Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tyranny + Bastard's Wound Expansion Thread

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Whoever added my spam-mail to the Democrats mailing list, I salute you :lol:

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Where do you think it's going to rank in the 2016 goty poll though

Its competition is Siege of Dragonspear

If Siege of Dragonspear is in, then Blood and Wine counts as well. The White March is more problematic, since it's not a separate campaign and requires you to play the base game to start it. Same with Shadows of Hong Kong.

Dungeon Rats

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Their "You're an Archon" revelation was probably their plot twist.

Sizzle

Arcane
So apparently this game has not plot twist like, at all? Color me really surprised, I always pictured this as a "this will fucking obviously have a plot twist" kind of game.

I'm partially relieved about no "turns out you were Kyros all along! :happytrollboy:" though.

If by plot twist you mean the tired old BioWareian The Revan is You!, then - no.

Just finished.31 hours in and barely scratched the surface. I completed on normal and, if I didn't pick Sirin over Verse and sleep at the tiers to gain attributes, I would have my ass kicked in the final chapter. I liked it more than Pillars because of no backer NPC and the length that is more appropriate. A shame we still don't have random encounters, because now, with no hard cap I could really seen it's potential.
Really hoping for new content soon! A great ride. Hoe to read the Codex review tomorrow.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The big twist will be in the DLC.

Although it's already pretty twist-y that

Barik and Verse are biological siblings.

I think they did the same thing in a Final Fantasy game once and it was very moving.

Deleted member 7219

Finished two playthroughs now.

It's a good game, though no where near as good as KOTOR 2 or New Vegas, and not as good as Pillars of Eternity.

I'd rank it around the same as Mask of the Betrayer. Lots of trash, filler combat like MotB (people forget just how much mindless combat there was in MotB).

The different paths and multiple endings were a nice touch. NPCs and companion characters were interesting. It was nice to not have towns of backer NPCs everywhere, the abilities system made different character builds much more viable than Pillars, and evil playthroughs were much more accommodated.

There's potential if Tyranny 2 has you go to the north to take on Kyros, only to find that the reason Kyros wanted to conquer everything was to prepare for a greater evil. I'd really like to see Obsidian push out the weird factor if possible. Just go all out.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
The big twist will be in the DLC.

Although it's already pretty twist-y that

Barik and Verse are biological siblings.

I think they did the same thing in a Final Fantasy game once and it was very moving.
That was a p. weak twist. A random dialogue option just popped and they just go oh yeah we found that out in the most random way. And that was it.

Companion interaction in this game is weird in general, you exhaust 99% as soon as you meet them.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Looking forward to whenever they inevitably confirm that companion quests, an expected feature, were planned and cut, and this was the best mess they could leave behind to salvage them.

Deleted member 7219

Looking forward to whenever they inevitably confirm that companion quests, an expected feature, were planned and cut, and this was the best mess they could leave behind to salvage them.

The game could have been so much better if it had those. They must have been cut - it's impossible to raise any character's loyalty to 5 as far I can see, it requires a special 'event' which, in two playthroughs, I haven't been able to trigger for anyone.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The game could have been so much better if it had those. They must have been cut - it's impossible to raise any character's loyalty to 5 as far I can see, it requires a special 'event' which, in two playthroughs, I haven't been able to trigger for anyone.

Sounds like the kind of thing that would happen in act four of a five act game.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
A shame we still don't have random encounters

That's what the Skirmishes were meant to compensate for. You were going to unlock them through a quest in the Scarlet Chorus camp in Act 1, and then the game would spawn a bunch of randomly generated "Clash" and "Retrieve" scenarios on the world map.

Sentinel

Arcane
Glad there aren't skirmishes. Random encounters have never been good ever. And I can't imagine random encounters forcing me to fight EVEN MORE humans.

Bonerbill

Augur
Glad there aren't skirmishes. Random encounters have never been good ever. And I can't imagine random encounters forcing me to fight EVEN MORE humans.

Random encounters don't necessarily mean just random battles. It also mean random story events, meeting characters on the road, and Easter eggs like in other RPGs.

Prime Junta

I maxed out the Loyalty of a couple of my companions.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I didn't max out the loyally of any companion, but then again, I can't say that I was very nice to them. I didn't really care about max loyalty. I only went for that with Voices of Nerat. I did have max fear on almost every companion, though.

hell bovine

Arcane

Reputations can be also affected by your choices during the conquest. Here is Eb's shortly after joining the party (I'm not sure that fear meter can go any higher :D):
qp1d2d.jpg
Choosing the opposite during conquest and answering her questions nicely during the first meeting would probably get you close to four shiny loyalty points already.

bminorkey

It's a good game, though no where near as good as KOTOR 2 or New Vegas, and not as good as Pillars of Eternity.

I'd rank it around the same as Mask of the Betrayer. Lots of trash, filler combat like MotB (people forget just how much mindless combat there was in MotB)..

so for you:

kotor2 = new vegas > PoE > MotB = Tyranny

what are you taking because i want in

Lhynn

Arcane

I'd rank it around the same as Mask of the Betrayer. Lots of trash, filler combat like MotB (people forget just how much mindless combat there was in MotB).

The different paths and multiple endings were a nice touch. NPCs and companion characters were interesting. It was nice to not have towns of backer NPCs everywhere, the abilities system made different character builds much more viable than Pillars, and evil playthroughs were much more accommodated.

There's potential if Tyranny 2 has you go to the north to take on Kyros, only to find that the reason Kyros wanted to conquer everything was to prepare for a greater evil. I'd really like to see Obsidian push out the weird factor if possible. Just go all out.
:lol:

Sentinel

Arcane
PicardDoubleFacepalm-1.jpg

I felt like the whole post was retarded but this last bit takes the cake imo. Why would you want them to use the oldest cliché in the block?
It's like saying "I really wish they have you join forces with Kyros after you find out that an ancient evil dragon has awakened and wants to destroy the whole world in Tyranny 2"

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I don't think they should do that out of respect for Avellone who never got to do his "Revan and Exile team up to take on the True Sith" story.

Remember, it was Avellone, not Bioware, who set that up. :)

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
The problem with this game is it seems inspired by modern bioware style crap instead of classic rpgs, both story and combat wise, except its done in an isometric + nominally old school aesthetic so it doesn't even appeal to casuals. Worst of both worlds.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom