Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Tyranny Intro Movie and Character Creation Stream + Dev Diary Video #1

Self-Ejected

vivec

Self-Ejected
I am sad to see the obfuscating percentages back in the game. That was one part from PoE which should have been dropped. These are always relative and give little idea into what advantage you might have by selecting them before you do. Crisp, clear additive numbers are better at communicating the information.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
mhbo5l.jpg

Can't take credit for the image, but it fits this game hype.

Angthoron

Arcane
So, wait. Kyros is a she? Am I the only to have missed this?
Also he. Remember the title of the game, yes?
Great Tyrant Kyros, The King and Queen of [Magiclands].

Also, re: female antagonists:

50% of the antagonist team in IWD 2.
50% of the antagonist team in Divinity 2.
SIN
FEAR
GTA 3
Diablo 3 :lol:
System Shock
System Shock 2

Last edited:

Thonius

Arcane
Have not played JA2 to much becouse of reasons.

You didn't have to play so much. It was revealed in the intro :M
Eh JA2 released in 99 and It was a time when I was a schoolkid in greater potato-land. So no knowledge of any foreign language. Super limited Ethernet connection and pirated CD's of Fallout 1-2 with some translation. All I remember is some laptop interface.
Played only in original BG2.
DA1 - got bored in dwarf caves.
DA2 - its all a myst. All I remember is a lot of reused assets.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane

Eh JA2 released in 99 and It was a time when I was a schoolkid in greater potato-land. So no knowledge of any foreign language. Super limited Ethernet connection and pirated CD's of Fallout 1-2 with some translation. All I remember is some laptop interface.
So you haven't played much and have issues with your memory, got it.

Thonius

Arcane

So you haven't played much and have issues with your memory, got it.
Well DA2 is just shit nothing to remember. DA1 was a grind with some interesting twists (like possesd kid etc) Oh and I do remember that you can romance almost anything there. Overall they do not worth place in my memory.
I finished original BG2(story was kinda meh) I did not touched the expansions since its same game but with high lvls.
Nah I don't have problems with memory its just I don't remember bland/grey/boring experience.
Eh when I said that I don`t remember games with female antagonist I meant 1)RPG 2)solo, no teams since in almost any evil team there is a hot chick etc 3) Supreme evil overlord not some evil plankton.

Thonius

Arcane
So, wait. Kyros is a she? Am I the only to have missed this?
Also he. Remember the title of the game, yes?
Great Tyrant Kyros, The King and Queen of [Magiclands].

Also, re: female antagonists:

50% of the antagonist team in IWD 2.
50% of the antagonist team in Divinity 2.
SIN
FEAR
GTA 3
Diablo 3 :lol:
System Shock
System Shock 2
IWD2 - team not supreme overlord.
Divinity have not played them.
Fear - is she a real evil? And not some doctor who tortured her?
GTA 3 - Played only 1,2 4 and San Andreas. PC was super weak and could not handle the 3rd.
Diablo 3 - I did not even bothered to pirate it play it watch lets play.
AI - have no gender, technically.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Two possible cases:

1) Kyros' gender is actually a secret in the lore of the world, in which case Obsidian's guy just spoiled us.

2) Kyros' gender is still unknown (they haven't decided yet), and Obsidian's guy is referring to him as a female just for the heck of it.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Two possible cases:

1) Kyros' gender is actually a secret in the lore of the world, in which case Obsidian's guy just spoiled us.

2) Kyros' gender is still unknown (they haven't decided yet), and Obsidian's guy is referring to him as a female just for the heck of it.
Maybe it's just their politics of always using female pronoun now.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Two possible cases:

Maybe it's just their politics of always using female pronoun now.

That's what I mean by "just for the heck of it". :M

(Don't think it would be always though)

Angthoron

Arcane
Fear - is she a real evil? And not some doctor who tortured her?
She is the real antagonist of the series.
GTA 3 - Played only 1,2 4 and San Andreas. PC was super weak and could not handle the 3rd.
Protagonist's ex is the evil villain in this one.
Diablo 3 - I did not even bothered to pirate it play it watch lets play.
Diablo tries on female lingerie.
AI - have no gender, technically.
Well, SHODAN didn't identify as an assault helicopter and acted as a "mother" to the mutants so I'll roll with "kinda female".

Bard's Tale (the one from 200-something inXile) antagonist is female. Although possibly also waifu, depending on your choice.

Actually, fuck it, I just googled this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_featuring_female_antagonists

Some of the entries are bullshit (since either they feature minor antagonists, or they're fighting games or someone was a retard) but it gives a general idea.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom