Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underrail Dev Log #52: Jet Skis!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Stygian Software; Underrail; Underrail: Expedition

The latest Underrail development update reveals an unexpected new feature added in the upcoming Expedition expansion - rideable, customizable jet skis:

JetskiTrail.gif

Hi guys. We're all but done with the biggest feature of the expansion and that's the player's ability to ride jet skis.

Since the expansion takes place on Black Sea, naturally you will need a way to travel between all the small islands, bays and between far shores. You will be able to do this on a dozen of different jet skis, ranging from super light racing jet skis to mini-destroyers, which you can further customize under the hood by installing better engines, batteries and suspension systems. The models themselves differ way by the combat cover, durability, stability, speed, damage resistances, as well number of and maximum size of a parts you can install into them; some vehicles can have multiple engines and/or batteries. Also, some jet skis will have special attacks or abilities.

Once you get to the Black Sea it won't take long for you to get a hold of the most basic "junk jet", but to get the quality stuff, both in terms of the jet ski model and the parts, you'll have to spend a fair amount of charons at a specialized shop in Core City. You'll also have to decide what are the most important characteristics of jet ski for you, as no one model will be best at everything.

While riding a jet ski you'll be able to use most of your weapons, abilites and utilities. The most notable exceptions are sledgehammers and sniper rifles, which are not available while driving. Also, short range melee weapons (fist weapons and knives) and unarmed attacks, though still performable, will suffer significant penalties. When an attack is aimed at you, it has a chance of hitting the jet ski instead (or in case of AoE attacks, a percentage of the damage hits the vehicle), depending on the cover it provides, in which case the damage is tested against its resistences and the amount that penetrates those is deducted from the vehicle's durability. If the durability reaches zero, the vehicle is destroyed and you die (you never learned to swim).

That's it for now, guys. Let us know how all this sounds and I hope you're looking forward to some naval battles with pirates and worse things.
So cool. I can't remember the last time I got to ride any sort of vehicle or mount in an isometric RPG outside the world map. Let's hope it catches on.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
This is kind of awesome.

I'm really curious to hear more about the "Black Sea" and what our Jack will do snooping around there..

Aenra

So now we have a World of Warcraft expansion mounted combat too!

The Incline keeps on happening..!

..?..

edit: obligatory question, does it have cooldowns? The nerve of this guy, saying he'd do better than Fallout, that "it had issues", lol. Die in a fucking fire.

Tigranes

Arcane
The...what?

It's a weird thing to spend so much effort on. For it to really add value to Underrail there would have to be good set pieces and enemy types/abilities - not to mention player ones - that really take advantage of the 'mounted' combat system. Grenades to sink enemy jetskis or make them explode or whatever.

Aenra

Infinitron i'm not edgy, i'm loyal/persistent in regard to my principles.

This is a disgrace for a Fallout-inspired game. You guys think of it in any other way, not my fault you lost your way.
Remember his attitude in the Matt chat, the things he criticized/promised; and now have a closer fucking look at what he delivered: Cooldowns, respawns, trash fights, RNG vendoring and now mounted fucking combat for fuck's sake.
So no, i find me just fine, thanks.

/troll
This is pure glitter, i don't do edge ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack Dandy

Arcane
I don't remember Styg ever saying anything bad about changing cooldowns - He said it fit the game.

And, why would he change it suddenly for an expansion?

Aenra

I don't remember Styg ever saying anything bad about changing cooldowns - He said it fit the game.

And, why would he change it suddenly for an expansion?

You tag my comment as retarded, and then proceed to type the above, lol... read what i posted, then read your reply to me you fuckhead.
Of course he thinks it's fine you moron! That's the problem! And he's (sadly) not alone in that either.

P.S. and don't stick to them alone, this isn't just about CDs. It's about CDs + RNG vendors + respawns + trash fights + World of Warcraft mounted combat; ie the package in its entirety. And its reception thereof, despite of it all.

Now leave me to my glitter and go ask him for some DLC or something. Maybe some RMT while he's at it. I know WoW has it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack Dandy

Arcane
You tag my comment as retarded, and then proceed to type the above, lol... read what i posted, then read your reply to me you fuckhead.
Of course he thinks it's fine you moron! That's the problem! And he's (sadly) not alone in that either.

P.S. and don't stick to them alone, this isn't just about CDs. It's about CDs + RNG vendors + respawns + trash fights + World of Warcraft mounted combat; ie the package in its entirety. And its reception thereof, despite of it all.

Now leave me to my glitter and go ask him for some DLC or something. Maybe some RMT while he's at it. I know WoW has it.

Yeesh, okay, okay.
But why would you care about it now? I mean, for the expansion n' all? Or is it more of a case of "You guys are still retarded for liking this"? Because I can somewhat kinda understand that line of thinking, even if I don't agree

Aenra

I hear the game has gun combat too, just like Fallout 4. Decline.

Go wash with your grandfather, or what's left of him ^^

Jack Dandy i didn't start caring about it now, i care about it period. If you meant why post about it now, i didn't. Before the significantly younger (((jew))) thought it prevalent to indirectly criticize my daring to have an opposing view, i posted to shit on mounted combat; the latest gem in Underrail. Needless to say, you're welcome to see it differently. Just don't mean i'm wrong if you do.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
677899990_a86c98624d_z.jpg

About time someone acknowledged Water World as one of best post apo movies and decided to introduce its elements into game.

Styg , I just dont get that talk about unarmed being less effective:
015.jpg

First thing I thought when I read this news. Most underrated movie of all time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom