Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail [PRE-RELEASE THREAD, GO TO NEW THREAD]

gestalt11

Arbiter
I save scummed...

I'm playing the same game, and have no problem that you have. Never was in Core City, only Foundry - found at least one core 80+.
Never wasshort on barrels, because I buy for the future barrels I'll need.

I have a sad conclusion - it's not game who forced you to savescum. It is you.

I never said I was forced, I can and have played this game with no electronics at all really. The current system merely encourages save scumming for multiple reasons. Of course you can find one at 80+. You probaby have something like a 1/15 1/20 chance of this happening. On a playthough of the various middle areas you will probably regen about 3-4 electronic stores about 5 times.

So sure a decent number of people will find one. And a decent number may not just due to RNG. But probably easily 50% of playthoughs will.

You only need one? If I take electronics I make a good deal more than 1 thing that uses plasma cores. If I am going pistol I will easily have 5 recipes that I want to make that use Plasma Cores.

I have a sad conclusion - you need better reading comprehension.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
You might be, it's as old as Junkyard itself.

Well shit. Isn't there some place in Junkyard that forces you to take the long way around instead of offering an easy throughway?
Can't think of any place like that in Junkyard. If you are willing to pay or kill the dude that stops you in this map, you can walk freely there and everywhere in Junkyard.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Nah, that's not what I meant. I meant...like...picture if in that image I posted there wasn't a path where I'm pointing to.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Man.. the more I play this, the more I get certain, that this game is gonna be absolutely fantastic.

Are there any heavy weapons like miniguns or bazookas in the game? or do I not wanna spoil myself.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
You probaby have something like a 1/15 1/20 chance of this happening. On a playthough of the various middle areas you will probably regen about 3-4 electronic stores about 5 times.

So sure a decent number of people will find one. And a decent number may not just due to RNG. But probably easily 50% of playthoughs will.

Merchant in Foundry reset 3 times, bought 1 core. No problem - YOY JUST NEED VISIT THEM.
Comon don't be such... I don't know right word.

GJIG

Novice
The closer an indie game gets to its release the more unbearable the wait becomes. For your own sanity I suggest immersing yourself in some other game and not worrying about the release date until it's actually out. If Styg had something of value to tell us, I'm sure he would do so without needing to be asked. He's been very diligent about posting updates whenever he has something more than just guesses to offer.

Alfons

Prophet
How does dirty kick work? Does melee dictate whether it works or not? i.e. does a 25 melee skill dirty kick has the same chance to work as a 120 melee dirty kick?

Alfons

Prophet
Styg when you activate sprint while having the kneecap debuff it doesn't show the movement points you gained.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Anyone have a stealthy knife and PSI, with a minor in traps build?

Currently I want to use melee, throwing, one Psi (never used it, which complements it best, Thought Control?), with a bit of traps. Stealth, Dodge and Evasion are required. Plus crafting weapons and grenades with Mechanics and Chemistry.

That's currently 10 things along with lockpicking and/or hacking. So maybe need like 11-12 things in total, might have to drop traps and one of hacking/locks.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
That'd be the last thing I'd drop surely!

Currently maxing Melee, Throwing, Stealth/Dodge/Evasion trio and putting lesser amounts amongst the other 6, but I might have to choose between hacking and locks or leave out 1 craft.

Feats at 1st level are currently Nimble and Snooping but tempting to get recklessness in there.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Drop dodge you nunny. ))
It's least useful defence skill.
Evasion much more important with sniper crits and crossbow hits.
Feats just like I pick usually. Just love hidden stuff.

Alfons

Prophet
Even if i wanted to bypass dodge for defence, fancy footwork looks huge for a dagger user, which requires 40 dodge.
I take in with heavy armor. Just raise it to 40 and switch to another skill.
If you plan on taking only one psi skill I'd take psychokinesis. Constantly available yet AP expensive stun/ mini aoe, close range low ap high psi stun, force field AKA portable corner. Thought control gives you one CC that doesn't allow you to attack the target, one CCthat makes the target run all over the place but is extremely powerful, and one pseudo CC that supposedly makes the guy go apeshit( I am yet to be attacked by an enraged mob ). Also thought control doesn't work on robots.

If you plan on 10 will thought control becomes much more appealing because locust of control is just too fucking good.

epeli

Arcane
How does dirty kick work? Does melee dictate whether it works or not? i.e. does a 25 melee skill dirty kick has the same chance to work as a 120 melee dirty kick?

Yup, it's based on melee skill. Damage is 2x unarmed damage and hit chance is the same as your normal melee attacs, melee vs dodge.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
HumanModels1.gif

can we have a look at the 3D models of the characters in full size? I am really curious about their level of detail.

Last edited:

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Anyone have a stealthy knife and PSI, with a minor in traps build?

Currently I want to use melee, throwing, one Psi (never used it, which complements it best, Thought Control?), with a bit of traps. Stealth, Dodge and Evasion are required. Plus crafting weapons and grenades with Mechanics and Chemistry.

That's currently 10 things along with lockpicking and/or hacking. So maybe need like 11-12 things in total, might have to drop traps and one of hacking/locks.
My favourite build so far. Skilling some traps/throwing is possible. But in the end i felt the points were wasted. I could use minor traps and toss a granade, but i almost never used it.
I chose to use crafting instead, which feels better. You might want 10 Biology for a useful wounding melee perk.

I used Metathermics as Psi (can be 60-80, freezing enemies), but Thought Control would probably work just as good (maybe even better with Bilocation).

I had the same trouble: what skill to drop? In the end i droped Hacking and never really missed it.

Alfons

Prophet
I think you guys need to get out the "hacking and lockpicking are must-have mentality." That simple change opens a lot of doors. No pun intended.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
There is no really need "to get out the "hacking and lockpicking are must-have mentality", because you need to pump them only at 50-60, further increased by stats >4 junkyard surprise included, and lockpicks +10 +7 from knife, +10 hacking tool.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
And who say I savescum? I eat them bro, untill something I need was rolled.
Actually I don't like it, I think stat bonuses should be shifter into Biology craft, but Styg knows better.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
gestalt11 do you have more observations about shops and items that are too rare/common? That can be good feedback. You probably know the traders very well with all that savescumming.

While I may not agree with your (gestalt11's) fundamental grievances with the merchants system, pointing out items that seem too rare or too abundant is indeed very useful feedback so keep it up. ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom