Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Two Worlds Two: The End

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
GC03PF8.png

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
It's funny with this chapter. It doesn't move the plot forward at all, but I was kind of intrigued with the story they tell. It was kind of heartwarming.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Gandohar and Nalia
01.jpg

02.jpg

witch.jpg
I am forever in your debt. Oh...
hero.jpg
What is it?
witch.jpg
Aniseed. Has it been so long? It's not native to this area, but...
hero.jpg
Where can I find it?
witch.jpg
I used to grow it in my garden in Tir Caillte. It's quite resilient. My plants should have survived on their own. They're quite adept at seeding even in hostile area.
hero.jpg
I don't know much about plants, but I'll do what I can.
witch.jpg
Don't return without it. Please, the location should be in my journal. The garden is quite hard to miss.
hero.jpg
I'm on my way.

I thought I already picked that place clean. Guess a second trip is in order.

03.jpg

RK47

Patron
Another Favor for the Witch
01.jpg

02.jpg

witch.jpg
Ah. I can feel the life flowing through my veins once again. Though, I have a confession to make... I was hoping I could ask you for yet another favor: to recover another spell we may need. My memory isn't what it once was. For this I apologize. But, the spell in question is a rapid-casting charm which gives its user much higher speeds than normal. I could do much more to protect Tir Geal if I had it.
hero.jpg
I brought everything I found.
witch.jpg
It's quite alright. It was never mine to begin with. I helped him create many spells, but as I became invested in my garden... he continued his work with the clergyman. Garadel, as you've called him.
hero.jpg
Garadel did have some scrolls in the temple. He mentioned using them to protect the village.
witch.jpg
It's possible that he kept them if my young mage indeed perished.
hero.jpg
I suppose it's worth my time.
witch.jpg
Tell him what I've told you. Explain what happened. Perhaps he still remembers me.
hero.jpg
Whether he does or not, I doubt he'll lend them out. I'd rather take them now and explain myself later...
witch.jpg
I'd rather you didn't, but...
hero.jpg
We won't have much choice.
witch.jpg
No, no... the scrolls were quite large. It would have to be somewhere in the temple. Search the temple. I'm sure he'd keep them there.
hero.jpg
And if I see Aidan?
witch.jpg
Tell him I'd like to see him. A reunion is long overdue.
hero.jpg
Nalia, now that you feel better, I need to ask about a name I found in your notes. Gandohar.
witch.jpg
You sound as though you know him...
hero.jpg
I wish I could say otherwise.
witch.jpg
He's... alive. Isn't he?
hero.jpg
He's declared himself Emperor, ruling with magic and fear. Outside this swamp he's known as a tyrant. I stood against him once before, but he returned.
witch.jpg
My young heart wishes greatly that you're mistaken, but my years tell me otherwise. He's hurt you... quite deeply.
hero.jpg
Others as well.
witch.jpg
As a healer, I have certain gifts. Limited though as they may be, I can share thoughts, sensations, emotions. These wounds may not bleed but they require healing just the same. Will you show me?
hero.jpg
Does it hurt?
witch.jpg
Only for a moment. We will relive your memories in an instant... though this time, you won't be alone. Will you allow me to?
hero.jpg
Of course.
witch.jpg
Then, relax. Close your eyes, think of a calm summer's evening. Think of serenity... of quiet.
hero.jpg
I...
witch.jpg
There you are. Oh, my dear boy.
hero.jpg
What is it?
witch.jpg
Your sister's wounds cut you much deeper than your own.
hero.jpg
And Gandohar?
witch.jpg
I can see that everything you've said is true. Worse, I'm afraid. I can't imagine what's lead him down such a dark path. Perhaps I've been away from the outside world longer than I realize.
hero.jpg
I understand. I'll give you some time alone.
witch.jpg
Thank you. But, be mindful. Those memories... your sister. Pain isn't what defines you, it's what you do with it. The wounds will heal, and I can help if you'll let me.
hero.jpg
I just as soon hold on to them for now.
witch.jpg
Go now, we still have much to do.
hero.jpg
Right, I'll be going, then.
03.jpg

RK47

Patron
Aidan's can't even
04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

hero.jpg
She saved my life.
priest.jpg
By the gods! You spoke with her?
hero.jpg
Her name's Nalia. She was an herbalist in Tir Caillte. She said that you knew her.
priest.jpg
That mage I spoke of, who attempted to free us. Nalia and him were quite close, I had a great bond to him as well. That is how we are.
hero.jpg
Gandohar?
priest.jpg
Right. When he disappeared and the people had no one to blame for the darkness pouring over our land, most blamed Nalia for their hardship. And yet, she'd lost so much already. We found her body hanging from the rafters of the chapel.

Huh?

priest.jpg
You could not have spoken with the real Nalia. I warned you about her power, didn't I? She is a great deceiver. The most evil of demons. No doubt she retains control of the souls she's consumed even now. It's no surprise that- wait... my scrolls!
hero.jpg
I'm only borrowing them. Nalia believes she can use them to protect you all from whatever evil lurks in the Swamps. If she is what you claim... I'll finish what we began.

The priest let me through. I don't think I can trust his story.

09.jpg

hero.jpg
I don't think we've met.
woman.jpg
I'm Fionna, the seamstress. I've been looking for you everywhere!
hero.jpg
Why's that?
woman.jpg
Aidan, he's gone!
hero.jpg
Gone?
woman.jpg
He got worried about you and left. Roich tried to convince him not to go, but he just wouldn't listen!
hero.jpg
Where is he now?
woman.jpg
We're not sure. Roich found a letter from him after he'd returned from talking to the Blacksmith. I'm not sure he's... I don't think it's just about saving you.
hero.jpg
What are you saying?
woman.jpg
Aidan lost everything. We've all tried to pick up the pieces. I think that caring for all of us, I think it's what's kept him going. Please, take the letter. Hopefully it will help you find him.
hero.jpg
Where would he have gone?
woman.jpg
I don't know. He was worried that you'd get lost on your way. He mentioned the old tower, the chapel, the ruins and the cemetery. Knowing Aidan, he's probably checking them all.
hero.jpg
Then so will I. And I'll find him.
woman.jpg
I hope so. And please, come back when Aidan's safe.
hero.jpg
I will.
10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

RK47

Patron
Senseless Self-Harm
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

witch.jpg
What? What happened?
hero.jpg
Aidan's been wounded.
witch.jpg
Tell me what happened!
hero.jpg
He was attacked crossing the marsh. He went looking for me.
witch.jpg
Why would he?
hero.jpg
If we don't hurry, we're gonna lose him.
witch.jpg
Where is he now?
hero.jpg
The cemetery.
witch.jpg
There's no time...
hero.jpg
We have to try!
witch.jpg
I may be able to teleport us there. Stand stil.
hero.jpg
Stand sti-
08.jpg

hero.jpg
Can you save him?
witch.jpg
I used too much energy bringing us here... I don't know if I can.

:lol:

hero.jpg
Nalia! Stay focused!
witch.jpg
Garadel's scrolls. Do you have them?!
hero.jpg
Right here.
witch.jpg
Leave us.
hero.jpg
I'll wait outside.
09.jpg

RK47

Patron
Sudden Resolution
01.jpg

02.jpg

hero.jpg
Garadel?
priest.jpg
I suppose I'm not quite as deceptive. It's a human trait rather. I much prefer honesty. Still, watching you kill that poor woman would have been quite the event. Pity.

What? What are you talking about?

hero.jpg
You did this. All of it.
priest.jpg
I laid dormant for centuries until the mage summoned me. The witch's magic, ironically enough, kept me trapped in the very place she sought to protect.
hero.jpg
So you decided to integrate?
priest.jpg
I'd planned to walk into their little town in the hollowed shell of their priest, and see who'd they pray to when I showed them true power. I was growing rather tired of hiding, I suppose decimating an entire village was impetuous in hindsight...
hero.jpg
What the hell are you then? Some kind of dragon?
priest.jpg
Do not insult me. I am Aziraal's first born! I witnessed the birth of the Dragons! Have I missed their extinction?
hero.jpg
Looks that way.
priest.jpg
I was imprisoned here, by my own creator. The Fire Lord grants free will and then expects one to sacrifice it. History is destined to repeat itself.
hero.jpg
If Gandohar left this place, you could have followed.
priest.jpg
Gandohar? He escaped because I allowed him to. This prison is bound to my flesh. It was the price of his freedom. A debt that has yet to be repaid.
hero.jpg
The heart... he came here to find you.
priest.jpg
A demon's bargain. I offered him my flesh, a heart to allow him to cross the barrier. And in return, he would find a way to release me.
hero.jpg
With Aziraal's power.
priest.jpg
Gods cannot be killed, merely spread thin. Aziraal lives on in all of his creations. We bear his mark. As long as we live, he cannot be reborn.
hero.jpg
He's taken my sister. Aziraal's vessel.
priest.jpg
Without me, there is no Aziraal. Without Aziraal, there is no balance.
hero.jpg
The dragons, the orcs. They're all but extinct. If Gandohar succeeds, he'll only come for you next.
priest.jpg
And I'll be waiting. He may have tricked me out of a piece of flesh, but he hasn't the power to destroy me. His obsession with the Verita has made him weak. I saw through his insecurities the moment we met. It can't be controlled. It brings only decay and destruction.
hero.jpg
But the other elements...
priest.jpg
Balance is key. Everything in moderation, so speak the gods. But the Verita is hungry. It corrodes everything. You translate its name as "truth" but I know it by a different name... Veritatra, "the dark truth". It can only be suppressed, never stopped. Even its creators could not master it.

What the hell are you ranting about? I've lost track completely at this point. You revealed yourself as the mastermind of everything down to Gandohar's rise to power, and then told me that he tricked you. And now you came here to gloat after failing to trick me into killing Nalia? It sounds like a writer's desperation, grasping for a conclusion. And of course, the only solution that's left to me now is to heroically slaughter this demon.

hero.jpg
If I can suppress Gandohar's magic, I can stop him. And if your flesh is what lets him escape, looks like I'll need some too.
priest.jpg
You'd challenge me?! The son of a god?!
hero.jpg
And your pawn.
priest.jpg
You underestimate my powers... and I your ignorance.

RK47

Patron
Killing is the answer to everything
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

hero.jpg
Nalia?
nalia.jpg
Yes, it's me.
hero.jpg
You're so young. You're beautiful.

:lol:

nalia.jpg
That's a very cruel joke. I... oh.

She finally realizes it.

nalia.jpg
I... I don't know what to say. My age? Gone?
hero.jpg
I feel like I'm looking at a different person.
nalia.jpg
The curse is gone! Washed away with all its darkness!
hero.jpg
I'm sure your magic had nothing to do with it.
nalia.jpg
Stop that! I told you so!
hero.jpg
I've heard of such happenings in stories, fables. But never like this. Never real.
nalia.jpg
This is hardly the end. It may make a fine story one day, but for now, the work is only beginning.
hero.jpg
Where's Aidan?
nalia.jpg
Resting. He's improving, but still a long way from recovery.
hero.jpg
So he's found something else to live for.
nalia.jpg
It's quite early to say. Though, I am sure I would have lost that chance without you.
hero.jpg
Garadel's dead. You were right about him. Should have seen what he looked like under his human facade.
nalia.jpg
Then the horror's truly over! With the demon gone, the barrier is broken!
hero.jpg
Was what he said true? About the Verita?
nalia.jpg
I assume so, knowing what I do about Gandohar. If there is a threat, it must be stopped immediately. Permanently.
hero.jpg
I ...
nalia.jpg
He abandoned us. Sacrificed everyone. All for a lie. The young mage I knew died in this place. I expect it's time t finish it.
hero.jpg
Is there anything you could tell me about Garadel's heart?
nalia.jpg
If he is indeed the son of Aziraal, you may be able to use it to shield yourself from the forces Gandohar now controls. But, will you know how to wield it?
hero.jpg
I know someone who can help.
nalia.jpg
I hope you can succeed. I pray that you will.
hero.jpg
So what's next for you, Nalia?
nalia.jpg
I suspect I have a new chapter in life waiting ahead.
hero.jpg
Actually, I think it's waiting behind you.
nalia.jpg
What do you... Aidan?
hero.jpg
Good luck to you.
04.jpg

05.jpg

hero.jpg
No need to. How are you feeling?
aidan.jpg
Better. But, the barrier.
hero.jpg
Destroyed with Garadel. You're free now. Everyone is.
aidan.jpg
The priest?
hero.jpg
A demon in human skin. Firstborn of the fire god. And, a little long-winded.
aidan.jpg
And he lived among us for all that time? We're very luck to be alive. Without you, we'd all be among the damned.
hero.jpg
Everyone's lost something here Aidan. Take comfort in what remains.
aidan.jpg
You're right. Thank you. For everything. Can I ever repay you?
hero.jpg
Your thanks is enough.
aidan.jpg
Please stay. We'll spare no expense. You look tired. Worn.
hero.jpg
Appreciate that, but I can't rest until it's finished.
aidan.jpg
And yet the look in your eyes says different. Your call.
hero.jpg
Let me ask you something. Are you planning to stay here, with all the world open to you?
aidan.jpg
Not forever, but I am needed now. I'll travel when the time's right.
hero.jpg
That's true. You've got something good here. Worth living for?
aidan.jpg
Every day until they put me in the ground.
hero.jpg
Hopefully that won't be anytime soon.
aidan.jpg
Indeed. May I ask you a question, as someone who appears well-versed in love? Will I ever be able to get her off my mind?
hero.jpg
Not likely. But, I'm no expert.
aidan.jpg
A ladies' man! By the way, do you have my amulet? Not sure how much use it will be, but it has sentimental value.
hero.jpg
Not a scratch on it.
aidan.jpg
And I thought YOU were the demon.

Aidan hands me a thousand auras and bade me farewell.
It's about time I leave this place as well.

RK47

Patron
Small Town Hero
06.jpg

07.jpg

hero.jpg
Guess you've heard.
woman.jpg
Yes! Everything! And, and... you saved Aidan! And everyone! And that witch, she's not a witch! And... and... oh my gosh!
hero.jpg
Calm down. Take a breath and enjoy the moment.
woman.jpg
Thanks... I suppose we'll be having a feasts tonight! With fires, and...and dancing! Maybe... maybe you could stay? We could dance...?
hero.jpg
Appreciate the offer but I really should get going.
woman.jpg
Oh... Well, I hope I see you again!
08.jpg

09.jpg

hero.jpg
It's a long story. A demon took over his body.
sarge.jpg
That so? I heard all sorts of excuses in the army. Good riddance, anyway.
hero.jpg
So you're saying I did you a service?
sarge.jpg
I ain't saying nothin' like that! All I'm sayin' is...well. I've seen people do worse than you did.
hero.jpg
From what I hear about you, Roich, this is about as close to a compliment as I can expect, coming from you.
sarge.jpg
Don't let it go to your head, son!
hero.jpg
Wouldn't dream of it. Time for me to head out anyway.
sarge.jpg
Well, I guess. Yeah, everyone has their path in life. Right, then. See ya. As for me, I guess it's time to take the old bow out and finally hunt some of them damn critters. And, uh. Well. You know.
hero.jpg
What was that?
sarge.jpg
I said thanks, all right! Gods dammit. You don't have to yell it for everyone to hear.
hero.jpg
Right, sarge. See you, then. It's been interesting to say the least.
10.jpg

hero.jpg
Fergus. I don't think there's any reason for you to drink yourself into oblivion anymore.
drunk.jpg
Eh? Whatchatalkinbout?
hero.jpg
The barrier, it's gone.
drunk.jpg
The purse? I mean, the curse? Gone? I mean, uh, that is, um, I mean...
hero.jpg
Listen, just get sober and ask around. And hey, with the barrier gone, who knows - maybe you can get your boat business up and running again.
11.jpg

hero.jpg
Enjoy your life.
granny.jpg
Is life meant to be enjoyed?
hero.jpg
It's a choice, like anything else.
granny.jpg
So what does that mean... take a vacation?
hero.jpg
It means something different for everybody. Everyone chooses their own path. You should take some time to consider yours.
12.jpg

hero.jpg
I take it you heard.
smith.jpg
Of course I did! To think Garadel deceived us for so long... makes me furious. I could relive those years a thousand times in my mind and in every one of them he'd die a worse death than the last. But, it's done now. I won't dampen your hour in the sun by dwelling on it.
hero.jpg
Don't apologize. I know how much your people suffered.
smith.jpg
No, you don't. But , now that the barrier's open, perhaps those days are over.
hero.jpg
Just take care. Garadel may be dead by the creatures are still out there.
smith.jpg
I don't plan on going out there unless I can help it. But, good advice nonetheless.
13.jpg

RK47

Patron
The Final Battle
01.jpg

hero.jpg
What are you talking about?
sis.jpg
Aziraal's controlled Gandohar from the very beginning. He means to let the Verita consume the entire world, even the elder gods, so he can rebuild it in his own image. The fire god is hungry. He hates the diversity of our world. He wants everything to be uniform, like him. Like fire. It was only Gandohar's thirst for power that blinded him to Aziraal's true intent.
hero.jpg
But Cassara...
sis.jpg
She knew that without you, Gandohar would have to use his own life force to sustain me as Aziraal's vessel leaving him weak and vulnerable when the time came for her to attack.

Bullshit. If thought he needed ME because we're related by blood. Why doesn't Gandohar just use his own guards' life force as sacrifice, then? This sounds a hasty attempt to redeem the villain. And it's not working. I'm not buying it.

sis.jpg
Now, all we can do is contain Aziraal, and pray it isn't too late.
hero.jpg
How?
sis.jpg
The same sarcophagus the gods used to imprison him many years ago. Now come, there's little time.
02.jpg

03.jpg

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
Which is one of the biggest retcon I've ever seen, if you consider the ending of the game and her role in it.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Bleh, he play on console. Two Worlds on X360 was biggest pile of shit after Too Human.
And armor design and else gave me flashbacks from G3 Forsaken Gods.

Epitomy of decline, golly josh!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom