Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Tyranny to release on November 10th of this year, gets new trailer and pre-order DLC

Mark Richard

Arcane
There's basically no point in buying games on launch anymore because they are never finished.
True dat. Launch day titles are the worst version of the game at the highest price.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Not going to lie I'm actually looking forward to playing this game, despite some of the mechanical decisions I'm not happy about. Pillars grew on me a lot, and I'm curious to see if they did a better job of world building here.

I'd be more interested to see if they did better at combat-building.

Or even non-shit combatbuilding.

nomask7

Arcane
Damn. I prefer through-the-eyes and over-the-shoulder perspectives, but this game sounds pretty interesting. I bet they got the idea of a world ruled by evil from me. :lol:

Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Are they on drugs?
ie0b9Fm.png

Dreed

They really are pushing this "evil won" thing too far.

D!!

Educated
Shit, I need to finish Baldur's Gate 2 before Tranny release. Oh, wait, this is Obsidian. Nevermind. After 1 year of patches it will be playable.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Shit, I need to finish Baldur's Gate 2 before Tranny release. Oh, wait, this is Obsidian. Nevermind. After 1 year of patches it will be playable.
Obsidian's games only have minor bugs and playable at launch since Dungeon Siege 3. Please, slit your wrists with your edge!

Zanzoken

Arcane
I feel like they've done a terrible job of marketing this game.

Actually I think the marketing strategy has been very respectable. They announced the game less than a year ago, have published a steady stream of teasers and updates, and are now on the verge of hitting their promised release date.

Contrast that with Wasteland 3 which is three full years away, and that's assuming they hit their initial target (WL2 was delayed almost a year). That's the norm in the industry now, you have to wait forever for games and delays are the rule not the exception.

The problem with Tyranny is it's just a shit game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Contrast that with Wasteland 3 which is three full years away, and that's assuming they hit their initial target (WL2 was delayed almost a year). That's the norm in the industry now, you have to wait forever for games and delays are the rule not the exception.

What. If anything, there's a recent trend of announcing games close to their release - Fallout 4 is a notable example.

Wasteland 3 is "announced" now because they're crowdfunding it, duh.

Last edited:

Zanzoken

Arcane

That's like the opposite of the truth. There's a growing tendency towards announcing games close to their release. Fallout 4 is a notable example.

Wasteland 3 is "announced" now because they're crowdfunding it, duh.

Fallout 4 is no more relevant to cRPG discussion than Call of Duty.

Crowdfunding is a big part of it, sure. Obsidian/Paradox could've done a campaign for this game, too, but they didn't. All I'm saying is as a consumer it's nice to not have to wait forever for something and it's nice to see somebody deliver something on time.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Well, if you'd known the game was in development since the beginning of 2014 you would have been waiting. :M

Did you post that link to remind us of Brian Heins's track record?

Games he worked on

Dragon Realms (Programmer/Designer)
Earth and Beyond (Senior Designer)
Ultima X: Odyssey (System/Tech Designer)
Bully / Canis Canem Edit (Senior Mission Designer)
Dwarves / New Jersey (Lead Level Designer/Also some system design IIRC Annie correctly)
Golden Axe (Lead Level Designer)
Stargate: Worlds (Senior Content/Mission Designer)
Unannounced Action game at Propaganda Games (Lead Level Designer)
Wildstar (Zone Lead)

Tyranny might be the closest thing to a Wildstar team reunion we're ever going to get.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Okay, let's see:

Brian Heins: Game Director on Tyranny / Zone Lead on Wildstar
Megan Starks: Narrative Designer on Tyranny / Zone Lead on Wildstar
Robert Land: Narrative Designer and Level Designer on Tyranny / Lead Quest Designer on Wildstar
Tim Cain: ? on Tyranny / Design Director on Wildstar
Scott Hafner: Level Designer on Tyranny / Zone Lead on Wildstar

We'll have to wait for the Tyranny credits to be released to find the others, but this is a good start.

It is beyond me how Wildstar did not bury WoW and is actually not super popular. The mind boggles. It literally has way better everything than WoW, but WoW is simple enough for retarded kids since they removed every possible chardev choice and everything is the exact same so appeals to stupids and little children.

Roqua you should definitely give Tyranny a look.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom