Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail [PRE-RELEASE THREAD, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Nimble is worthwhile even just for the -15% armor penalty alone. It's about one extra square of movement, a bit more on a high-AGI character, a bit less on a low-AGI character. The extra Dodge and Evasion is really a side benefit.

I'm going to guess the new bug doesn't apply the Dodge and Evade bonuses unless your unmodified, natural armor penalty is 0%... which is silly, because absolutely no character build in the game would go around naked, and even if they did, the benefits of 15% penalty worth of armor far outweigh an extra +15% Dodge/Evasion.

epeli
I've been too busy for the last seven months to help report typos (in fact, I'm moving the last of my stuff out of this house today and tomorrow), and it concerns me a bit that pretty much all of the typos that I noticed in SGS and Junkyard way back in October, as well as the ones in skill, ability, and feat descriptions, are still there, seemingly untouched.

Are Styg and co. even thinking about this sort of thing? There's not THAT much dialog in this game. One competent person could copy edit all of it in a few days at most.

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
When you add soft foam padding and black cloth to a leather armor recipe that would produce a black overcoat with the black cloth alone, it produces a standard leather overcoat instead. It definitely ought to stay black.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
When you add soft foam padding and black cloth to a leather armor recipe that would produce a black overcoat with the black cloth alone, it produces a standard leather overcoat instead. It definitely ought to stay black.

Leather armors and tactical vests have different coat variations and while it would make more sense for it too look like the black overcoat (which is used as a tactical vest variation) it is more important for player to be able to identify which category of armor the enemies are wearing.

http://underrail.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=54&Itemid=54

Release date

When it's done. Sometimes during 2015.

Aww, what happened to "first half"?

I don't know what you're talking about. :troll:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm happy to wait for Underrail. The quality improves with every update.

ST'Ranger

Augur

Leather armors and tactical vests have different coat variations and while it would make more sense for it too look like the black overcoat (which is used as a tactical vest variation) it is more important for player to be able to identify which category of armor the enemies are wearing.

My assault rifle character needs to look like the Punisher, Styg. The success of the game depends on this matter.

Ninjerk

Arcane
You mechs may have copper wiring to reroute your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
So i rocked the arena with my stealthy knife, moderate psi build and i liked the build very much. Pretty much due to always going first.

It would be interesting to know what range of skill checks is to expect in the late game, because i am not sure how useful it will be to have 200 effective skill in, say Lockpicking. And spending some points elsewhere, at least for me, increases the overall fun totally. With the tight skill point pool and all.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron

I disagree. I feel it's more important that my character look like he's about to go shoot up a school.

Ninjerk

Arcane

I disagree. I feel it's more important that my character look like he's about to go shoot up a school.
He's not actually joking here

thesoup

Arcane

He's not actually joking here
:patriot:

The blood of Kwa's children is on your hands, Styg

Alfons

Prophet
Did anybody try to do a level 1 junkyard run, in order to get the money in the hobo's house early? I tried it once and it was an absolute bitch, I eventually succeeded, but the rathounds in the cave kept fucking up the plan.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Just popping in to say Bravo, Styg on the Institute of Tchort, West Wing and fucking Locus of Control. That is all.

Alfons

Prophet
Is there a way to stop the fucking auto combat ending? Here's a scenario that happened to me more than once. I frag a couple of guys and then flashbang them, I have grandier so I just want to wait for 2 turns to frag them again, I wait for a turn and combat ends. The initiate combat command is on cooldown so I'm left with the option of running or trying to throw a nade faster than the npcs can initiate.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Is there a way to stop the fucking auto combat ending? Here's a scenario that happened to me more than once. I frag a couple of guys and then flashbang them, I have grandier so I just want to wait for 2 turns to frag them again, I wait for a turn and combat ends. The initiate combat command is on cooldown so I'm left with the option of running or trying to throw a nade faster than the npcs can initiate.
I dont think there is a way to prevent that, and it happened to me a couple of times too, when I throw a flashbang, stun all of the guys and end turn the games interpret it as if there were no enemies in sight and ends the combat, and I have to mash enter to start the combat again.

Alfons

Prophet
I dont think there is a way to prevent that, and it happened to me a couple of times too, when I throw a flashbang, stun all of the guys and end turn the games interpret it as if there were no enemies in sight and ends the combat, and I have to mash enter to start the combat again.
I don't know the specifics but the way the game figures out whether you are in combat or not definitely seems fucked up at times. I hate doing the stupid hopper quest because if they evade that area is locked in combat even though I'm the only one on screen. Sometimes walking away and pressing end turn a few times solves it, other times you have to wait for that specific hopper to come out and either kill him or catch him.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I don't know the specifics but the way the game figures out whether you are in combat or not definitely seems fucked up at times. I hate doing the stupid hopper quest because if they evade that area is locked in combat even though I'm the only one on screen. Sometimes walking away and pressing end turn a few times solves it, other times you have to wait for that specific hopper to come out and either kill him or catch him.
And I think the hoopers were bugged some versions ago and they couldn't jump into their little holes in combat, so you could just initiate combat, they would run to the wall and stay there, and you could keep throwing nets on them until you managed to entangle them. But now they can get into their holes in combat so for a character that is not that good at throwing the quest is annoying because you initiate the fight, throw you net, they evade and run to the the hole, you end combat, grab the net, walk away a bit, wait for the combat start cooldown to go away, hoppers get out, you initiate combat, throw net, they evade, you fucking smash something on your desk.

aleph

Arcane
But now they can get into their holes in combat so for a character that is not that good at throwing the quest is annoying because you initiate the fight, throw you net, they evade and run to the the hole, you end combat, grab the net, walk away a bit, wait for the combat start cooldown to go away, hoppers get out, you initiate combat, throw net, they evade, you fucking smash something on your desk.

You are doing it wrong. Wait a bit away from a hole. Hopper comes out. Immediately initiate combat. Walk next to hopper and use cage on it. Hopper is in cage. Repeat until quest solved.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom