Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underrail, Postapocalyptic Turn-based RPG, Demo Now Available

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Stygian Software; Underrail

Underrail, the oldschool turn-based isometric (Fallout-like) RPG that we have a dedicated thread about here on the Codex, has today seen the release of a public alpha demo:

4eal4fbv.v1f.jpg

Underrail is an old school isometric indie role-playing game that focuses on exploration and combat. The game is set in a distant future, when the life on the Earth’s surface has long since been made impossible and the remnants of humanity now dwell in the Underrail, a vast system of metro station-states that, it seems, are the last bastions of a fading race.​

The alpha demo, which "showcases a number of starting areas of the game", can be downloaded by clicking here.

Courtesy of Styg, I played through the demo a couple of days ago; it is extremely addictive and promises great things for the full game. In fact, it is easily one of the best things I've played recently. I highly recommend you try it out.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Woo! Very excited to try it out after following the Workshop thread for so long. Might have to save it for tomorrow though.

Peter

Arcane
Fuck yeah! Been following the development thread on and off for months now, and this looks brilliant. Grats, Styg. This can't download fast enough!

:thumbsup:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Unbelievable, this is the first (as far as I can remember) of all those "Fallout-like" isometric indie RPGs that actually made it to the demo stage.

Downloading.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Woha, would you look at the size of that thing! Can't wait to give it a spin.

grotsnik

Arcane
Damn, it's freezing up on me whenever it tries to load a new game. Anybody else had problems?

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Really Hope it won't be shit this time, Downloading.

P.S. Was not shit, spend fun two hours poping moles hunting rads in tunnels, hope that full game will have more side quests and dialogue checks FNV style. :thumbsup:

Piety

Shitpostin'
Codex 2012 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Torment: Tides of Numenera
I AM VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS! Congratulations on actually making something playable! Grabbing this now!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom