Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Tyranny Dev Diary #1: The Vision for Tyranny

Thonius

Arcane
Life is cycle, we got few worthy game now they want broader audience -> dumbed down systems -> decline. Repeat.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There are a few questions that pop up regarding other stuff - the combat is even more streamlined than PoE? How is that even possible?

Uh? Dragon Age exists.

The rest of your post is a bunch of intentionally-missing-the-point sophism. You're an interesting character, I'll give you that - a liberal arts edgelord.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Uh? Dragon Age exists.
If you mean DA:O then it would be interesting to analyze the differences between PoE and it. If you mean DA as a franchise, no... just no, it has gotten too far away from isometric RPGs to compare.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
DA:O also has relatively complex spell combos and positional backstabbing.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
If you mean DA:O then it would be interesting to analyze the differences between PoE and it. If you mean DA as a franchise, no... just no, it has gotten too far away from isometric RPGs to compare.

I only ever used pseudo-iso cam in combat when playing DA:I.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I only ever used pseudo-iso cam when playing DA:I.

It's not only about the cam position though, it's also about general design and design mindset. I doubt anyone would say that DA:I plays even like DA:O, let alone PoE or the BGs/IWDs.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
So far I wish they will not repeat the disgusting practice PoI excercized - creating companions. The very reason I found Wasteland 2 boring and dumb is reliance on walking templates. Nothing save for BG approach when each companion have a story behind them is acceptable. PoI could be excused because they made this abomination an optional, leaving it to the most degenerade and miserable of players.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Nigga, there was a long thread on the PoE beta and even before the beta was released to discuss this, I will sum it up for you:

"I'm Josh No Fun Sawyer, I gonna fix the shitty IE engine RtwP system, you will all see it!"

RtwP fans: "You see grognard haters, our lord savior Sawyer will make RtwP great, the IE Engine RTwP shit was just a fluke from Bioware but it doesn't need to be that way, RtwP just needs some love to shine and be a pretty flower."

TB fans: "It will be the same shit as the IE engine games, maybe with a diferent shape still very much on the same class of shit."

RtwP fans: "You RtwP fascists know nothing, we are on new ground here and Obsidian, company made by people known to make games with great combat like Planescape Torment will invent a new kind of RtwP that nobody seen before. It will be much better than that awful shit Bioware came up with on BG 1."

After release:

TB fans: "It was like we told you, it is shit."

RtwP fans: "No, it isn't, see, the stats are balanced, there are no trap builds, there is no overpowerd classes... see, everything is perfect, everything is fine."

TB fans: "Did the combat stopped being a mess?"

RtwP fans: "That is to want too much, this is just a kickstarter RPG on a limited budget. Stop wanting the perfect RPG, it will never come grognard."

TB fans: "Nope, don't need a perfect RPG, an RPG where the combat isn't shit would be fine."

RtwP fans: "Balance..."

TB fans: "Nigga, balance is like sugar to shit, it will make it more sweet but not exactly edible."

RtwP fans: "Fuck you, I play RPGs for the story anyway!"

Unwanted

Manmower

Unwanted
Edgy
So far I wish they will not repeat the disgusting practice PoI excercized - creating companions. The very reason I found Wasteland 2 boring and dumb is reliance on walking templates. Nothing save for BG approach when each companion have a story behind them is acceptable. PoI could be excused because they made this abomination an optional, leaving it to the most degenerade and miserable of players.

:edgy:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom