Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail [PRE-RELEASE THREAD, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Roger Bacon

Literate
I cannot wait until this game is finished. Game was spectacular so far.

epeli

Arcane
Any ETA on version 1.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.000..00.0 ?
What's up with the zero spam, is proper software versioning too complicated? I guess you enjoy Firefox's recent retard-o-versioning. :smug:

Styg said definitely this year. We'll have to wait and see though, this is an RPG after all.
Yeah, well, he also said 2013 earlier during development. "When it's done" is probably the most realistic answer.

epeli couldnt you have brought Elhazzared with you? It doesnt get more hardcore than him. :lol:
Oh man, do I have to start bringing him to places? His likeness is already in the game, isn't that bad good enough? :)

Roger Bacon

Literate
I thought the arena was handle so well in this game. Some people were saying the writing was iffy, but I think it is great. The game has a good amount of memorable moments that a lot of games just don't have.

The crazy lady who tries to murder you when you try and get with her + that guy who tries to eat you in the sewer

The rat king

Crawlerman

The "dude" from big lebowski

Even the small things like when you are the invictus (arena champ) and you get dialogue like, I'm the god damn invictus let me out mofo... guys like, holy shit! Invictus love me long time! go go go. Just love how it all plays out.(

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
I thought the arena was handle so well in this game. Some people were saying the writing was iffy, but I think it is great. The game has a good amount of memorable moments that a lot of games just don't have.

The crazy lady who tries to murder you when you try and get with her + that guy who tries to eat you in the sewer

The rat king

Crawlerman

The "dude" from big lebowski

Even the small things like when you are the invictus (arena champ) and you get dialogue like, I'm the god damn invictus let me out mofo... guys like, holy shit! Invictus love me long time! go go go. Just love how it all plays out.(

Whoa, who is crawlerman?

epeli

Arcane
Styg should use shapes and colors as a naming convention for future updates.
Brilliant! :retarded:
VjnURFas.png
:retarded:
I'm gonna steal your idea and sell it to Mozilla.

Whoa, who is crawlerman?
Motion is one hell of a drug, you should try it :lol:

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I haven't played since last year September, so maybe my memory is fuzzy. Were the character models always this bad-looking? For some reason they really bother me, but I can't remember it bothering me last time. They feel so out of place in the otherwise pretty environments.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I haven't played since last year September, so maybe my memory is fuzzy. Were the character models always this bad-looking? For some reason they really bother me, but I can't remember it bothering me last time. They feel so out of place in the otherwise pretty environments.

The issue may be that environment graphics have improved and no longer match char. graphics.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
wat? stuff still looks almost if not exactly the same as it did years ago. the character graphics are also ok, it's just the animations that are somewhat awkward.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
We're currently looking for someone to do the in game portraits. If someone is interested, please sent portfolio links at admin@underrail.com.

Alternatively, if you know of an artist who's work would fit well send them my way or shoot me a link.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Alternatively, if you know of an artist who's work would fit well send them my way or shoot me a link.

I've told our composer about this (who is actually an artist first and foremost - http://a-stepchen.deviantart.com/) and he'll send you his stuff. He's rather decent even if his style is a little bit strange. And, well, he likes the right kind of games so who knows.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Man, this is what "tell a friend" has devolved into. This world :negative:

By the way, check your PMs, Haba. I need to know whether you need a physical reward from Obsidian/MCA and a signature so I can pass this info on to them.

Elthosian

Arcane
Going to feel weird to play with portraits after years with the good ol' black silhoette, almost a part of the game's ambience by now.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
With Fire and Brimstone

Hey guys, we took a couple weeks off in August/September to recharge our batteries, but we're back now and we're kicking it into high gear. While we're also working on new areas and quests (we'll get to that in some future dev log), I'm taking this time to finally implement last of the game mechanics (not quite done yet). In this case that would be fire and gas.

Fire.jpg
PoisonCloud.jpg

You will now be able to create fire bombs (such as Molotov cocktail) that set character, creatures and the ground on fire as well. The burning ground is very dangerous as it deals both flat and -percentage of max health- damage so you cannot ignore it even on high levels. The amount of damage dealt depends on the intensity of the flames (which depends on the power of the fire bomb, but can also stack if you throw multiple bombs).

You'll now also be able to craft gas grenades. The only type of gas grenade at the moment is "Toxic Gas Grenade" which deals flat bio damage. The damage dealt depends on the density of the gas (it's more dense at the source). While toxic gas doesn't deal damage quickly, the grenade does last for a long time and also bio resistance is currently not present on standard combat armors and if introduced later it will not be in generous amounts. Specialized equipment to deal with this and more powerful bio-hazzards will be added in the future. Also, players will encounter permanent sources of toxic gas in certain places (such as the one on the screenshot).

In other news, I've taken the time to do some UI improvements. This is probably the definitive list of the UI changes as I have tons of other stuff to get done before we release the game so I hope I answered most of your complaints/suggestions:

• Added larger font options for everything (object labels, tooltips, quest notes, pop-up dialogs, combat log, etc)
  • Moves the combat log window slightly so it won't interrupt scrolling anymore
  • Added an option to auto-end turn when the player is out of MP and AP
  • Added more hotkeys (swap weapons, toggle shield, etc; might add more if necessary) and added keybinding options
  • Inspected containers that are empty are now marked as such
  • Increased the font in Combat Stats Overview window
  • Available component for a given blueprint will now be highlighted in the same manner as when trading
  • Double clicking (or ctrl clicking) a component will automatically transfer it to the crafting screen if appropriate blueprint is open
  • Clicking a crafting slot will automatically fill it with the first available component if empty, or clear it if full
  • ESC/ENTER and other intuitive hotkeys (such as Y/N) will now work inside confirmation boxes
  • While holding SHIFT player will not be able to issue move command as to prevent people from accidentally moving when they meant to shoot; keep in mind though that you'll still be able to issue a melee attack command that might require movement even when SHIFT is held

That's all for now dudes. Cheers.

Last edited:
Great work Styg, as always. I look forward to your updates, as they're always great and substantial. Can't wait to see what the final version of the game will have in store for us. It will be a fully fledged cRPG. Maybe a classic even IMO, as it's already pretty damn good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom