Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Uncharted 4

Cruel Beans

Arbiter
After the mediocre Crash remake (those fucks at VV couldn't even get the hitboxes or physics right), would people be opposed to Naughty Dog making a platformer again, perhaps with a whole new property? Maybe the talent for that is gone from the studio now and it would turn out to be a mess like the aforementioned Crash and Yooka-Laylee turned out to be, but anything other than yet another linear cinematic experience would be very welcome.

Paul_cz

Arcane
its not an rpg faggot

So isn't Dishonored and it allowes for more playstyles. Or Splinter Cell Blacklist. etc

Would simply be a better game though.

Fagooot.

After the mediocre Crash remake (those fucks at VV couldn't even get the hitboxes or physics right), would people be opposed to Naughty Dog making a platformer again, perhaps with a whole new property? Maybe the talent for that is gone from the studio now and it would turn out to be a mess like the aforementioned Crash and Yooka-Laylee turned out to be, but anything other than yet another linear cinematic experience would be very welcome.

Nah, fuck platformers. I will take even these cinematic shooters over that.

I would like to see ND try their hand at open world RPG in Witcher 3 style, heavy on narrative and branching (they could leave out loot and what not). They would probably totally fail, but it would still be interesting to see.

Ezekiel

Arcane
I beat U4 a few days ago and finished replaying U1 today. Neither are very good shooters, but I noticed that I actually aim much better in U1. I think it's partly because the camera isn't so zoomed in in U1. I guess people think smaller fields of view are more cinematic and exciting. It's stupid.

2007:

uncharted-drakes-fortune-20071113035914163.jpg

2016:

uncharted-4-e3-2015-140218.jpg

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

Uncharted is such a piece of AAA consoletard garbage! If you took the exact same assets, same environments and mechanics, and arranged them in a way that offers multiple paths, secret paths, optional areas, and other things to explore and traverse, so that they form, you guessed it - video game levels, instead of a poorly-disguised linear path with scripted crumbling bricks that NEVER lead to any real danger (I mean, how fucking hard would it be to take the ever-present bricks crumbling under the main character's weight and turn it into a gameplay mechanic? like, if Drake hangs onto such a brick for too long, or has to grab it too many times, then it gives out and falls. instead it's a meaningless scripted event, fuck you naughty dog). Well, then it would be a real video game, and not an animated movie where the viewer has to hold the left stick in an upright position to make the main character go through the motions of the plot.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Yes, Uncharted are semi-interactive movies. Let's get all outraged about it now that the last game in the series was released years ago and the franchise is put to sleep.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

Yes, Uncharted are semi-interactive movies. Let's get all outraged about it now that the last game in the series was released years ago and the franchise is put to sleep.
Until PS5 comes out with Uncharted 5 as the launch title.

blrrmmmff

Scholar
Lol Wahlberg is Sullivan? That is a bad miscast if I ever seen one. You need someone with charisma, and Wahlberg has the charisma of a wooden block.

Don Peste

Arcane
Time to undust RPCS3 and see how it handles the first three games nowadays.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom