Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Tyranny to release on November 10th of this year, gets new trailer and pre-order DLC

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bubbles And they've got a guy at inXile too! (perhaps more?)

twincast

Learned
Patron
In My Safe Space
But, you know 11.11.11 was Skyrim's day. Arkane wants to repeat that. Tyranny should come out 10.10.16 to keep the numberphiles. :obviously:
To me the 11th of November will forever be first and foremost
PockyDay2015_Header.png

Apexeon

Arcane
Pre-order DLC.

Enough said.

"Pillars of eternal blandness kickstarter" so they could make this and flog DLC.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
At the very least, more Codex branded drama would make this release enjoyable. Otherwise if it turns out to be good (and most likely gets some more DLC), I'll buy a cheap version of the GOTY (or equivalent) edition a few years down the line.

hpstg

Savant
I hope that the edginess and the cliché crap where just there for the press/marketing to grab the post-Dota angst-filled teenagers, and that an interesting game lurks within.

Can't wait for the Codex review.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Okay, let's see:

Brian Heins: Game Director on Tyranny / Zone Lead on Wildstar
Megan Starks: Narrative Designer on Tyranny / Zone Lead on Wildstar
Robert Land: Narrative Designer and Level Designer on Tyranny / Lead Quest Designer on Wildstar
Tim Cain: ? on Tyranny / Design Director on Wildstar
Scott Hafner: Level Designer on Tyranny / Zone Lead on Wildstar

We'll have to wait for the Tyranny credits to be released to find the others, but this is a good start.

It is beyond me how Wildstar did not bury WoW and is actually not super popular. The mind boggles. It literally has way better everything than WoW, but WoW is simple enough for retarded kids since they removed every possible chardev choice and everything is the exact same so appeals to stupids and little children.

Roqua you should definitely give Tyranny a look.

I definitely have always planned on it. Anything any of the three Troika guys do is autobuys for me as long as they have heavy rpg elements (and is why I skipped Diablo 3). I'll buy Anything Tim Cain puts out. I think all crpg fans owe it to him to blindly buy anything he makes - good, bad, and ugly - because we owe him more than buying everything he makes will ever pay off our debt for.

DemonKing

Arcane
In Aussieland GOG works out slightly better than Steam/Paradox by about $8.

Looking forward to this + Dishonored 2 and Battlefield 1. I'm not fond of some of the directions taken with regards to combat but looking forward to see if they success in really letting us be evil as opposed to just greedy/cruel like most CRPGS.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You dumb fucks forget that these are the special editions. PoE also had the special edition on pre-orders at first, and later the normal edition was up for cheaper. But it is easier to vomit shit than use your beetle sized brains, amirite?

D!!

Educated
Obsidian's games only have minor bugs and playable at launch since Dungeon Siege 3. Please, slit your wrists with your edge!

Minor bugs like dissapearing items or enemies stats that stacks to insanely high amounts after each use of Load Game function? I fucking love every Obsidian game, except for somewhat dissaponting PoE, but some things never change. Probably, with a game that 25 hours long they can do better QA, but then there is Paradox for you with DLCs and never ending balance patches.

Turjan

Arcane
You dumb fucks forget that these are the special editions. PoE also had the special edition on pre-orders at first, and later the normal edition was up for cheaper. But it is easier to vomit shit than use your beetle sized brains, amirite?
Let's see with a snapshot from today:

Pillars of Eternity: Hero Edition €41.99
Pillars of Eternity: Champion Edition €54.99
Pillars of Eternity: Royal Edition €82.99

with the "Hero Edition" being the "normal edition".

Hmm, looks vaguely familiar.

Tyranny: Commander Edition €41.99
Tyranny: Archon Edition €54.99
Tyranny: Overlord Edition €73.99

Yeah...

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Yeah...
Yeah... If you want to pay a lot of money, you can buy at the most expensive store. Or you can buy it at a cheaper place.
k03C3gb.jpg

And thank Steam's pricing policy by the was to think that 1 dollar = 1 euro. What americans buy for 40 dollar, we get for 40 euros.

Last edited:

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Yeah...
Yeah... If you want to pay a lot of money, you can buy at the most expensive store. Or you can buy it at a cheaper place.
k03C3gb.jpg
Cheaper, as in buying it in Hungary?

Turjan

Arcane
k03C3gb.jpg
You still haven't grasped that gog.com uses regional pricing, obviously. Across Hungary's western border, it's €41.99 on gog.com as of today.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
k03C3gb.jpg
You still haven't grasped that gog.com uses regional pricing, obviously. Across Hungary's western border, it's €41.99 on gog.com as of today.
It's not my problem that you are living at the wrong place.

Kobe+Bryant+shrugs+his+shoulders+during+the+first+2011+Laker+pre-season+game.JPG

Come to Hungary. Cheaper prices, no migrants!

Turjan

Arcane
It's not my problem that you are living at the wrong place.

Come to Hungary. Cheaper prices, no migrants!
I guess that's why we have so many Hungarians living here.

Also, nice try at distracting from your claim that we don't see the "normal edition" of Tyranny in that published list. That price table I posted up there is from gog.com.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Also, nice try at distracting from your claim that we don't see the "normal edition" of Tyranny in that published list. That price table I posted up there is from gog.com.
Whatever. I can't check the prices of other countries in my GOG account, I only see the 31 euro one. OK, the Commander Edition of Tyranny will be the normal edition, just like the hero edition with PoE. The prices what I see are still decent.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom