Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Tyranny to release on November 10th of this year, gets new trailer and pre-order DLC

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
As if everyone isn't going to be playing this day one.
Get real for a second, what else is there it play at the moment that is new?
On another topic, paying for digitally signed wallpapers is worse or better than horse armor.. I can't decide.

ArchAngel

Arcane
As if everyone isn't going to be playing this day one.
Get real for a second, what else is there it play at the moment that is new?
On another topic, paying for digitally signed wallpapers is worse or better than horse armor.. I can't decide.
Civ 6? :)
And I can probably get more roleplay out of that game as well :P

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I wasn't aware this was coming out this year (I really have not been paying attention to this).

Not too sure what I think about this game so far. Won't pre-order but might get it at a sale maybe.
Yup me too, might but it after release depending on the general opinion
It looks good and the setting might be fun to be honest... still unhappy about combat system

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Wow, wasn't expecting Tyranny to come out this soon - though with the US election less than a month away, I suppose it sort of makes sense!

I'm not at all a fan of pre-order DLC, though, and no physical editions is a weird decision as well - which will probably mean waiting for a Steam sale for me.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Okay, let's see:

Brian Heins: Game Director on Tyranny / Zone Lead on Wildstar
Megan Starks: Narrative Designer on Tyranny / Zone Lead on Wildstar
Robert Land: Narrative Designer and Level Designer on Tyranny / Lead Quest Designer on Wildstar
Tim Cain: ? on Tyranny / Design Director on Wildstar
Scott Hafner: Level Designer on Tyranny / Zone Lead on Wildstar

We'll have to wait for the Tyranny credits to be released to find the others, but this is a good start.

It is beyond me how Wildstar did not bury WoW and is actually not super popular. The mind boggles. It literally has way better everything than WoW, but WoW is simple enough for retarded kids since they removed every possible chardev choice and everything is the exact same so appeals to stupids and little children.

Roqua you should definitely give Tyranny a look.

I definitely have always planned on it. Anything any of the three Troika guys do is autobuys for me as long as they have heavy rpg elements (and is why I skipped Diablo 3). I'll buy Anything Tim Cain puts out. I think all crpg fans owe it to him to blindly buy anything he makes - good, bad, and ugly - because we owe him more than buying everything he makes will ever pay off our debt for.

Hi Tim.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Special editions come with signed digital wallpapers but not with rare Pepes?
Who on Earth would buy that?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I have no idea why anyone would expect this to be budget-priced given how anything and everything have been priced in the past.

That being said, if $45 proves too high for Paradox's target audience, then the market will quickly correct itself with a holiday sale. :M

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Okay, let's see:

Tim Cain: ? on Tyranny / Design Director on Wildstar

We'll have to wait for the Tyranny credits to be released to find the others, but this is a good start.

Roqua you should definitely give Tyranny a look.

I definitely have always planned on it. Anything any of the three Troika guys do is autobuys for me as long as they have heavy rpg elements (and is why I skipped Diablo 3). I'll buy Anything Tim Cain puts out. I think all crpg fans owe it to him to blindly buy anything he makes - good, bad, and ugly - because we owe him more than buying everything he makes will ever pay off our debt for.
KYZCLIP.gif

But what role does he play in the Tyranny development?

Perhaps someone possesses leaked info about that ... or something?

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
In Aussieland GOG works out slightly better than Steam/Paradox by about $8.

Worth the extra $8 to not have to deal with GOG's shit client and shit patching procedures.
This. PoE GOG patching is a pain, installers name has the installer version instead of the actual patch version, and the base game and each wm part gets its own installer instead of simply having a check.

Another problem with GOG is that developers treat their users as second class next to steam. Patches always late and some games even lack updates/dlc.

Latelistener

Arcane
Infinitron won't let me add this to the OP, but Tyranny also offers in-game items as pre-order DLC:

gZWSd88.jpg

Fatebinder's Seal
  • The seal of a Fatebinder is used to stamp documents with Tunon's sigil. Though modest in appearance, the seal is a representation of Kyros' legal approval. Merely holding it impresses upon the wielder a sense of authority.
  • Accessory
  • Grants +2 Resolve

Commander’s Will
  • These boots have been passed down the ranks of Northern soldiers who distinguish themselves as promising leaders.
  • Leather Boots
  • Trigger on Party Kill: Remove a hostile effect from each active party member
    (Only usable by Player)
:killit:

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
The lack of enthusiasm for this one in stark contrast to PoE leads me to believe this one will be much better. I also like the release date, it's fitting.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Will wait for a massive sale and I'll try it before I buy it. It's 40 euro over here and for an Eastern Bloc country that's a lot. Not to mention Dungeon Rats coming. I still weep over my kickstarted copy of PoE and haven't played the expansion yet.

kris

Arcane
I think I adapted to the kickstarter RPGs now. I was surprised to see this come out "so soon", thinking it is at least a year more until it is out.

Fever

Educated
Indeed, nice to see a change of pace from the Kickstarter syndrome.
Certain to get Tyranny on day one, since I got no isometric rpgs to play right now.
I dislike EA so I won't touch D:OS2 for now and I don't plan on playing TToN ever anytime soon. Also, I can't bring myself to experience the "new" Vogel game.
So bring it on, Obsidian!
I only hope Dungeon Rats gets released before the 10th, so I'll have my hands full in the meantime.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Bought, 12 dollars in my country.
How is that possible? Usually GOG has pretty good deals for adjusted prices here in Mexico bit the cheapest is 40 dolars which with the current exchange rate is almost the cost of release titles in consoles... couldnt we do like a scheme where someone in easter Europe buys a wholoe lot of keys and we pay for them? I rather do that and buy the game legit right away rather than pirate it or wait for a sale mid year

Sannom

Augur
How is that possible? Usually GOG has pretty good deals for adjusted prices here in Mexico bit the cheapest is 40 dolars which with the current exchange rate is almost the cost of release titles in consoles... couldnt we do like a scheme where someone in easter Europe buys a wholoe lot of keys and we pay for them?
You might as well buy them on the disreputable key sellers, as that is pretty much how they work.

ArchAngel

Arcane
How is that possible? Usually GOG has pretty good deals for adjusted prices here in Mexico bit the cheapest is 40 dolars which with the current exchange rate is almost the cost of release titles in consoles... couldnt we do like a scheme where someone in easter Europe buys a wholoe lot of keys and we pay for them?
You might as well buy them on the disreputable key sellers, as that is pretty much how they work.
No, those ALSO use stolen credit cards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom