Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

epeli

Arcane
ghostdog I ended up having to abandon my Hard "talker" playthrough in the GMS Warehouse. Those fucking sentry robots legitimately broke me and I hadn't the real life strength / willpower to overcome them.

Think I may just play again on Hard as a stealthy crossbow-traps guy, that was definitely my favourite playstyle. Was great to dive back into Underrail after a six month hiatus, though. I still love the OST and the atmosphere.
was it a psi talker, like epeli suggested?

Hope you didn't delete the save yet! If your willpower isn't up for a fair fight, you can cheese the wheeled bots with premeditated telekinetic punches and any door. They can't open doors.

Any suggestion about what should I buy/get at the start of the game? I'm doing the first quest (the generators one) and already the first rathounds kick my ass, especially in that narrow area after the initial easy encounters where stealth is useless and there 3-4 of them ganking up on you. I'm using a pistol, and I have a rathound leather armor on (pretty much the only thing I could afford from the guy in the armory). What's the most cost-effective way to heal yourself in this game?

Try a frag grenade. Even if you haven't got any throwing skill, they still do the same damage. Just throw it far away enough to avoid accidentally killing yourself. As a bonus, rathounds are afraid of fire - be it from explosions, thrown flares or any other source. If you want to save some pennies in the early game, you can go back to the SGS doctor for free heals, but money and healing items aren't a problem past the very early game.

Snufkin

Augur
My crossbow build:

3/7/3/10/14/3/6

Aimed shot
Marksman
Thick Skull
Quick tinkering
Snipe
Special tactics
Concussive shots
Opportunist
Critical power
Elemental bolts
Deadly snares
Pack Rathound
Sharpshooter
Kneecap shot

Max Crossbows, dodge/evasion/stealth. Enough crafting for best desired equpiment. 25 traps is minimum for quick tinkering, so remaining points should go to lockpicking and hacking.

This build wont be too good until you reach lvl 7 and craft your first real crossbow.

Snufkin

Augur
Here is full metal armor build for those who dont like stealth/evasion/dodge route:

8/3/3/10/10/3/3

L 01 - Conditioning
L 01 - Thick Skull
L 02 - Survival Instincts
L 04 - Juggernaut
L 06 - Full Auto
L 08 - Premeditation
L 10 - Concentrated Fire
L 12 - Recklessness
L 14 - Commando
L 16 - Critical Power
L 18 - Opportunist
L 20 - Last stand
L 22 - Fast Metabolism
L 24 - Doctor

Make two assault rifles, one fast for single shots (horneta) , other strong for bursts (chimera). Craft best metal armor/boots you can, use lifting belt or bulletstrap belt. You can use helmet too, since your dmg will be high. Premeditated electrokinesis allows you you to beat strongest enemies like Carnifex.

3 int is only weakness here. With 7+ junkyard surprise you can craft even 100+quality rifles at lvl 12. Here is not possible until later.

Jazz_

Arcane
I'm having a blast so far with Underrail, I'm still quite early in the game (I'm looking for missing Newton right now) but damn, it delivers. Is it true that it was basicly made by a couple of guys or something? Impressive.

Ah, by the way, is stealth worth investing in? Because I have quite a few points in it but the mobs always spot me when I'm in stealth, even from a far, can you avoid fighting them altogether if you invest heavily in it or I should focus my points on something else?

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
It's worth it, but you have to invest a decent amount of points into it, and wear gear with +stealth.

Remember lighting and the direction of facing also counts.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
And you really don't need THAT much unless you are melee. It's a worthy investment if you are going to wear light armor.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Looking forward to a new content patch. Hope it's comin' soon.

Might even warrant a new playthrough

Wulfstand

Prophet
Damn what a good game. Took me long enough to muster the want to get through it. Played as a psyonic, courtesy of Pope Amole II's build. A real treat of a game, and a fun build. Are there any expansions/sequels planned for it? What i wouldn't give for a higher budget sequel.

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm on probably my fouth, maybe fifth, playthrough of this game and I've always been put off by DC.

Decided last night I was just going to do it and make sure I finish at least one full playthrough.

Kind of kicking myself for not doing it earlier; the aesthetic is fantastic, as is the high concentration of buildings to explore. I'm still unsure of how I'm to fix the gate or where I'm supposed to be going, but it's still enjoyable. Arke Power Station in particular is pretty great. High density of mobs is less great.

Does anyone have any suggestions for making my next playthrough more hardcore? Even playing on Hard I'm still rolling in money, health items, traps and grenades.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The last dev log entry says:
That's all for now. I hope you guys like the changes. As for what we'll be doing next - we'll primarily be working on more content for Underrail so stay tuned for more info on that in the coming months.

So, is the game finished at this point, as in no more areas/quests are being developed, or should I wait more until starting a complete playthrough?

roshan

Arcane
The last dev log entry says:
That's all for now. I hope you guys like the changes. As for what we'll be doing next - we'll primarily be working on more content for Underrail so stay tuned for more info on that in the coming months.

So, is the game finished at this point, as in no more areas/quests are being developed, or should I wait more until starting a complete playthrough?

There's no point waiting. Game is pretty great. And you will want to play through again with another build because the playstyle can be so different.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom