Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Tyranny Intro Movie and Character Creation Stream + Dev Diary Video #1

Thonius

Arcane
Kyros is a women? figures.
Equality and inclusivity. Or maybe it depends on your character background.
On a side note why not? I dont quite remember any game with female antogonist.
Who said Kyros is the antagonist?
Speculation. You're either gonna confront him/her/them directly/indirectly because your super evil or because you`re not evil, or because you're greedy or something. Also they just literally stated that he is a bad guy here.
Or there is a greater evil twist.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There's a lesser evil twist. It's pretty clear that they're not going to pull out Kyros him/herself for this game. Kyros isn't even geographically located in the Tiers where the game takes place.

I could see any of the Archons being the game's final antagonist, possibly more than one of them (different end boss depending on your choices)

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I think they have the gender set already, unless kyros has a very small presence in game, I thought they would leave the gender down to a player choice, especially in a fully voiced rpg.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Two possible cases:

1) Kyros' gender is actually a secret in the lore of the world, in which case Obsidian's guy just spoiled us.

2) Kyros' gender is still unknown (they haven't decided yet), and Obsidian's guy is referring to him as a female just for the heck of it.
Maybe it's just their politics of always using female pronoun now.

So basically xir from Obsidian is a walking talking D&D core book. Except using she/he randomly when talking about something as undefined as player character has a modicum of sense.. for an established character it has none.

DeepOcean

Arcane
The only thing that matters is that beard, there must be a civilization hidden in there.

Darkzone

Arcane
We are going to have a transgender villain that fucks up the world, instead of the boring standard cisgender white male. Finally even the SJW of Obsidian have realised where this degeneration is heading to.
I hate the Obsidian RPG system, where you cannot make a good or bad built, because to figure out a maximised build is also half of the fun.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
You "can't make a bad build" because the game is piss easy and any character can steamroll it.

You can figure out a maximized build, it just makes no difference.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I actually liked what they showed in the video. Good tidings for PoE2. And the theme was catchy.

Darkzone

Arcane
You "can't make a bad build" because the game is piss easy and any character can steamroll it.
You can figure out a maximized build, it just makes no difference.

Sad but true. Killing the failure as an option (in a game a player should have a good probability to fail) is a bad game design in my opinion (game reward: participation ribbons and the lie that the player has accomplished something), but it seems to sell.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom