Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tyranny + Bastard's Wound Expansion Thread

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
So is it possible to side with the Vendrien Guard? How do I do that?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
That's actually a valid choice tbh, but ONLY IF the consequences are tangible, not just a slider in your bio or whatever. Not to mention that if it's just a slider, the UI acts like some form of ultimate authority that dispenses final judgement on your actions. The UI itself becomes a kind of totalitarian, Christian-like moral postulate/system that categorizes and damns you, that's probably the most evil thing Tyranny has.

Last edited:

Sentinel

Arcane
So gotta ask can we be full on evil? Rape, skullfuck, burn children an devour flesh, speak french, bathe in blood o slaughtered, practise some o them real inventive torture methods, you know usual.
So far it's just high-school tier "kill him or spare him" stuff. Nothing we haven't seen before. Haven't gone past Act I though.
Also worth noting maybe you get some more brutal choices depending on your choices (in conquest mode), no idea.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
We're past the release day peak now, and Tyranny made it to 12,822 concurrent players on Steam. We can make a first comparison of day 1 Steam player numbers:

445k - Fallout 4

60k - Witcher 3
52k - Mankind Divided

31k - PoE

~17k - D:OS 1 [too old to see the precise day]
~14k - Wasteland 2 [too old to see the precise day]
12,822 - Tyranny

544 - Underrail
411 - Age of Decadence

Quite impressive.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
image.jpg

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Shouldn't all these post-release impressions be in a separate thread? :/

Since the download is only ~5 gb I may not need to get that imported box after all. Still not touching it until they've dropped support of course.

So with recycled levels, the same fight over and over again, and an all-choices-lead-to-the-same-result cliffhanger ending (Chris Avellone disapproves), this really is Dragon Age II Obsidian-style.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Shouldn't all these post-release impressions be in a separate thread? :/

Since the download is only ~5 gb I may not need to get that imported box after all. Still not touching it until they've dropped support of course.

So with recycled levels, the same fight over and over again, and an all-choices-lead-to-the-same-result cliffhanger ending (Chris Avellone disapproves), this really is Dragon Age II Obsidian-style.
Just play it lah. Replay when they're done patching so you can see the fake C&C

agris

Arcane
Patron
buy and play dungeon rats instead, it's very polished and only a ~1.4 gb download so your pigeon-carrier data service (PCDS) won't max out on pigeon-mounted usb drives.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Just play it lah. Replay when they're done patching so you can see the fake C&C

I don't want to play a less-enjoyable, less polished game.

buy and play dungeon rats instead, it's very polished and only a ~1.4 gb download so your pigeon-carrier data service (PCDS) won't max out on pigeon-mounted usb drives.

I know with certainty that I wouldn't enjoy it.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The evil is noticeably light on the ground in act 1. Very much good guy Kyros until you come to 2-3 "example" evil events sprinkled out through the story, and whilst some of them do warm a cynical Codexer's cockles it's sort of only limited to PG13 evil. Aka no bashing a child's head in, no sex, most of it is sort of schoolyard bullying. Nothing close to the stuff you would expect from your average grimdark fantasy novel, which is weird because I would have thought that would've really helped it to sell well and review well.

Also some take no prisoner's slaughtering of your enemies but that's less evil more just plain realism.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Yeah this shit's too tame. My dude's just being pragmatic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom