Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail [PRE-RELEASE THREAD, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Updating Old Areas

Hey guys, since we got back from vacation we've been developing at a rapid pace. The game is mostly done, save for some dialog and certain amount of visual components for the final event. Once that is in, the game will be playable from start to finish.

Parallel to bringing the main story line to the end, we're doing a final pass through all the areas and updating them visually and adding more flavor dialog. Some of early areas were done ages ago and were badly in a need of a rework. The biggest offenders were SGS and Junkyard, which now both got new looks:

newsgs1.jpg

newsgs2.jpg

newsgs3.jpg

newjy1.jpg

newjy2.jpg

newjy3.jpg

newjy4.jpg

Anyway, the game is really close to completion now and we should be entering close beta phase soon, when we might call upon some of the old dedicated fans to help us test it. There won't be any updates for the public version before full release, though, but that isn't that far off now either. Stay tuned.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
What the fuck? This isn't even the same game that I bought. It's like going to heaven only to find out that god was hiding the real party behind his throne. Looks really good.

Cazzeris

Looks even better than before, and it already looked great. The "black areas" and burning barrels are the only thing that look remotely jarring in the screenshots, but at least the latter ones blend better with the backgrounds when the animation is visible.

Perhaps some of the icons for the feats should be redrawn if possible. Some of them look like above-average programmer's art, or at least they did last time I played the game.

But all in all, I'm impressed by how the graphics have many more details now while keeping the easy-on-the-eyes color palette that made the original art so compelling. Excellent job.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Excellent work as always, Styg.

I think Underrail is honestly the upcoming RPG I'm looking forward to most.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm certain it's going to be a masterpiece. My only worry now is if in 15 years there will be an Underrail 4, first-person with dialog wheels and middle-aged men on the loose
:troll:

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Perhaps some of the icons for the feats should be redrawn if possible. Some of them look like above-average programmer's art, or at least they did last time I played the game.

Which they are. Unfortunately those won't be fixed. Our art guy has too much work planned already, so we have to prioritize which of my graphics needs to be redone and just focus on the biggest offenders.

Jinn

Arcane
Styg, the progress you guys have made looks absolutely stunning. I bought and played this a couple (?) years back and had to stop myself, because I knew that I wanted to truly experience it for the first time when it was complete. I'm glad I've waited, but I'm extremely excited to dig in.

Thanks for being another champion of incline. We are in your debt.

anus_pounder

Arcane
What if Underrail releases at the same time as Battle Brothers on Thursday, 202X?

:shredder:

How would I decide which incline to play?

I'll be honest, I'd probably go for BB over Underrail. Probably.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom