Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail [PRE-RELEASE THREAD, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
FUCK cmoooooon Desura

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I was already giggling like a retard when I saw steam updating the game. The new stuff looks great and I can't wait to try it out! :)

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yay, it now works on my super rig!
Created a sneaky bastard assassin. With that kick in da balls skill and stunning gloves, I really had fun yesterday :)
Loving the leveling up process with oddities, got really good rewards with very little amount of bloodshed.
I'm making my own map on an axcel sheet while playing which reminded me good ol'times a bit, still I'd like to see a world underground map in game. Something like Gothic games done maybe.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Yay, it now works on my super rig!
Created a sneaky bastard assassin. With that kick in da balls skill and stunning gloves, I really had fun yesterday :)
Loving the leveling up process with oddities, got really good rewards with very little amount of bloodshed.
I'm making my own map on an axcel sheet while playing which reminded me good ol'times a bit, still I'd like to see a world underground map in game. Something like Gothic games done maybe.

I´m using millimetric drawing paper myself to draw the map and annotate npc's/quests.

One thing i'm enjoying about the new exp system is that i only fight when i have to while i explore the map, and i can have the luxury of turning down quests because it doesn't affect my character progression.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Is this game really good?

Is there a good review of the alpha somewhere? People saying it plays like a full game already and stuff like that?

What other games does this one compare to? Setting? Story? Mechanics?

I mean the graphics isn't really THAT good.. I realize it's kinda 80's retro and all that... I'm just not terribly turned on by the graphics.. so I hope the rest is really good.

Buying this for 8 euros seems like a good deal :)

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Man.. it looks solid in terms of mechanics and all that good stuff..

But the graphics man... ugh... I wish this had wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity or Torment graphics...

I know it's basically a 1 man operation.. but ... the graphics doesn't do it for me... maybe it'll grow on me! <3

Hell.. I'd settle for fallout graphics..

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Graphics Not good? They have more Charme and Soul in them than many triple A titles These days. Must be like my brother, 'lol wtf u playin, this looks like the sims'

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Graphics Not good? They have more Charme and Soul in them than many triple A titles These days. Must be like my brother, 'lol wtf u playin, this looks like the sims'

I'm not saying they are outright bad, it just doesn't really fit my style and liking.. I dunno. Maybe I should play the game and see if this changes.

xemous

Arcane

But the graphics man... ugh... I wish this had wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity or Torment graphics...

I know it's basically a 1 man operation.. but ... the graphics doesn't do it for me... maybe it'll grow on me! <3

the graphics are superior to wasteland 2 and the artwork has more charm and character than pillars of eternity

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I think the graphics are nice, but what does it for me is the sound design, so understated and at the same time, so... right? Whomever is responsible, give them my regards Styg

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
I think the graphics are nice, but what does it for me is the sound design, so understated and at the same time, so... right? Whomever is responsible, give them my regards Styg

No one is doing it. I'm just purchasing royalty free stuff from the net, at the moment. When we get all area types into the game, I'll probably hire someone to do a real soundtrack for the game.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Huh, the soundtrack really is nice and fits, man! I'd Do a soundtrack for Free for you :P

Kem0sabe

Arcane
It's not even the soundtrack im talking about but the actual sound and effect placement on maps, the vents, the lights, the cocking of your gun and the crackle of a fire. The sounds are tastefully done.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Its's better optimized than AoD is and plays more F03 than games done by Bethpizda and Obsidian (sorry MCA). It's great to see Dev who spend his time and resources making good game mechanics instead of putting bloom and cinematics everywhere. Would compare to best games from Spiderweb like Geneforge Series or Nehtergate before Vogel went Biowhore but Underrail looks better than even latest games from Jeff.

Last edited:

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
I'll probably hire someone to do a real soundtrack for the game.

Have you ever considered hiring someone from the actual european ambient scene (that is, if you're aiming for eventual ambient soundtrack)? I doubt their prices will be higher (especially since the "pros" aren't cheap), but I'm pretty sure that someone like Peter Anderrson (primarily of Raison d'Etre fame), Desiderii Marginis or Kammarheit (those are all one-man projects, it's just that I doubt that the names of their authors will tell much) will deliver a much higher quality product. Of course, there's the question of them willing to do it (because ambient guys are weird, huh), but hey, it won't hurt to try.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

the graphics are superior to wasteland 2 and the artwork has more charm and character than pillars of eternity

I respectfully disagree my nubian brother! :)

DeepOcean

Arcane

:rpgcodex:

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath

And I disrespectfully think you're a blind fucking retard. WL2 has no soul and a bunch of ugly shit tacked to the proverbial walls. Underrail is one of the most beautifully-crafted, drawn and designed games I've seen in years. Go fuck a Fargo blow-up doll you degenerate.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

And I disrespectfully think you're a blind fucking retard. WL2 has no soul and a bunch of ugly shit tacked to the proverbial walls. Underrail is one of the most beautifully-crafted, drawn and designed games I've seen in years. Go fuck a Fargo blow-up doll you degenerate.

Classy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom