Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail builds. Let me post my fav one to get going.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Thank you very much for your reply, Sykar. I realize it's a glass cannon build and need to be very careful.

Skipping crafting is both a curse... and a blessing. I don't "waste" time on stuff I don't care much about.
That said... why Biology in your latest revision? I mean I did add 15 for the PSI hypos, but I don't see much reason to go further (unless I also had Electronics for the PSI headbands).
Mechanics I can well understand (snipers!), but then again, I guess you'd want some Electronics as well for the scopes/enhancements.

I'm going slightly less stealthy (that was never my style), so I'm skipping Interloper. But more boom (Metathermics) oriented. I also don't love the TK Punch (despite it's damage potential), so I've skipped Force User for now. Took Pyromaniac instead, which is proving very valuable vs living targets, especially ones that charge you. I'm still debating taking Thermodynamics.
But I see in your latest build you've even skipped Cryogenic Induction. Wasn't it a staple?

And I haven't put any points in Persuade so far. Wonder how much I'll miss it.

Sykar

Arcane
Thank you very much for your reply, Sykar. I realize it's a glass cannon build and need to be very careful.

Skipping crafting is both a curse... and a blessing. I don't "waste" time on stuff I don't care much about.
That said... why Biology in your latest revision? I mean I did add 15 for the PSI hypos, but I don't see much reason to go further (unless I also had Electronics for the PSI headbands).
Mechanics I can well understand (snipers!), but then again, I guess you'd want some Electronics as well for the scopes/enhancements.

I'm going slightly less stealthy (that was never my style), so I'm skipping Interloper. But more boom (Metathermics) oriented. I also don't love the TK Punch (despite it's damage potential), so I've skipped Force User for now. Took Pyromaniac instead, which is proving very valuable vs living targets, especially ones that charge you. I'm still debating taking Thermodynamics.
But I see in your latest build you've even skipped Cryogenic Induction. Wasn't it a staple?

And I haven't put any points in Persuade so far. Wonder how much I'll miss it.

I wanted to see how the Supersoldier drug works with this build, plain and simple.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
AFW? Eh, why? High crit chance I suppose. And above average crit damage. But the latter will be beaten badly by a Reaper with an Anatomy Aware Scope (175% Crit damage).
Could have a significant bonus to special attack damage with a Smart Module as well (like +20-50%?).

I started to dabble a bit in crafting as well. Up to 80 Mechanics and 30 Electronics ATM. At the cost of Evasion, Stealth, Psychokinetics, Thought Control and, to a lesser degree, lockpicking and hacking. Managed to buy a quality 100 Spearhead frame and 3 Rapid Reloaders. Still probably 1-2 levels before I can properly equip it with a decent Smart Module.

For now I'll craft a Bipod Reaper with Anatomy Scope and Rapid Reload I guess. Dragunov is very nice, but sometimes it doesn't pack quite enough punch.

Sykar

Arcane
AFW? Eh, why? High crit chance I suppose. And above average crit damage. But the latter will be beaten badly by a Reaper with an Anatomy Aware Scope (175% Crit damage).
Could have a significant bonus to special attack damage with a Smart Module as well (like +20-50%?).

I started to dabble a bit in crafting as well. Up to 80 Mechanics and 30 Electronics ATM. At the cost of Evasion, Stealth, Psychokinetics, Thought Control and, to a lesser degree, lockpicking and hacking. Managed to buy a quality 100 Spearhead frame and 3 Rapid Reloaders. Still probably 1-2 levels before I can properly equip it with a decent Smart Module.

For now I'll craft a Bipod Reaper with Anatomy Scope and Rapid Reload I guess. Dragunov is very nice, but sometimes it doesn't pack quite enough punch.

I meant for my last version who could not make his own Snipers and I never found a good rifle. Yeah, Dragunov is a good alternative but falls off late game in terms of damage.

hilfazer

Scholar
Intimidiate.

It's all right if you have high will and take Yell feat but otherwise it's pretty bad.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Sup bros, I may give it a try.

Any skills I should avoid? What's the Swimming Skill of this game?
There's no swimming skill in the game. I would advise though in a first playthrough to skip conversational skills and don't skip crafting skills.

And use this tool to plan your build.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
I agree. Persuasion has some impact on some quests... but it's possible to live with the consequences of not having it. I'd much rather have more varied gameplay and more options with some points in PSI skills for example (certain powers don't scale, autohit and work well even with dumped Will).

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Bartering is a safe bet, it won't change the plot, it won't change the enemies, it won't change much difficulty unless with a very specific build dependable on specific consumables like biology stimpacking machine, or chemical trap/pistol build.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Bartering is a safe bet, it won't change the plot, it won't change the enemies, it won't change much difficulty unless with a very specific build dependable on specific consumables like biology stimpacking machine, or chemical trap/pistol build.

You mean Mercantile?

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
My build:
Spiked TiChrome armor+TiChrome shock hammer+Claw+taser+molotovs+tabi+heavyweight belt=ownage
kMQodiJ.jpg

Ufj3nKz.jpg

K4nhX0h.jpg
gGe4TFp.jpg

Last edited:
Expeditions Build:

I name it nignog of the machete horde:
http://underrail.info.tm/build/?HgY...NSyoWwpnCjsKzEzzin4QB4qK1AuKyiAXisokC4rKSBd-_

6 str and versatality for Ar burst when flurry misses.
max dex as melee is primary and dex inc. melee crit chance
7 agi (can be 6 cause sprint but eh)
3 con
3 per
5 will (for feat pre req)
6 int (for weaponsmith; cna be 5 otherwise)

Idea is simple craft a tungsten curved machete; go for flurry and stack the onslaugt stacks. ofcourse keep flashbang/sting ball grenades for cc.
70 temporal manipulation for stasis.
I think the crafting/social skills reach thresholds; cannot be sure but other than that it should be quite self-explanatory

Last edited:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Here's my pure PSI build for the whole game, with expedition.

Very powerful, would recommend at least Hard difficulty. If you go full survival instincts mode (1 hp) it's a glass cannon, but wouldn't recommend it, SI is good even when used according to the situation.

It will also pass all persuasion checks and will open almost all locks and hacks.
You'll also craft anything you need and be stealthy enough to sneak up on enemies.

Code:
================================================================================
| PSI BUILD [Level: 30]                                                        |
================================================================================
ABILITIES :STR: 3   DEX: 3   AGI: 3   CON: 9
           PER: 3   WIL: 18[MAX]   INT: 9
SUBTERFUGE:Stealth: 136(90)   
           Hacking: 54(+bonus = 121)
           Lockpic: 81(+bonus = 130)
-------------------------------------
TECHNOLOGY:Mechani: 85(+bonus = 158)
           Electro: 73(+bonus = 136)
           Chemist: 15(+bonus = 33)
           Biology: 42(+bonus = 78)
           Tailori: 90(+bonus = 167)
PSI       :ThoughC: 160(353) [MAX]
           Psychok: 160(353) [MAX]
           Metatrm: 160(353) [MAX]
           TemporM: 75(167)
SOCIAL    :Persuas: 35(+bonus = 110)
           Mercant: 60(+bonus = 105)
REMAINING : 54 points
FEATS
(01)FAST METABOLISM           (01)SNOOPING            (02)PSYCHOSIS        
(04)FORCE USER               (06)PREMEDITATION       (08)PYROMANIAC
(10)PSIONIC MANIA           (12)NEURAL OVECLOCKING   (14)LOCUS OF CONTROL
(16)SURVIVAL INSTINCTS       (18)LAST STAND           (20)HEMOPSYCHOSIS
(22)PSYCHOSTATIC ELECTR       (24)PSYCHOTEMPORAL ACCEL(26)ADVANCED PSI EMPATHY
(28)INCREASED WILL           (30)EMPOWERED
Level 1-4: Hacking 30, Lockpic 30, Mechani 20, Psychok 30
           Metatrm 30, TemporM 30, Mercant 15
Level 5-8: Hacking 50, Lockpic 50, Mechani 36, Chemist 13, Tailori 36
           ThoughC 35, Psychok 50, Metatrm 50, TemporM 35,
           Persuas 30, Mercant 15
Level 9-12:Hacking 50, Lockpic 50,
           Mechani 36, Chemist 12, Biology 36, Tailori 36
           ThoughC 70, Psychok 70, Metatrm 70, TemporM 60,
           Persuas 30, Mercant 15
Level13-16:Hacking 50, Lockpic 50,
           Mechani 50, Chemist 15, Biology 36, Tailori 50
           ThoughC 75, Psychok 90, Metatrm 90, TemporM 75,
           Persuas 30, Mercant 60
IMPORTANT ITEMS:
Doctor's Pouch: Core City Upper, Residential underpass, room 2 / random loot.
Jackknife: Carried by raider holding civilians hostage in GMS compound level 3.
Huxkey: Given upon successful completion of "Old man Nosek" quest.
Hypercerebrix: Nexus of Technology (expedition)

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Why people go over 130 in crafting skills? You can get these workshops for +15% bonus, so you get ~150 points. There's basically no better items than 150 quality, if they do they are extremely rare and already in DC, so you pretty much don't craft there -you go there with your best gear already.

Sheepherder

Augur
The Oculus shop sells components up to 164 quality. With mercantile Institute weapons merchant sells components over 170 quality.
A shield with optional components at 164q needs 171 effective Electronics. Metal Armor with all plates also needs needs 170 effective mechanics. A leather armor with high quality components might need over 140 effective tailoring. Etc. etc.

jackofshadows

Magister
ghostdog I'm about to play yours or something close to it, few questions: does it matter at the end of the day which XP system to choose (I played game once on release with oddity, not sure if alternative even was back there tbh)? What are these huge skill bonuses apart from synergies, gear?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
ghostdog I'm about to play yours or something close to it, few questions: does it matter at the end of the day which XP system to choose (I played game once on release with oddity, not sure if alternative even was back there tbh)? What are these huge skill bonuses apart from synergies, gear?
It matters. The game for a long time now, has been balanced for oddity. People mostly use the xp system for quick leveling up when playing certain buils in dominating difficulty. So i'd suggest oddity.

The big PSI skill bonuses are from synergies, and mostly from WILL. No gear bonuses in those numbers.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
XP mode still give you oddities if you like to explore the lore, but Oddity mode force you to look for these actively. Oddity might be an interesting idea to play once, but then its absolutely not worth the time and effort. Some oddities drop from enemies only and for stealth characters on dominating difficulties that means...well tough luck.

Sheepherder

Augur
Maybe wait a little bit before starting a full psi playthrough. Styg said that the new update which will rebalance psi is coming out very soon. Supposedly it's in testing right now.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
XP mode still give you oddities if you like to explore the lore, but Oddity mode force you to look for these actively. Oddity might be an interesting idea to play once, but then its absolutely not worth the time and effort. Some oddities drop from enemies only and for stealth characters on dominating difficulties that means...well tough luck.
It's not about collecting all the oddities, it's about how you level up and with oddity it's much more balanced. With the xp system it's very likely to hit the livel cap much more quickly than with oddity.

Last edited:

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Anyone knows items and feats to stack critical damage of psi attacks? Neural overloading plus specialization[50%], psi headband with amplifier[avg.50-60%], pickled mushroom[40%], trance[100%]. That's 340-350% critical damage. Is it possible to go higher?

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom