Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail [PRE-RELEASE THREAD, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Go for it, really. The games allows for many different builds that each playthrough will feel different, even if it is just how you deal with hostile encounters.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Hey guys. We're still working on the new updated and it will be a while longer because some of the new areas require quite a bit of graphical work. Here's a little sneak peek at the new major urban area - the Foundry:

fo1.jpg

fo2.jpg

fo3.jpg

In addition to that we're also adding a new minor quest hub in the cave areas south of SGS and couple more quests in SGS and Rail Crossing. Also, we reworked the order in which you receive the early game quests to avoid sending people to GMS too early and added some early game oddities.

In other news:

• Tweaks
    • Reduced electronic crafting requirements for galvanic vests
    • Increased drops rates for all types of carrier vests
    • Boots now require a pair of rubber soles to craft
  • Bugs
    • Fixed the bug that caused the game to crash when attempting to set up the fishing rod on certain spots
    • TNT charges will now go off properly after loading a game in which it's been already set
  • Feats
    • Changes
      • Changed the AP reduction of Tranquility to 5 (down from 10)
    • New
      • Vile Weaponry - Whenever you cause a bleeding wound with a cold weapon, armor enhancement or trap you also apply infected wound which increases the damage taken from all sources by 10% and reduces healing effects by 25%. Stacks 3 times.
      • Expose Weakness - You can preform a special melee attack that deals normal damage and reduces target's mechanical resistance and threshold by 50% if it lands for 2 turns.
      • Steadfast Aim - Increases critical hit chance with a pistol by 1% for each base action point required to fire it above 10.
      • Spec Ops - Reduces action point cost modifier for burst attack from 300% to 200% when using SMGs. Also reduces cooldown of flashbangs by 1 turn.
      • Supressive Fire - Enemies caught in your burst attack cone (regardless of whether they've been shot) have their ranged chance to hit reduced by 10%, action points reduced by 5 and movement points reduced by 10 for 1 turn.
      • Quick Tinkering - Grants you an ability that when activated will allow you to arm your next trap instantly, even in combat in which case it will cost no action points.
      • Fancy Footwork - When you land a melee attack you gain up to 8 movement points, depending on your armor penalty. This can exceed your movement point maximum.
      • Taste for Blood - Whenever you attack a bleeding target with a melee weapon, you increase your melee damage by 5% and reduce action point cost of melee weapons by 0.2 for each bleeding wound the target has. This can stack up to 20 times. Expires after 2 turns if not refreshed.
      • Eviscerate - Grants you a special knife attack that removes all bleeding wounds from the target and deals 100% bonus damage for each bleeding wound removed.
      • Hypertoxicity - Increases damage done by poisons you apply by 100%.
      • Wrestling - When you strike a living target with fist weapon or unarmed attack you have 50% chance to reduce target's movement points by 8, action points by 3 and chance to hit with all ranged weapons by 7%. Stacks 5 times.
      • Combo - If you land three consecutive damage dealing unarmed or fist weapon attacks against a single target in a single turn, the third attack will deal 100% bonus damage and stun the target for 1 turn.
      • Pack Rathound - Increases carry capacity by 50.
      • Last Stand - Grants you an ability that when activated it will temporarily reset your health to your maximum for 2 turns. After the effect expires, your health will be reduced to 1.
      • Salesman - Increases the amount of goods merchants will buy from you by 1% per mercantile skill.
  • Items
    • Tabi Boots - lightweight boots that can be crafted from leather or fabric components
    • Components (these are all crafting only; that is items made of these cannot be found or bought)
      • Siphoner leather
      • Psi Beetle armor plate
      • Burrower armor plate
    • Super secret stuff

Last edited:

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
This looks great Styg. Do you intend to add a little dirt and grime to the environments? I like what is there graphically, it's just that everything looks spotless.

I just want to reiterate, especially with other games in development as a basis for comparison, I am in awe of how good this game looks in comparison. Not only graphically (but definitely graphically), but in all ways. There's a... clarity of vision that other games just don't have.

Maybe that's the advantage of a single dev vs. a large group.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Styg, would you maybe consider adding zoom at some point? Sometimes, I really want to see things just slightly bigger on my 24" 1920x1200 display. A x1.25 and a x1.5 zoom level would be so rad.

Styg, how far is the main plot from being finished, would you say? For instance, could you give us a % of the main quest content and overall content in 0.1.10.0 Alpha over what you project to be the complete game?

I've just done everything that could be done in 0.1.10.0 Alpha and I'm just craving for more.

For what comes next, I would expect the game to pack the pace up a little bit after this and I would hope that this would be about 10-20% of the complete game. Do I expect too much?

Another request, though this might be a tough one: open doors to act as line of fire / LOS obstacles.

Forgot to mention that there are still a few exits that consistently give Zone Transition Failures. Assuming these weren't intentional, there are still places I haven't been able to explore.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Played it awhile ago and decided to stop since I didn't want to ruin the whole exploration experience. Really looking forward to the day this releases. The world, mechanics, atmosphere and everything just feels amazing. Didn't have this much fun running through a postapocalyptic metro since, well, Metro 2033. Just my two cents.

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This game looks so good! I've had it on my wishlist for a long time and have been able to hold out and not play the early access on Steam but...I'm about to give in haha

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Big update is coming up next week so those of you who are thinking of giving it a go I recommend you wait for that. ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom