Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tyranny + Bastard's Wound Expansion Thread

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

probably more entertaining than bastard's wound​
MwOJ8NH.jpg

Sentinel

Arcane

probably more entertaining than bastard's wound

Might actually be pretty cool. I'm interested. I just want more D&D games. Fuck these chinese knock offs.

Edit: nevermind, just realized it's free to play. Cancer cashgrab shop incoming.

Sentinel

Arcane
Me an Obsidian shill? How in the hell do you figure that? I jumped off the Obsidian boat as soon as I saw Eric leave. Already said multiple times, got no hopes whatsoever for their writing in future projects.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Given how lackluster this is, why did it take so long????

Hoping the bugs were behind me, I set about continuing the adventure, only to realise that my quest log was empty. At first, I assumed I had encountered yet another bug, but I’d actually finished the expansion. There was no fanfare, no closure, no indication that I was done at all. It is an even more abrupt ending than the one in the base game.

Tyranny team really can't do endings, can they?

PS. Unless I missed something, the "new path to the ending" is simply a few new dialogue options at the end of the game, which allow you to

Since there will be no Tyranny sequel, this is now the canonical ending, given that it provides the most closure. :P

I'm actually a bit disappointed that it's not the closure I thought it would be (i.e. you commit seppuku for Kyros)

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'm pretty sure Paradox will make a sequel.

But they will do another DLC before

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Doubt it,since the game flopped.Maybe in the distant future,once they are away from paradox.Still i hope PoE have better writing and less political projecting.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

Doubt it,since the game flopped.Maybe in the distant future,once they are away from paradox.Still i hope PoE have better writing and less political projecting.

the game flopping didn't prevent them from releasing a series of pictures as paid DLC, or a paid pack of CYOA scenarios that appear at random, not to mention the work put into this anemic "expansion" featuring shit that should have been in the main game (companion quests)

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Tyranny will profit in the long term. Maybe its already profitable, actually. Not spetacular, but not every game need to be a blockbuster. Paradox can test this "little" and different games from time to time and keep the profits from other sources, or other games.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
>Release a new paid expansion
>It's another dungeon with Banes

lulSidian. ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS MAKE A SINGLE NEW ENEMY CLASS JESUS CHRIST. It would probably have taken your modellers like two days to make a base model enemy, a ranged model enemy, a caster model enemy, and the boss for the dungeon. Then you would have populated the dungeons with this new enemy for the same workload and all would be good.

But instead no, we have Banes. Awesome.

Come on fellas, surely the bit of feedback about "wow Banes are literally the draugr of Tyranny" got through to the dev team somehow?

Last edited:

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Paradox already considers it a failure. It's ogre, Jim.

Not a failure, they consider it below expected.

Nobody create DCL and invest money in a failure, I think

Tyranny did ok,” says Paradox CEO Fred Wester.

“We’re overall ok with it, I think,” echoes Shams Jorjani, Paradox’s vice president of business development. “Everyone was hoping that it would do better.”

In fact, Tyranny’s performance at release came in just under the Swedish publisher’s expectations.

“The game’s really solid, it still has a lot of interest,” Wester expands. “A lot of people are still on the fence to buy it. I think we will see a long tail on that game with people coming in and playing later on as well. But it didn’t really meet the expectations we set for it initially, no.”

https://www.pcgamesn.com/tyranny/tyranny-sales-paradox-obsidian

Hellion

Arcane
Both Bastard's Wound and the "Tyranny+BW" Bundle are listed in Steam's current Top Sellers. Curious to see for how long.

Pqap4EccS6CSyf0y_79EyQ.png

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

And still outselling Tides of Numenera which is just delightful. Obsidian phoning it in outperformed inXile giving it their all.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I bet TTON bumped Tyranny to the awful November release date slot as well. If TTON didn't exist in then Tyranny could have released Q1 2017 and would have done way better on release more than likely, because of the top of the steam charts effect and just general "journalist" attention.

Flou

Arbiter
Paradox already considers it a failure. It's ogre, Jim.

From what people are saying doesn't seem they really invested a lot of money into this. Just another Paradox cashgrab.

Tyranny probably cost less to make than Pillars of Eternity. Smaller team and shorter time. It's already made profit, just not as much as Paradox hoped for. They pretty much expected it to sell somewhere near the numbers of Pillars and in that sense it's a disappointment.
Not sure if that money was for a bigger Tyranny 2 or something else, but they could have used that money for growth.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-to-youtube-clips-may-be-demonetized.1042865/

Got at least one report of demonitization seemingly due to the word "Bastard's" in the title.
So if you wanna keep that sweet sweet ad juice a-flowin' you might want to consider altering the title either in a creative way or something like "Let's play Tyranny - New DLC" or somesuch!

Just a warning, might not happen at all, but one case of demonetization has been reported to us.
Stay safe in the Mean Person's Wound!
Hail Kyros

Just lovely. Inb4 even Google thinks it's not worth money.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom