Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Tyranny to release on November 10th of this year, gets new trailer and pre-order DLC

DeepOcean

Arcane
Solution is to abandon storyfaggotry
Wot? Are you interested on this game for the combat? Then you are crazy, sir. Bunch of ex MMO developers designing a RtwP game is fuck over fuck up, actually, there are generational layers of fuck ups over each other at this point. If someone dig deep enough they may find the fossil of the first Cuck LGBT White Guilt writer on the Biocenic period layer, people even named the discovered fossil David Gaider, some pansexual huge cockroach with six penises.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't think that is true, I have paid in total 300 EUR between PoE, WL2, and TToN - and now thinking Tyranny is not worth 42 eur but rather 25 makes me stingy?

Would 34 euros for a legal Steam key be more agreeable to you, assuming you can buy it (I'm not sure how regionalization works on that website) :

https://fr.gamesplanet.com/game/tyranny-commander-edition-steam-key--3128-1
That's sounds intriguing, though I am yet to send monies for Dwarf Fortress, which I think should take precedence. Also, Rimworld, Caves of Qud are on my shopping list above Tyranny.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Seriously, has anyone in the universe proved that if you market your more expensive editions with this crap they get more buyers?
You wouldn't believe if I told you that you make 25% more money off your game if you include stupid editions that give you literally nothing, but cost more?

Friend is selling a game on steam, saw his stats.

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
Wot? Are you interested on this game for the combat? Then you are crazy, sir. Bunch of ex MMO developers designing a RtwP game is fuck over fuck up, actually, there are generational layers of fuck ups over each other at this point. If someone dig deep enough they may find the fossil of the first Cuck LGBT White Guilt writer on the Biocenic period layer, people even named the discovered fossil David Gaider, some pansexual huge cockroach with six penises.

Pillars of Eternity was a rare modern RPG with an interesting combat system, even if it took playing on highest difficulty and grinding to the end battles to get there. Tyranny is streamlined and I hope it is streamlined in a good way, so that interesting battles start right after tutorial, no on 30th hour.

As for editions: some people want to support developers and rarely buy any games. For them there's not much difference between paying 40 or 50 bucks as long as it happens twice a year or something.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
atnmzc.png

So can we set up a business of Russians buying Tyranny for 12 dorrah and sharing it with comrades who are on assignment in the West?

Latelistener

Arcane
So can we set up a business of Russians buying Tyranny for 12 dorrah and sharing it with comrades who are on assignment in the West?
Even if we forget about AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting = No, all of the games bought in RU / CIS, South East Asia, South America and Turkey were regionally locked about a year ago.
You can use proxy, but the pimp will find your ass eventually, and it won't be pretty.
Steam Family Share may work I suppose, but it means owner won't be able to play anything.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Even if we forget about AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting = No, all of the games bought in RU / CIS, South East Asia, South America and Turkey were regionally locked about a year ago.
You can use proxy, but the pimp will find your ass eventually, and it won't be pretty.
Steam Family Share may work I suppose, but it means owner won't be able to play anything.
family sharing works if the receiver turn off their internet while playing.

so here is the mechanics:

if the receiver plays, then the owner opens a game, a notification will appear telling the receiver to close their game or it will be closed in 5 minutes.

there is a trick however,

1. either the owner plays in offline mode

2. the receiver, while in game (not offline mode!) alt+tab, disconnect their computer to the internet (steam will still recognize that it is online while your actual computer is not connected) therefore blocking the DRM/notification that forces the receiver to close their game.
obvs doesnt work with online games, but i've tested it with my cousin multiple time with single player games.

not the most elegant solution, but i think it is safe and it works

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Time limited quest?

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/10/17/tyranny-preview-tiers

Incline? Decline? Choose your side.

P.S: I think it could be a fresh plus if it's done well

If I understood correctly the entire game takes place in 8 days.

I don't think that's the case. I think this is the Edict that's lifted at the end of the siege scenario we saw in June.

New thread here: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...lay-footage-and-conquest-mode-details.111506/

Last edited:

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I hate time-limited gameplay mainly because I need to explore every nook and cranny while playing RPGs.

I just find them stressfull. Time limits were the prime reason why I played Fallout 2 and Pikmin 2 before the first games.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I hate time-limited gameplay mainly because I need to explore every nook and cranny while playing RPGs.

I just find them stressfull. Time limits were the prime reason why I played Fallout 2 and Pikmin 2 before the first games.
They are OK unless they are only made to fuck over one type of character, like how spirit meter in MotB worked. You could either play a LG guy or be full evil and siphon everyone soul. Try to play something in between and you got fucked in the ass by the time limit.

twincast

Learned
Patron
In My Safe Space
As an item-hoarding completionist myself, I very much understand the feeling, but I do nevertheless love the idea of it if implemented with enough leeway and indicators.

Visbhume

Prophet
Time limits make more sense when the game is shorter.

Also, given that the decisions you make during character creation already shape the world, it will be impossible not to "miss something" in a playthrough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom