuff?

Unwanted

golgo21

Unwanted
Shitposter
So guys is it worth it to start a new play through or wait for the new content?

Jinn

Arcane
So guys is it worth it to start a new play through or wait for the new content?

If I recall correctly, you're going to be able to enter the expansion around midgame sometime. I'm working my way to Core City right now, at which point I will wait and hope the new content is triggered around that area.

Unwanted

golgo21

Unwanted
Shitposter
the thing is,styg is rather vague about the release date,he is been teasing the expansion since last summer and i have been waiting since then to play :cry:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom