Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tyranny + Bastard's Wound Expansion Thread

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
USGamer got Obsidian's statement on the Paradox interview: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/tyranny-thread.111973/page-81#post-5113829

PCGamesN's report regarding Tyranny raised some questions of how Obsidian and Paradox would be moving forward from the title. "Of course you want the game to do well," said Obsidian PR manager Mikey Dowling when USgamer reached out to the California video game developers for a statement. "The game has legs though, and we're confident people will come to it...people are still discovering Alpha Protocol," added Dowling.

According to Obsidian, Tyranny faced a stiff holiday competition that contributed to some of the game's sales figures. When pressed about how Tyranny's sales affects the company's future plans, Dowling opted not to comment, but said that games like the Pillars of Eternity (which we call on of Obsidian's best RPGs) sequel were still in the plans.

Paradox, the Swedish publisher, partnered with Obsidian to release Tyranny to PCs on November 10, 2016 where, riding on a wave of nostalgia for classic PC RPGs and a strong, unique story, the game failed to ignite sales. "Everyone was hoping it would do better," said Paradox Vice President Shams Jorjani. "Tyranny did ok," said Paradox CEO Fred Wester.

Both Paradox and Obsidian say they are proud to have released a game like Tyranny, which the companies say is deep and unique, and on many people's lists. "I'm super confident that the gamers will go back to it," said Dowling.

Tyranny's setback has not deterred either companies from wanting to work with each other in the future. Dowling says Obsidian is absolutely interested in working with Paradox again, while the Swedish publisher echoes similar sentiments. "[Obsidian's] a great team, super talented. Who knows? We might just work together again some time in the future."

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
PC Gaming Show announcement?

The PC Gaming Show is on the 12th, but maybe they announce it there, release on the 13th?

Anyway, that image might be a clue as to what exactly the DLC is. Any ideas?

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Looks like a volcano. Any of those mentioned in the game? I forget.

Yes, the Contested Lands

20161108121129_1.jpg

skycycle

Educated
Nice to see that Tyranny willl get more content, given the reportedly lower than expected sales that is probably a good sign for Obsidian. I was hoping to get some info on what the Boyarsky/Cain project is on E3, but I guess that's too much to ask for :D Still keeping my fingers crossed for the near future..

Anyone with a bit more knowledge on the possible Contested Lands setting?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It was actually decently reactive until the fucking horrendous last part where yoi get a wide array of choices rebellin against kyros and no option at all to be neutral and loyal

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
It was actually decently reactive until the fucking horrendous last part where yoi get a wide array of choices rebellin against kyros and no option at all to be neutral and loyal
I'm not sure what you played, but my experience is completely different. Options were extremely few and far between, even for minor actions, and every opportunity to go against anything was either full-blown rebellion at a supremely odd point or by an extremely odd act.

Try to play someone that's not an asshole but that still wants to genuinely give Kyro's peace to the region. Even the most reasonable stuff past the prologue is insanely off, such as having to kill a group of malnourished warriors for no real reason, unless you happen to find them while belonging to another faction, at which point you can let them go and they don't immediately identify you and attack you. The entire game is full of absurdities such as that.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wouldn't surprise me if they took some notes from our reviews. I asked somebody at Obsidian recently how many people were still working on the game. It's more than a handful - not just like a writer and a programmer or something like that.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Options were extremely few and far between, even for minor actions, and every opportunity to go against anything was either full-blown rebellion at a supremely odd point or by an extremely odd act.

Try to play someone that's not an asshole but that still wants to genuinely give Kyro's peace to the region. Even the most reasonable stuff past the prologue is insanely off, such as having to kill a group of malnourished warriors for no real reason, unless you happen to find them while belonging to another faction, at which point you can let them go and they don't immediately identify you and attack you. The entire game is full of absurdities such as that.

Now let's ponder on why AoD could be blamed for the exact same faults (being an asshole stretching it(lol)), while still being a masterpiece.

It's because of delusions and quarterly financial reports :argh:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom