Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail [PRE-RELEASE THREAD, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Alfons

Prophet
If you take more time than the other two contestants, you will die. Only the fastest runner will get out alive.
Yeah, about that. Can you respond to my last post. It looks like it doesn't work like that.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
If you take more time than the other two contestants, you will die. Only the fastest runner will get out alive.
Yeah, about that. Can you respond to my last post. It looks like it doesn't work like that.

Your character should have died there and what happened to you was a bug. You literally stood on a single safe spot. We found it now and made it unsafe for the future. :)

On a side note, draws are legitimate (like what happened to the other two contestants).

Alfons

Prophet
Styg, is the gauntlet designed in such a way that not all builds can actually clear it without a fuckton of quicksaves? I played a psi character, at a certain point I started to just CC mobs and run by them, that plan didn't end well since my detection is shit so I bumped into a trap and got gang banged by every mob I left behind.

I have a few technical suggestions which are unrelated to the gauntlet:

1) Either implementing the option to always end combat manually or fixing the thing where combat ends because mobs are CCd. I know I mentioned it before, but it keeps fucking me over, it literally makes me replay battles that I already won.

2) The option of lowering the opacity of walls during combat or just making them less opaque. I can't see some enemies half the time, even though my character can clearly see them. Sometimes I know an enemy is there, but I still have to resort to wiggling the mouse around to find his exact location and target him.

3) Increasing the opacity of remains through walls, this is the same as point 2, they're just way too fucking hard to see.

4) Prevent the enemies from fucking cheating. I honestly don't know what this is but sometimes I can see a mob that can clearly see me. There is either a small barrier like a mushroom pot or another mob in front of me. In that situation the enemies can continuously hit me but for me to hit them I have to reposition. And it's not a matter of range, I'm well within the range of the attack.

Alfons

Prophet
Yes. Making sure you get all the keycards is...pardon the pun...key.
What I am trying to figure out is whether or not you are guaranteed a win if you meet certain conditions and if so what are they? If you get all the keys are you guaranteed a win or do you still need to clear a certain time. Going through the levels with low Per and traps fucking blows. The game just becomes a trial and error puzzle solving.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
My dude has 3 dex and 3 agi and I always went first.

I wasn't waiting for initiative, I took the initiative. :smug:
You mean you can trigger the combat at any time during exposition before the fight?
I dont think you can do it any time, but in the small window between the end of exposition and the start of combat you can mash enter to start combat manually and be sure to go first.

Alfons

Prophet
You mean you can trigger the combat at any time during exposition before the fight?
I dont think you can do it any time, but in the small window between the end of exposition and the start of combat you can mash enter to start combat manually and be sure to go first.
Pretty much this. Only difference is that I start to repeatedly mash enter when the announcements start. There is no need to go apeshit and you shouldn't worry about ending combat by pressing enter when you shouldn't, it won't let you get out of it. If you start pressing it when the announcements end there is still an element of reaction time, starting before they end eliminates that.

ST'Ranger

Augur
Styg I encountered an interesting bug with burst fire on some Huszar Assault Rifles. Will test others later. The essence of it is that the burst uses up 1 more bullet than it actually fires. I thought it might be a problem with muzzle brake interacting with Full Auto, but an unupgraded rifle displays the same behavior. My muzzle brake rifle expends 10 bullets and only fires 9 (i.e. only 9 bullets interact with the enemy). The unupgraded rifle expends 8 bullets and only fires 7.

I will include a crude set of screenshots to demonstrate. I realize that the target died after 9 bullets in the muzzle brake image, but trust me. I tested it 5 times just to make sure it wasn't a save/reload/restart issue.

http://i.imgur.com/GRTjnN3.jpg

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron
---Dat Run button -- i dont see it unbalancing the game, especially if only useable in controlled areas, but half of the time i spend in a new character is walking around like some p[oor assfuck with cerebral palsy.
---Being able to see enemies through some walls but not others. dithering has been around forever.
-- more roleplaying opportunities. I feel like much of the cnc is because the consequence of choice is "surprise youre fucked later" Id like to have more than one skillcheck option per encounter...more algebraic than if not A=THEN=C
-- If i leave some enemies in a cave and escape, how come they wait there for 5 years for me to come back? Ive started a 4th character simply because escaping combat i cant win leads to more combat and eventually every exit is guarded by a mob of tireless assassins who never even take a step away from the transition zone.
Im seeing a huge difference in the order i level up or what enemies i kill first, but almost none the actual writing of how the quests play out. you solve the quest cool, but there doesnt seem much change to the story...or im just not playing a radically different enough character to notice.

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron
Ill keep playing and i love it...but fallout 2 seems different everytime i play it, so far underrail has been the same except for what skill i choose to akkomplisch the goals.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Styg I encountered an interesting bug with burst fire on some Huszar Assault Rifles. Will test others later. The essence of it is that the burst uses up 1 more bullet than it actually fires. I thought it might be a problem with muzzle brake interacting with Full Auto, but an unupgraded rifle displays the same behavior. My muzzle brake rifle expends 10 bullets and only fires 9 (i.e. only 9 bullets interact with the enemy). The unupgraded rifle expends 8 bullets and only fires 7.

I will include a crude set of screenshots to demonstrate. I realize that the target died after 9 bullets in the muzzle brake image, but trust me. I tested it 5 times just to make sure it wasn't a save/reload/restart issue.

Ok, found the bug. Will fix it for the release. Cheers.

ST'Ranger

Augur

Ok, found the bug. Will fix it for the release. Cheers.

Dominating.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I've bought it twice now. When it comes out I'll buy it a third time.
Love this game but haven't played it in a LOOOOONG time because I don't want to ruin it.

polo

Magister
That was confirmed long, long ago.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom