Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail [PRE-RELEASE THREAD, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Alfons

Prophet
It would seem that I have come upon more poor life choices regarding my latest character. It would seem that the feats Expertise and Gun Nut do not work with Energy Pistols. I had to read the wiki to figure out that Energy Pistols don't belong to firearms, which is poor and vague documentation on Styg's part. Maybe the game should specify it as Mechanical damage based firearms? I'm sure I'm not the only one who made this mistake.
It seems that's a common misunderstanding, I was actually going to warn you and forgot. The terminology is correct it's just that the most commonly accepted meaning of the word firearm is:
a rifle, pistol, or other portable gun.
That's according to google other sources state that a firearms is:
a small arms weapon, as a rifle or pistol, from which a projectile is fired by gunpowder.
Chemistry is godly. It's so easy to make nades and they are so good. One of the best skills imo.
Do yourself a favour and check the wiki for the soft cap.
I made Riot Armor out of an average of 50 item quality and it sucks. The shield is kinda nice, but the armor is pretty weak at protecting against guns and that's the bigger threat. Overall I'm finding armor in general to be vastly inferior to dodge / evade. Will need to try Metal Armor for the final verdict, but medium armor just seems lacking. Not heavy enough DR to negate enough damage but not light enough to be reliable for dodging either.
Only reason to use it IMO is if you play a pure psy for the psybeetle shield bonuses. Higher quality light vests are good against bullets. Unlike riot armor, it triples the DR. Heavy tactical vests are practically impervious to bullets. Metal armor is the win button. Higher quality ones can keep the resistance at 95% while being at around 30-40 percent burden with perks.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Yeah, that's a definition that a person who knows about guns might be aware of. For me, and probably most other people, a gun is a gun. I'd rather have the clear distinction made in-game rather than try to play russian roulette with what the dev meant and what the text might imply. I mean Expertise adds damage to your Fists, even if you use Telekinetic Punch and Force Emission, so why not Energy weapons as well? It's an easily fixable problem anyway as all it requires is rewording a couple feats.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Yeah, that's a definition that a person who knows about guns might be aware of. For me, and probably most other people, a gun is a gun. I'd rather have the clear distinction made in-game rather than try to play russian roulette with what the dev meant and what the text might imply. I mean Expertise adds damage to your Fists, even if you use Telekinetic Punch and Force Emission, so why not Energy weapons as well? It's an easily fixable problem anyway as all it requires is rewording a couple feats.
Thats why it is usefull to have many new people play the game and report their problems. For the old players of Underrail the description of the feat was not a problem as they either through previous experience or other factors learned how it works, but anything that is not immidietly obvious for a new player is a problem and should be made clear.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Thats why it is usefull to have many new people play the game and report their problems. For the old players of Underrail the description of the feat was not a problem as they either through previous experience or other factors learned how it works, but anything that is not immidietly obvious for a new player is a problem and should be made clear.

I know, that's why I'm reporting my experience here :P. Hopefully Styg reads what I write here (NOTICE ME SENPAI) and finds something useful. I think this would be my biggest problem with the game so far.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
People talking about balance in a EA title... gg guys. Why so talk so much about it.

Styg knows whats wrong. That's why patches come out. Just wait for release. it fixes all the shit u talk about :D

Nael

Arcane
People talking about balance in a EA title... gg guys. Why so talk so much about it.

Styg knows whats wrong. That's why patches come out. Just wait for release. it fixes all the shit u talk about :D

Its called "Feedback."

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
So, how long until release? Or should I play it right now?
I need a real RPG after I demo'ed Fallout 4. The horror....

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Don't play anything else, just wait for underrail, as nofap teaches us, abstinence makes it more enjoyable when you finally take stygs magnum opus into you in the full release

Last edited:

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Let the man finish it right to the point he's 100% happy with it. What's a few months sooner or later going to change? I'd rather have the best experience possible and wait a bit for it.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Ugh,.. I've kinda started regretting that I played this in EA before full release!

But the game is soo gud, hard to resist!

Monocause

Arcane
Not that long now...

How do you think this works out in terms of making a business decision? I appreciate that it's a principle thing, but apart from that - what's your assessment on the sales impact these delays might have?

Roobenator

Novice
Luckily I've made shitty characters that kinda stop working around that mutant area behind junkyard and never advanced further. Therefore I consider myself virgin-like for the release. I'm also actively avoiding all build-discussion before I play this.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
How do you think this works out in terms of making a business decision? I appreciate that it's a principle thing, but apart from that - what's your assessment on the sales impact these delays might have?

I think that both the timing of the release and the delays that were made in order to improve the overall content quality will pay off - if not immediately, then certainly in the long run.

Sykar

Arcane
I think that both the timing of the release and the delays that were made in order to improve the overall content quality will pay off - if not immediately, then certainly in the long run.

Can you give a (very) rough estimate how much longer the polish will take?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom