Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail [PRE-RELEASE THREAD, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Any Codexers who don't already own Underrail and Age of Decadence should be banned.
Good goy. Of course for the guy that spends thousands of dollars of virtual spaceships, some $50 on unfinished games is nothing.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Manlets who wear lifts blowing hot air about other people's insecurities? I thought I'd seen it all.

Whiran

Magister
The game isn't even fucking released you dickhead. No matter how many 'omg its so fallout' posts I see, I'm not fucking buying into early access.
Just buy it and treat it as a pre-order if Early Access offends your sensibilities.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Was that the original intention of the purchases?
He went through several rounds of "STAR CITIZEN WILL BE BEST GAEM EVER! LOOK, I BOUGHT ANOTHER AMAZING SHIP!" Took him about a year before he abandoned ship (hurr). He was lucky to get out before the bubble burst. Now he plays if off as if he wasn't a born-again beleiver in Scam Citizen.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
He went through several rounds of "STAR CITIZEN WILL BE BEST GAEM EVER! LOOK, I BOUGHT ANOTHER AMAZING SHIP!" Took him about a year before he abandoned ship (hurr). He was lucky to get out before the bubble burst. Now he plays if off as if he wasn't a born-again beleiver in Scam Citizen.

I've never played it off that way, you tit. One of my latest posts in the Star Citizen thread clearly indicates that I was a True Believer for quite some time. The project gradually changed, and I came to that realization far earlier than most, long before the "They're running out of money!" circlejerk.

Also, the bubble still hasn't burst a year and a half later. Pledge ships continue to be resold for a pretty penny.

P. funny to see this coming from a dumbass who plays that shitpile of a game called SWTOR, by the way.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I've never played it off that way, you tit. One of my latest posts in the Star Citizen thread clearly indicates that I was a True Believer for quite some time. The project gradually changed, and I came to that realization far earlier than most, long before the "They're running out of money!" circlejerk.

Also, the bubble still hasn't burst a year and a half later. Pledge ships continue to be resold for a pretty penny.

P. funny to see this coming from a dumbass who plays that shitpile of a game called SWTOR, by the way.

I'd rather be a dumbass playing a f2p game, than spending thousand of dollars on a game that had scam-ish written all over it.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
SWTOR is shit because of who developed it, who wrote it, and what it is, not because it's F2P. Hey, who else is excited for Fallout 4, right guys?

Star Citizen didn't have "scam" written all over it in the beginning, not in the least. If the project hadn't gone off the rails in a number of ways, I'd never have ejected and cashed out. Hindsight is 20/20 and you armchair critics have the benefit of a nice bandwagon to climb onto. The Codex is full of Captain Hindsight types.

Now, some moderator should move all this horseshit out of the Underrail thread. Thanks for dragging a perfectly good thread off-topic because Star Citizen is somehow still the only insult you faggots can think of after two years.

Shin

Cipher
I'm sure Underrail will be great, as I somehow value the opinions of all you bitter old bastards. I just won't buy into it now because I want the full (polished) experience, I could buy it for the lower price but I wouldn't have the mental fortitude to resist playing it. Plus there's quite a few games I've yet to finish so it's not like I'm in a hurry.

Tigranes

Arcane
Having played the EA extensively a few months ago, I know that it will be great. I don't think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, but it is great. To me it's almost like Fallout reincarnate, which is great in itself, but I'm not particularly excited by the points where it tries its own thing, e.g. the setting or the psych abilities. (It also strikes me how paper thin the line can be between individual appreciations of games which, when taken apart into small fragments, are actually super similar or identical, but when put together, have very different end results, re. the new incline age RPGs.) But there's few games over the last few years that deserved my money more.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Underrail will certainly be, Torment might go either way.

Given what I've seen from the alpha tests from Torment, there's not much to sway me negatively. It looks VERY promising. And if you are referring to this latest "shock" of Kevin Saunders leaving the project, I doubt it will have much impact on the overall game at this stage.

It certaintly looks heaps and bounds better than Wasteland 2, not forgetting that it is an entirely different game, from an entirely different team (more experience).

Pretty sure that most of the designs, systems, mechanics are in place at this moment. Changing the project lead to Chris Keenan won't affect the game much, I would say. Of course, nobody knows for sure.

The development team for Torment is in good hands, and Chris Keenan is a good delivery manager. His job will be ensuring to meet the deadlines that Fargo and the devs give him, not to have a say on the actual content.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom