Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tyranny + Bastard's Wound Expansion Thread

hilfazer

Scholar
Haplo

what's the most minmaxed fatebinder build for a PotD run, also please include ability picks for companions

Sin tee did some potd builds on Youtube. Most of his build got crippled by balance changes but his
Solo POTD/Ironman/Expert Build - Almighty Paladin | Guardian of Kings
got hurt the least.
"With new balance update, this build is luckily still viable to solo the game. it may need some tweaks for maximum efficiency, if you are used to the game, i'm sure you can fix the new problems yourself. "
There are spoilers but since you ask for solo potd build you probably don't mind.

Edit: lol there was a balance patch that fucked this build as well:
"Duelist ability only grants Riposte to characters wielding nothing in the off-hand."
Apparently Josh is not too busy with PoE2.

Last edited:

cannondwarf

Scholar
The most effective characterbuild I've found so far is 2handed + magic, that is most of the passives in the Power tree (don't take any of the stances) + the end talent. The magic tree is also important, pick +lore, spellslots and some fillertalents so you can pick up the 3 elemental autoattack talents. They scale amazingly well with 2handers since their base damage is so high. Make a Haste spell with the pride sigil or whatever it's called, and voila you have a disgusting killing machine who uses 2handers with close to zero recovery.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tranny's spellcasting simply adds a middle-man. The major glyphs are spell schools, with the middle one you choose what utility it has (AoE, single-target etc.) and everything after that is metamagic. The spells are already predefined before this, obviously, you just do manual labor to be able to actually cast them.

Eh, you're correct that it's not that vastly different from metamagic. But you have quite some choice in what secondary effects to apply (wheter to make shock spells stun your enemies or make them bleed, for example). Plus you preconfigure spells basing on the sigils you already found/bought, your preferences and your Lore limitations. Some sigils are game changers (Frostfire, Focused Rain, Bounding Bolts, Volleys) - something metamagic is not usually capable of. Boosting accuracy (and crit rate!) with metamagic is also limited, here you have sigils for that and often it's a good idea.

Also you can fine-tune effects, depending on needs. Such as Icicle Storm spraying lots of small missiles - so you may want to add an armor piercing effect for maximize the damage of those small hits. Chaotic Descent spells randomly raining destruction over an area, so you maximize the size of the aoe caused by each missile to carpet bomb each piece of land with maximum number of aoes.
So it's not revolutionary.... but very neat. I'm not familiar with a better spell creation system.

tripedal

Augur
The best build I found was getting weapon elemental buffs + that volcano thing on a caster, then throwing onto Verse and having her do that whirlwind move that hits a million times. Completely trivializes every fight.

I have to say that this is the weirdest "expansion" I have witnessed. I think it should address only to the die hard fans of the game. I had to start a new game, enter story mode in order to skip most of the fights on fastest speed , finished ACT1, played around 8 hours and I still haven't reached the "expansion" content, only Barik's quest.

axedice

Cipher
oh, and as for the new game ending, it doesn't necessarily invalidate the original's sequel bait. a few characters posit that you're just postponing the inevitable and Kyros will eventually attack.

Is that the ending where you can stay loyal to Kyros? Being railroaded into a war with Kyros was my biggest disappointment in vanilla. If they did it right, I might play the last chapter one more time.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
oh, and as for the new game ending, it doesn't necessarily invalidate the original's sequel bait. a few characters posit that you're just postponing the inevitable and Kyros will eventually attack.

Is that the ending where you can stay loyal to Kyros? Being railroaded into a war with Kyros was my biggest disappointment in vanilla. If they did it right, I might play the last chapter one more time.

yeah, it's the loyalty ending. it's much more conclusive than the original while leaving enough wiggle room if they want to go the 'war with kyros' route for a (unlikely) sequel.

it also makes the rebel route more interesting since instead of the retarded final fantasy-esque "we gotta fight da evil empire!" you can make it so that you're unifying the factions for kyros which they begrudgingly accept as long as it saves them from being wiped out by the disfavored and/or scarlet chorus.

it all feels like common sense stuff to include in a game made around the idea of 'evil won and you work for that evil'.

Last edited:

Deadass

Savant
Is it possible now to not kill every fucking person in the anarch path with the new patch?

roll-a-die

Magister
Hard mode actually hits a good sweetspot between masochism, and pleasantly challenging.

So a few thoughts, finished act one, going into act two now.

1. Favorite character thus far, is Bleden Mark, just the fact that he's supposed to be this utter boogey man, but you can toss pretty much as much sass at him as you want and he actually likes you more for it, is pretty hilarious. Just being asked a series of questions and being given options like, "Because I'm the first one to answer your rhetorical questions? [Bleden Mark Average Favor Gain]" is great. It emphasizes that erm, reputation isn't everything in this game. And Bleden may have gotten sick at this point of people groveling before him. In fact, he actually likes you less if you are honest with him.

2. Managed to max out the Wrath meter for Graven Ashe. I'm proud of this. Because he's a fucking puss.

3. Almost up too the top of the Wrath meter for Nerat as well. Not quite as proud of this, but going for a unite the tiersmen under me route.

4. Barik hates me, but I don't give a shit because he's a god damn idiot. Eb lurves me for basically no reason other than I don't try to stick my dick in crazy. I mean, I maintain healthy distances in relationships. Verse loves me because I'm a feisty bitch.

5. Lantry is probably my favorite COMPANION(Not So Ninja Edit: I am tired. )thus far, and I'm fairly certain he'll likely betray me at some point with some of the stuff he's said. Haven't gotten Siren or any other companion yet. But Lantry is pretty much my favorite.

Took your guy's advice and the advice of a friend who knew nothing about the game, and genned a character. Warmage, 2h+Ice and Fire Magic.

Last edited:

roll-a-die

Magister
Also getting a lot of wrath with the merc company basically makes you immortal, I think the ability(Which prevents death for 4 seconds) is bugged in the version I have. And is basically never ending. Either that or I'm just so bursty I've been killing everything in the 4 seconds it gives.

(No it just lasts 8 seconds, rather than the stated 4... Do I have something doubling that? Or is it like based on my duration statistic?)

Last edited:

roll-a-die

Magister
Not quite that ridiculous more of a 30 damage every 4 seconds now. Which is still a fair amount. Also lovely, I think I just had a save bug happen, cause I just hopped into an autosave pointing too the most recent area entry. And it sent me about 20 autosaves back, at the very beginning of act 2, the next autosave down works, but this one is pointing to the wrong save...

Gonna restart the game and see if it fixes.

Yup time to start making hard saves every area entry just to make sure

roll-a-die

Magister
Just finished the initial convo with Kills-In-Shadow, probably supplanting Lantry as best companion. Just, Rut, Mate, Slaughter. I was laughing so hard.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Well, yeah, it's just not good. The aggressively wanky writing + the clusterfucky boring combat will do that.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Gender is excruciatingly important in 2017. Just like any other kind of surface qualities of a person.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://steamcommunity.com/games/362960/announcements/detail/2227450260351584102

Tyranny Patch Notes - 1.2.0.0121
14 SEPTEMBER - THELETTERZ

d26b38061241c704458dd207999841f2feb83b14.jpg

This patch addresses issues that were preventing players from completing various quests after the 1.2.0 update. Below are a list of the specific fixes that are included in this update, please note that many of these notes contain spoilers for the DLC and end game content:
  • Companions wielding Penumbra can now be removed from the party without causing errors.
  • Fixed a rare case where players could no longer leave Bastard's Wound after completing the content there.
  • Armor values now correctly recalculate after loading a save for a character with a stance that affects armor.
  • Added localized text for several lines that were displaying English text.
  • Readded a missing line of Graven Ashe's Dialog.
Spoilers
  • Locations within Bastard's Wound now unlock more consistently regardless of the order quests are completed in.
  • Teleporters in Bastard's Wound now correctly route to the locations.
  • Bleden Mark now correctly appears in Asheweald after dealing with the Voices of Nerat as part of 'The Third Degree' quest.
  • Final quest now triggers if Graven Ashe is the last Archon to submit to the Fatebinder, while the quest 'Never Free' is active.
  • 'Knapping on the Job' now updates correctly if the Forge-bound are no longer in Lethian's Crossing when the Fatebinder goes to speak with them.
  • 'The Weight of the Aegis' quest will now advance if Barik is brought to Lohara after getting Lohara to agree to examine Barik.

I didn't buy tyranny, but if there is a chance they won't finish the last act by publishing an expansion, I will spend 1000 € on g2a buying copies of the game, so developers lose their money and I will start gifting it in this forum.

Same deal with the beamdog SoD, but for that one I could spend 2000 from g2a

<3

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom