Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Tyranny to release on November 10th of this year, gets new trailer and pre-order DLC

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Paradox Interactive; Tyranny

From our bountiful Codex inbox:

STOCKHOLM and IRVINE, Calif. — Oct. 13, 2016 — Paradox Interactive today unveiled the release date for Tyranny, the new role-playing game (RPG) from Obsidian Entertainment.Tyranny, a game that challenges players to find their place in an original fantasy realm where evil has conquered the known world, will be available for Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs on November 10, 2016. Starting today, players can pre-order Tyranny in advance of the game’s launch, and secure bonus material that will help demonstrate their loyalty to Kyros the Overlord.

See what fate awaits the Tiers in a new trailer for Tyranny:

Pre-orders for Tyranny are available in three versions, all of which will include bonus content and extras alongside the full game.

In Tyranny, the grand war between good and evil has already finished – and the forces of evil, led by Kyros the Overlord, have won. Players interact with the populace to inspire loyalty, disgust, or fear as they roam the world as an officer in Kyros’ forces, empowered to act as both judge and executioner. A nonlinear story offers players the chance to roam and alter the world as they see fit, and provides a highly replayable experience.​

Hurry over to Tyranny's Steam store page so you can get that Overlord Edition!

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Infinitron won't let me add this to the OP, but Tyranny also offers in-game items as pre-order DLC:

gZWSd88.jpg

Fatebinder's Seal
  • The seal of a Fatebinder is used to stamp documents with Tunon's sigil. Though modest in appearance, the seal is a representation of Kyros' legal approval. Merely holding it impresses upon the wielder a sense of authority.
  • Accessory
  • Grants +2 Resolve

Commander’s Will
  • These boots have been passed down the ranks of Northern soldiers who distinguish themselves as promising leaders.
  • Leather Boots
  • Trigger on Party Kill: Remove a hostile effect from each active party member
    (Only usable by Player)

Last edited:

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
Not going to lie I'm actually looking forward to playing this game, despite some of the mechanical decisions I'm not happy about. Pillars grew on me a lot, and I'm curious to see if they did a better job of world building here.

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
"Merely holding it impresses upon the wielder a sense of authority." This is probably true for any person holding a stamp seal :)
Edit: Embarrassing typo.

Last edited:

Ignatius Reilly

Scholar
Well, I've got nothing to play and nothing coming up, so I guess I'll buy this.

I just hope they learned some things from PoE. i.e. No 40 minute exposition dumps. Who is writing this?

Prime Junta

I thought evil was supposed to triumph on Nov 8.

Edit: anyone figure out what the differences between the editions are?

Prime Junta

:me actually reads post:

Oh okay then. Silly me, went and looked on the Steam and Paradox pages instead.

Thonius

Arcane
Though it's not mentioned in the announcement, Tyranny also offers in-game items as pre-order DLC:

gZWSd88.jpg

Fatebinder's Seal
  • The seal of a Fatebinder is used to stamp documents with Tunon's sigil. Though modest in appearance, the seal is a representation of Kyros' legal approval. Merely holding it impresses upon the wielder a sense of authority.
  • Accessory
  • Grants +2 Resolve

Commander’s Will
  • These boots have been passed down the ranks of Northern soldiers who distinguish themselves as promising leaders.
  • Leather Boots
  • Trigger on Party Kill: Remove a hostile effect from each active party member
    (Only usable by Player)
Looks like some sexual thing.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Wow, a signed wallpaper, need to have that, if you keep the signatures in good state it might be worth a lot of money in the future.

Seriously, has anyone in the universe proved that if you market your more expensive editions with this crap they get more buyers? If I was a whale and had extra money to spend to support my favourite developers and they pulled this crap I would pirate it instead.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've got shares in Paradox. Getting a copy in support (Lie: I'd get anyway). I hope their stock can rise somewhat and that they don't have ridicilous expectations.

Thonius

Arcane
By the way magic boots are the most retarded Item you can possible imagine. Especially ones that were passed trough generations. I mean imagine all the smell! And even worse what if original owner got foot issues like fungus or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom