Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tyranny Pre-Release Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
With "off-brand" games like these, there's often a tendency for game journalists to review them a bit more harshly (or maybe lazily) than they do a "flagship title" (like Pillars of Eternity)

Neanderthal

Arcane
Barik, a noble Disfavored soldier trapped inside of a suit of slowly rusting armor, stands as one of the more tragic characters. Unable to remove any piece of his steel skin, he's forced to shit and piss on himself. At one point, we even had a sobering conversation about his inability to have sex or masturbate. That conversation wasn't played up for laughs, but afforded a painful glimpse into Barik's living hell.
I was going to wait until I finished the game to judge the companions, but if that's Barik's struggle, he stays just as bad.

If companions like Barik were afforded loyalty missions or more involved side stories, they could easily rival the genre's most memorable.
Why was this guy so touched by the fact Mr. Armour shits himself?

Reminds me on a David Gemmel book (bit shit) where a bloke trapped in a suit on armour were slowly strangling to death on his own beard, pretty good mechanic I thought.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
With "off-brand" games like these, there's often a tendency for game journalists to review them a bit more harshly (or maybe lazily) than they do a "flagship title" (like Pillars of Eternity)
i thought since it is published by another company the bribe budget will be bigger. well, they played their "help, we are gonna go bankrupt!" card with PoE. that's kinda a free pass for players and journos alike to appeal to their pathos.

Fairfax

Arcane
Guess the AMA and the reviews seems to have helped the game. It's at #1 on Steam, above Dishonored 2 (which comes out tomorrow).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
soo uhh is it a flop?
Look at who wrote that article.

John Walker said:
Oh, and it’s worth making clear, while the game looks like Pillars, and in lots of ways plays like it, the games’ stories and lore don’t overlap. It took me forever to realise this, I admit, as I kept trying to draw associations that aren’t there. I am silly.

:retarded:
john walker is an epic flop of a human being

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom