Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

UE4 StarWars renders from Obsidian

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hah. Is that the Unreal Engine-based project Feargus has hinted at?

Fry

Arcane
This is a just-for-fun personal project that we are all contributing to for no reason other than we are all a bunch of super Star Wars fans

Does seem odd that a bunch of Obsidian artists are putting so much time into UE4 when they have no announced projects using that engine.

Rev

Arcane
Does seem odd that a bunch of Obsidian artists are putting so much time into UE4 when they have no announced projects using that engine.
EA has the rights on Star Wars videogames, though. It would be odd for them to contact Obsidian when they have their internal studios to use for this kind of projects.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, it's a decent Unreal Engine training exercise.

Fry

Arcane
EA has the rights on Star Wars videogames, though. It would be odd for them to contact Obsidian when they have their internal studios to use for this kind of projects.

Nah, I don't really think Obsidian is working on a Star Wars game. Just wondering what all that UE4 time is going towards.

Latelistener

Arcane
Nah, I don't really think Obsidian is working on a Star Wars game. Just wondering what all that UE4 time is going towards.
Obviously they aren't going to make niche RPGs all the time, and adopting UE4 is a step in the right direction. If one guy managed to do this using UE4 market assets, imagine what even a small team of professionals could do.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
[link]

HighresScreenshot00072.jpg

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
They have to be making a new Star Wars game right? I don't believe so much stuff only as a fan work.....

Fry

Arcane
If they were officially working on a SW game, there's no way in hell it would be revealed like this.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Fairfax

Arcane
Seems they still have to learn how to change the FOV in UE4.

Reminder

Additionally http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...obsidian-and-christmas-sweater-etiquette.aspx

Obsidian had cool people, but there were a lot of projects that Obsidian wouldn't consider or couldn't consider – both internally and externally. There were even ones that Obsidian didn't know it couldn't do, some of which I discovered to my surprise after my departure (hypothetically, something with "Old" and "Republic" in the title).

I was just going to post that quote. :lol:

Well, it's a decent Unreal Engine training exercise.
Still, that took quite a few work hours (=$, if it was done in the office). The ships in particular are extremely detailed. Hard to believe it's a coincidence, considering what MCA said.
At least it wasn't a complete waste of time for them.

Plz make a new Dark Forces game to make Katarn canon again Obsidian.
We all want some Star Wars RPG mercenary action.

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
that tiny fov combined with the motion blur is really headache-inducing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom