Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Tyranny Dev Diary #13: Companion Overview - Sirin

Felix

Arcane
Wait, So I can't have all male party with this game?

Felix

Arcane
God damn, I prefer some degree of realism even in fantasy setting so I always play party-based games with all male party

I guess I will just be :negative: and pass on this game. My inner shitlord won't allow it.

Sentinel

Arcane
God damn, I prefer some degree of realism even in fantasy setting so I always play party-based games with all male party

I guess I will just be :negative: and pass on this game. My inner shitlord won't allow it.
Same. Except I'll use GoG's free-trial feature to check it out first.

Tigranes

Arcane
I think they're just really, really, really, really, really bad at naming anything.

We should be glad the game's not called Black Geyser

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I had high hopes they had ditched the godawful Chanter class from Pillars. Using a class that utilizes combat resource that becomes available after set amount of time isn't worth using if there are classes that can use abilities on demand, especially when encounter design tends to heavily favor immediate reaction whether it comes to dispelling stuff or using interrupts.
Since this game won't have firearm reloading buffs I doubt I'll use her.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Chanters were fine.

Popping emergency stuns and summons worked well for me in my playthough.

I hve already mentioned it a while before, but where's my Alkonost?
XAfH62m.jpg

18em0MR.jpg

In this particular spelling, it's not a siren, it isn't Siri, it's the rayskaya ptitsa Sirin. Which makes it kinda dumb, because even proto-Slavs in the bronze age were a distant dream.

Well, they could take inspiration from our more schizo theories, and make a nation of mighty Slavs, descendands of proud Hyperboreans, or the setting's equivalent. But that requires research and creative thinking, I guess.

Take our painter V.B. Ivanov, now that's a creative schizo. He created a whole cycle of paintings about Hyperboreans, whom he considers the ancestors of all Slavs, but mostly Russians, of course.
E3275ud.jpg

v3nwWra.jpg
Now that's creativity for you. And schizophrenia. But it least it isn't Feminist Beasts or WoW pauldrons galore.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Obsidian Writing, pls

stop, what is happening to you

okay I'm now ok with Sawyer, bring him and his Pallegina back

I ASK INANE QUESTIONS

ITZ NEVER STOPS COOOMING
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
See my sig.
Not like people ever cared about what he wanted. +M It's what he should've done.

:sigh:I wish there were a term for this kind of character. Maybe one came up in the Star Trek context once? :smug:

It's okay to be heavily invested in a character, pride often is what keeps a mediocre writer afloat. Pride, and in this case, Dunning-Kruger effect.

Obsidian Writing, pls
stop, what is happening to you
Hey, maybe it's not all that bad. After all, there's only so much you can put in a short developer diary blurb, maybe it'll be better in the game, after all devil's in the details and... :negative:

Last edited:
The problem with this stuff is that it becomes hard to reconcile with the fact that you can't just plot for a while and then unleash your combined forces of mountain-smashing, climate-wrecking, continental mind-control and armies of undead to go straight to the final boss fight.

Most fun bard I played in PnP was one with really good stats, but hampered by my self-imposed rules of stealing and immediately drinking any alcohol in his line of sight, regardless of likely consequences, entering any place that sells alcohol and refusing to leave regardless of quest urgency or NPC bouncer complications, and refusing to fight unless directly attacked ('what? I'm playing the backing music, that's important!' You got something against bass guitar?').

Ok, everyone else in my PnP group fucking hated it and I nearly got banned because of it, but I had fun, and that's what counts!

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I can't imagine anything that Obsidian does will alleviate the sheer mindfuckery co-op Wasteland 2 combat will be.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I actually felt the concept was okay, but they kept adding more and more. I would have liked it more if they just cut it off at child solider with psi-ops abilities. That alone should have been enough, with the moral dilemma deriving from benefiting from using child solider or not.

edit: I feel the party needs an Eder. A somewhat normal person that is not a special snowflake/super hero.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
edit: I feel the party needs an Eder. A somewhat normal person that is not a special snowflake/super hero.
I think any party/game could use an eder. That way you as a player get a normal person point of view for the story and about the encompassing world, and you are still free to do a crazy character yourself, if you so like. It could get boring if everyone is over the top quirky and spezial. Though for PoE, its lack of reactivity makes this somewhat a moot point.

I have hard time thinkin who'd been PsT's eder though, but its world is pretty far from anything normal, even in a fantasy setting, anyhow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom