Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Two Worlds Two: The End

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Wasn't there some walking Venus flytrap monster that shoots projectiles

That's a bit later.

RK47

Patron
Part Time Job at Lexington's
01.jpg

02.jpg

hero.jpg
Do I?
boss.jpg
Yes, as a matter of fact. You see, ever since I expanded my presence in New Ashos, I've had people approach me to assist them in their private matters. As much as I sympathize, I do not always have the resources or the patience to oversee their solutions. Apparently, an unfortunate group of disenfranchised hoodlums has organized themselves in the market district. It seems they have been extorting funds from several shopkeepers, one of whom begged me to intervene. That is where you enter the equation. If you have the time, I'd like to compensate you in exchange for your services.
hero.jpg
Certainly.
boss.jpg
Glad to hear it. Start by speaking to the shopkeeper who brought this to my attention... one Erdon. I trust you to remain discreet.
hero.jpg
Consider it done.
03.jpg

hero.jpg
Are you Erdon?
man.jpg
Depends who's asking.
hero.jpg
I'm an associate of Mr. Lexington.
man.jpg
Oh yes. We're grateful for your help.
hero.jpg
So what can I do to resolve this?
man.jpg
They come by demanding their due and proper every day we have business. I'd give anything to teach the hard-hearted bastards a lesson!
hero.jpg
Not a problem. I'll handle it.
man.jpg
Wait anywhere you like. They're sure to be here soon if they think we've had a customer.
hero.jpg
Why didn't you report this to the city watch?
man.jpg
Nothing would ever be done if we did. There's no evidence. I would have to wait until something happened to my body and... well, I'm not willing to do that.
hero.jpg
Don't worry. Everything will be back to normal in no time.
04.jpg

RK47

Patron
Return to the Swallows
01.jpg

02.jpg

boss.jpg
New zoning laws prohibit the carrying of weapons in that district to anyone without a license, you know... and licenses are exorbitantly expensive. Not a bad scheme, if you don't value your citizens' safety.
hero.jpg
Doesn't seem like much help that guards turn a blind eye.
boss.jpg
I don't disagree. I do what I can to put extra money in their pockets, but when it comes to actually fighting, unfortunately, the municipal city watch can't be bribed out of cowardice.
03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

man.jpg
We failed.
leader.jpg
Did you manage to enter the mage's workshop?
man.jpg
No.
leader.jpg
Gondar. Lorwin. They haven't returned.
man.jpg
Dead. Both of them.
leader.jpg
I will leave you to reflect on this. We will speak again soon.
08.jpg

hero.jpg
Someone who can tell me what happened.
leader.jpg
It was a commission from the New Ashos Library. We were hired to record some information in the Swallows.
hero.jpg
Can you be more specific?
leader.jpg
It is believed that a mage who possessed the ability to paint cards with magical properties may be alive the Swallows. Or, at least, it may be possible to recover his work.
hero.jpg
I'm not sure what you mean by painting cards.
leader.jpg
A way of predicating magic. What is more clear than his method is what he intended to do with it: he entered the Swallows to prevent the corruption from spreading. Knantuck may be a better resource than I on this topic.
hero.jpg
The one who lost his partner.
leader.jpg
Yes. But, it was not the first. Lanmar was unseasoned. Soft. Knantuck does not always see these things practically. Tread carefully.
09.jpg

hero.jpg
I'm sorry you lost your partner, Knantuck. But, this commission is important. Do you want Lamar to have died in vain? We need to finish it.
man.jpg
I accept your condolences, but will not give my consent.
hero.jpg
You don't have a choice. You can't do this alone.
man.jpg
You intend to accompany me.
hero.jpg
No. We share equal responsibility. But I need to know what I'm getting myself into.
man.jpg
The mage we are looking for was called Renoir. He was the author of many of the enchanted cards used in modern magic. Now, almost nothing is known about him except that he went missing trying to eliminate the darkness growing from the Swallows' heart.
hero.jpg
Then how do the Seers know about him?
man.jpg
We have gifts the average person does not have.
hero.jpg
I know it may be heard to talk about, but I need to know what happened to your partners.
man.jpg
Dir Tal was killed by a gargoyle. Lanmar died in a trap near the entrance to Renoir's workshop.
hero.jpg
You escaped both times. That means you're a capable survivalist.
man.jpg
That is correct.
hero.jpg
We're in this together.
man.jpg
I am unable to see where our paths resolve.
hero.jpg
We do this as a team.
man.jpg
Very well. I'll meet you at the edge of the Swallows.
hero.jpg
What about you?
man.jpg
I have preparations to make, I'll know.
10.jpg

RK47

Patron
Kaineth's Past
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

hero.jpg
Is it permanent?
man.jpg
In certain places. Those with rich histories. There are limitations. No one can see the future. Some can learn to reach beyond events that only pertain to their own lives, but it is rare. The events that took place here affect all of us. What your gift does is allow you to view the truth without prejudice, hence why most people can't see what you just saw. That's all time really is... a prejudice in favor of the present. How this is useful is up to you.

Why can't you tell me what had happened here yourself? Why do I have to attain the Sight just to see what you already know?

hero.jpg
You've lost it, haven't you, Kaineth?
man.jpg
My Sight? Or my mind? Both, I think. But my Sight was lost long ago. I belittled it in favor of my own attachments.
hero.jpg
Has anyone else seen this?
man.jpg
Only the Seers. It was they who came to me and told me these events were ripening. All that was missing was you.
hero.jpg
I wasn't a part of this until now, Professor.
man.jpg
The creation of the Swallows itself was relatively benign, but for the immediate loss of life. And what can matter to the dead? Nothing. But you tied so implicitly to the present that the events of the past cannot be viewed without your involvement. Do you see where this is going?

No. I don't. Am the Chosen One?

hero.jpg
I'm starting to get it. But I still don't understand what created the Swallows in the first place.
man.jpg
A failed experiment with the Verita done by a student at the university. I knew him. So do you. The consequences, as you can see, were profound. This should tell you something about the nature of the Verita: it has the ability to break down the elements of the environment, of life, even matter itself with enough time. In the wrong hands, it could undo all existence.
hero.jpg
I want to see more.
man.jpg
Then we should continue to the old university, the origin of the corruption, at the Swallows' heart.
05.jpg

RK47

Patron
Payday
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

man.jpg
I can offer you a cut at 9,861 auras for your part.
hero.jpg
That sounds reasonable. What about you? I can't imagine you'd be too thrilled to go back into the Swallows.
man.jpg
In time. I reciprocate your concern.
hero.jpg
It's been a pleasure, Knantuck.
04.jpg

05.jpg

hero.jpg
Have something in mind for me?
boss.jpg
We are... redecorating the local political scenery.
hero.jpg
Whatever needs doing, Mr. Lexington.
boss.jpg
Good. I have no shame about the nature of my business. Gambling is a lucrative industry, even in the worst of times. Men love their vices, and women even more. Unfortunately, there is an obstacle which may prevent me from having a productive future.
hero.jpg
What can you tell me about it?
boss.jpg
His name is Prescott Cormic, the magistrature candidate and avid anti-gambling advocate due to this religious views. Our current magistrate, Mr. Marling, is very reasonable concerning the utility of vice, but alas... his time in office has run its course. I've tried my best to resolve this, but Mr. Cormic has refused all offers of mediation.
hero.jpg
So you want me to knock him off.
boss.jpg
I wouldn't put it that way... you'd simply be doing a labor of the gods. A favor to him, essentially. He's ought to die anyway, with all that piety he's carrying around.
hero.jpg
I'll give him your best.
boss.jpg
Oh, delightful.
06.jpg

07.jpg

RK47

Patron
Botch Jobs
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

boss.jpg
As a token of my gratitude, you may use my summer residence as you see fit... I rarely make time to visit, so for now, it's yours.
hero.jpg
I... I don't know what to say. Thank you.
boss.jpg
No need. You earned it. I'll also give you a house credit here at the Lion so you may indulge yourself at the tables. I don't gamble myself, but... I've heard they're a rousing good time.
hero.jpg
You don't?
boss.jpg
Not at all. I am a producer, not a consumer. I provide a service. No, my goo man... the game and stakes I enjoy are much higher than you would find at any table.
hero.jpg
I'm honored.
07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

RK47

Patron
Under a full moon
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

hero.jpg
I'm not sure we have.
man.jpg
At Emperor Gandohar's Castle! You beat the living piss outta me. Alchemist's chamber, remember? I was a bit arrogant. Sorry.

:lol:

hero.jpg
I let you live.
man.jpg
You did, and for that, I am most grateful. I was punished by my sergeant with three weeks of latrine duty. Three weeks of cleaning other people's shit. Y'know what's that like? Well, I probably deserve it, serving our bastard Emperor. I convinced them I fell ill and slipped out the window of the infirmary then burned my uniform. Been running ever since. You don't know how many different people I've pretended to be just to stay alive.
hero.jpg
You deserted?
man.jpg
That's right. Why risk my life for that moldy old bastard? Fight his wars for him? Clean up his mess? Don't count on it.

All this just because an escaped prisoner bashed your skull in the basement?

man.jpg
I think that club o' yours rearranged my brain right back into working order. Now I have a business selling boats. Humble, but it pays its due. Care to buy one?
hero.jpg
That depends. What's your asking price?
man.jpg
3,000 auras, and she's seaworthy. Won't regret it... you can paint her any color y'like!

Why not?

hero.jpg
Always dreamed of sailing the ocean. 3,000 it is.
man.jpg
Here she is!
05.jpg

06.jpg

man.jpg
She was my siren. Ever see a mermaid? Most beautiful creatures in Antaloor. And their voices... hers was like molten silver. It's how I came to love the sea.

Uh... a mermaid taught you how to build a boat. Great.

man.jpg
If there's something you're curious about, particularly as it relates to sailing, just ask.
08.jpg

hero.jpg
Tell me about navigation.
man.jpg
Most important thing is to catch the wind with your sails and align your rudder to sail with, not against it. Use the rope to move your canvas and watch your navigation device closely. The wind's direction will be visible on your map.
hero.jpg
What about speed control?
man.jpg
Fastest way to move her is to keep your canvas in the best position at all time. Observe the wind. Respect the wind. Always keep an acute angle between the canvas and the mast.
hero.jpg
What's the best way to catch the wind?
man.jpg
Watch your nav devices. I can't say it more plainly than that. When you see the wind move, move your canvas to catch it. This will increase your speed. Also, the red weather vane atop the mast will explain the current net force of the wind.
hero.jpg
Can I ever sail against the wind?
man.jpg
Of course, but only with enough experience. You'll have to learn to zig zag and move your rudder so as to catch the crosswind. Remember, this is a much slower way to travel. Better to wait for a good weather.
09.jpg

RK47

Patron
Onward to the Swamplands
01.jpg

smith.jpg
Listen, I may have found the location of the third Runestone... but before I get ahead of myself let's see that Elvish stone.
hero.jpg
I mean, I have it... but I don't know how much seeing you're planning on doing.

In case you forgot: the smith's blind.

smith.jpg
That kind of talk is often how freak shop accidents happen. Now listen up, heard on good authority that the Human Runestone is located somewhere on the island of Eollas. Don't know where exactly, but that's where you come in.
hero.jpg
What's in it for me?
smith.jpg
Have a little faith! Can't tell you exactly what the reward will be but I promise you... it will be worth the effort.
hero.jpg
Alright. I'll get you the stone.
smith.jpg
Great! You know where to find me when you do.

Well, I checked the map and it seems to be on of the islands north of New Ashos. After that bitter experience with sailing, I left the boat stranded on the north island. I did leave a telepad there, but I'm in no rush to dive back into sailing again. So let's forget that for now and move on to the swamps.

02.jpg

03.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

hero.jpg
Easy. I'm just passing through.
man.jpg
But how did you get here?
hero.jpg
Through the swamp. What is this place?
man.jpg
Keep your distance! Nobody crosses the swamps... everyone knows that!
hero.jpg
What the hell are you talking about?
man.jpg
Gods help us...
hero.jpg
Listen...
man.jpg
I can't. I have to alert the others. We shouldn't even be speaking.
hero.jpg
It's about time you start giving me some answers!
man.jpg
The priest, talk to the priest. He'll want to you see anyway.
hero.jpg
Where is he?
man.jpg
In the temple. There's only one.

Time to get some answers.

RK47

Patron
The Village in the swamp
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

priest.jpg
Yes, I thought I heard a bit of a racket. His name is Aidan. He's always been a bit cautious.
hero.jpg
I can see that.
priest.jpg
We take great care not to disturb the creatures that reside here. If they saw you enter the village, if they so much sensed your presence, they may attack!
hero.jpg
Creatures?
priest.jpg
Her servants.
hero.jpg
Her?
priest.jpg
I cannot explain now! I must perform the protective rites immediately... perhaps they can save us once more. It's possible that you could undo the damage you've caused.
hero.jpg
What do you need?
priest.jpg
There is an artifact... an amulet. I understand one has come into Aidan's possession. Bring it to me and I'll explain further.
hero.jpg
I'll see what I can do.
priest.jpg
Hurry!
hero.jpg
What's so important about this amulet?
priest.jpg
It has great power in aiding protective spells. The metal has a recognizable blue tinge.
hero.jpg
Sounds like I don't have much of a choice.
04.jpg

man.jpg
Bet I know what.
hero.jpg
The amulet, Aidan.
man.jpg
Forget it. You want one, find your own.
hero.jpg
He specifically asked for yours.
man.jpg
There's nothing special about mine. And I wouldn't trust it to a stranger.
hero.jpg
We're somewhat limited on options here.
man.jpg
There's another way. As far as I know, only the creatures that roam the Crypt have'em, Lightning seems to attract the ones you're looking for. But... don't expect to get one without a fight.
hero.jpg
So I should just wait here for a lightning strike while the protective rites of the village break down?
man.jpg
The Crypt attracts lightning naturally. At least, it did, until we removed the metal spire. I thought it might help keep the dead in their graves. We have enough rising from the swamp as it is, and less walking corpses mean less trouble for me.
hero.jpg
What if I reattach the spire?
man.jpg
Then I'd say you'd have no problem attracting a bit of Maliel's rage. But you're talking to the wrong man, I don't have the spire. Culainn added it to his heap of scrap metal a long time ago. He may still have it... providing he hasn't melted it down.
hero.jpg
You're really gonna make me go to all this trouble?
man.jpg
This is your mess... you clean it up.
hero.jpg
What's so special about your amulet anyway?
man.jpg
It glows when she's near. That kind of early warning can be the difference between life and death. No way I'm giving that up...
hero.jpg
The priest mentioned a woman also, but wouldn't refer to her by name. Who is she?
man.jpg
She's a witch. Her presence here is what draws the dead from their graves, and the fallen legions resting in hundreds beneath the swamp. You wouldn't believe how well the cold marshlands preserves a human body.
hero.jpg
Where'd you find your amulet? At the crypt you mentioned?
man.jpg
No, found it on a dead monster, just outside the village. Must've been the priest's spells that stopped it from getting in.
hero.jpg
So does the priest does a decent job of keeping everyone here safe?
man.jpg
He does what he can. I'll put it this way: cleaning up the rot bags that stumble into the protective rites is a regular chore around here... Or, it was, until you came. Still, they're not exactly bright.
hero.jpg
So long, Aidan.

RK47

Patron
Aidan's Amulet
05.jpg

06.jpg

hero.jpg
Actually, I did, and was told to-
villager.jpg
To get lost, I hope. Might be in your best interest to do so.
hero.jpg
You must be a poet by trade, mister.
villager.jpg
That's sergeant, to you. Sergeant Roich.
hero.jpg
Sergeant? Of what army?
villager.jpg
Of this here on the table! Satisfied? Now leave me be, I'm busy!
hero.jpg
Yeah, I can see that. The mead won't drink itself, right?
villager.jpg
You bet your pansy ass it won't!
hero.jpg
I chose to help you people. Looking at you, I wonder if it's worth the hassle?
villager.jpg
Oh, you're breaking my goddamn heart. Listen, if I wanted something corny, I'd ask Erilla for her crappy bread. So scram.

:lol: Good day, SIR! What a ham-fisted tension.

07.jpg

hero.jpg
I'm doing some work around the village.
drunk.jpg
Come on, have a drink! Certain to brighten your mood!
hero.jpg
You look ready to be cut off.
drunk.jpg
Never! C'mon... it's on me! 'Cuz I spilled it! Ha Ha! Get it? I spilled it, so it's on me... ha ha ha!

:lol:

hero.jpg
I should go.
drunk.jpg
Aw, that's okay. Ha ha! Hey, when you're back, we can take a boat ride! I used to build'em, y'know... boats by Fergus, ain't nothing better in the whole damned swamp. Ha ha!

I say good bye to Fergus and went to look for the smithy.

08.jpg

09.jpg

hero.jpg
You're Culainn, aren't you?
smith.jpg
Sure am! Culainn the Blacksmith, at your service!
hero.jpg
You're pretty far away from your forge.
smith.jpg
Came to get some water when the bastard got the jump on me. They don't usually come around here...
hero.jpg
I can fix that. But I need lightning to strike the swamp. Aidan told me about the old spire.
smith.jpg
Hell, I remember that thing, Aidan brought it a while back. Said maybe I could use it. Turned out the thing only made the monsters come closer to the village. No sense keeping something like that around, so I dragged it out to the swamp and left it there.
hero.jpg
Where exactly did you drop it?
smith.jpg
Crow's Puddle, southeast of here. Not too deep, just a puddle of mud. But keep a lookout... the freaks are probably crawling all over the place now.
hero.jpg
Okay. Thanks, Culainn.

Gotta tell Aidan the bad news.

10.jpg

man.jpg
Sorry to hear that.
hero.jpg
Listen, Aidan... we're running out of time I'm getting bored of this LP. Is there any way you'd consider giving me the amulet?
man.jpg
We've been through this already. What guarantee do I have you'd even bring it back?
11.jpg

hero.jpg
I can't promise you'll get your amulet back. But if the village gets overrun, it won't matter. I don't see how you can be so callous about the safety of your neighbors. And your own.
man.jpg
I suppose you're right. Just remember, if you lose it, those same neighbors will starve.
hero.jpg
I appreciate this, Aidan.
man.jpg
Don't mention it. I would appreciate it if you'd see that it made its way back into my possession.

Time to take this trinket back to the priest.

RK47

Patron
The Barrier of the Swamp
03.jpg

hero.jpg
Now this is settled, will you tell me what's going on here?
priest.jpg
Indeed... you did well. What do you wish to know?
hero.jpg
What is this place?
priest.jpg
This village is Tir Geal. I am Father Garadel, the shepherd of this flock for as long as most would care to remember. A deadly curse has confined us to this swamp for some years. Because of this, I have made it my duty to protect Tir Geal and her people.
hero.jpg
And the monsters? Part of the curse?
priest.jpg
The undead are the agents of the swamp witch.
hero.jpg
The woman you referred to earlier?
priest.jpg
The same. We first encountered her decades ago. Tir Caillte, our neighboring village, was the first to fall. She almost had her way with us, as well. She commands the undead to patrol the barrier that keeps us here. Aidan feared your arrival would lure them back to the village. The rites can only hold off so many at a time.
hero.jpg
And the amulet? How does it fit into this?
priest.jpg
They're imbued with a special property that lets them radiate light the closer the wearer gets to the witch. I suppose it's her own device to help her adherents find their way back to her. Aidan's has been equally usefully in avoiding such... confrontations.
hero.jpg
If I kill her, will it lift the curse?
priest.jpg
One would hope. You are welcome to join us in trying. But, know that it may cost you your life. On the other hand, you could grow old and die here. It's a nice place.
hero.jpg
I can't stay here, Garadel.
priest.jpg
Then this could be a blessing in disguise. You may just have what it takes to do it. No one knows where the witch resides, exactly, but it is thought to be west of here, towards the ruins of Tir Caillte. I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but from there the amulet should guide you. The wards are fortified. Do what you must.
hero.jpg
How did all this happen?
priest.jpg
Years ago I awoke to a great din to see refugees from Tir Caillte crowding our streets. Many were burned and delirious, spoke of the dead rising from the swamps to attack them. Many an army has been broken in this valley throughout Antaloor's history and I knew whoever was responsible for this necromancy would have no shortage of thralls. In the end, it was only my rites which protected Tir Geal and her citizens, new and old. Those who fled the swamps were lost forever.
hero.jpg
What about the witch?
priest.jpg
Some believe she's always been here and simply awakened. We don't know. There are local legends about a figure who would wander the swamp cloaked in rags, a tale told around hearths to keep children from wandering off in the night. Whether or not there is truth in it, I cannot say.
hero.jpg
What awakened the witch?
priest.jpg
We're long past casting stones, as I said. She's here and there is no argument about that. The question is: what do we do now? The people of Tir Caillte never gave up trying to shatter the barrier... they even tried tunneling under the swamp. Then there was the young mage whose life's work was in finding ways to break the curse, who went missing and almost cost the search party their lives as well.

Could that mage be Gandohar?

priest.jpg
One of our former mayors' sons even tried to fly out using wings he'd built out of feathers and wax. We heard his screams echo for days.
hero.jpg
Has anyone else been trapped by the barrier?
priest.jpg
Everything. The birds, the beasts, fish and fauna. The swamp welcomes all but lets nothing out. Tir Geal was built with this knowledge, as a refuge, long before my time.
hero.jpg
The barrier existed before the appearance of the witch?
priest.jpg
Indeed. Tir Geal was founded ages ago, possibly by the first unfortunate souls to wander through. Some kept notes, journals.
hero.jpg
I'm leaving now.
04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

09.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
HEY, YOU GIVE ME YOUR AMULET TO SAVE THE VILLAGE

LOL I'M NOT GIVING YOU MY AMULET

THE PRIEST ASKED FOR YOUR MAGICAL AMULET YO

THIS AMULET IS TOTALLY NOT MAGICAL

SO WHAT'S MAGICAL ABOUT UR AMULET

IT GLOWS WHEN THE EVIL'S NEAR LOL

CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR AMULET TO SAVE THE VILLAGE

WHY

CUZ I CAN SAVE THE VILLAGE

OKAY, HERE YOU GO

:what:

RK47

Patron
It's [Speech] lah
also, maybe the priest is lying.
around black robes, never relax.

Falksi

Arcane
Why did I enjoy this game for a bit?

Don't get me wrong, it's shit and I only played it for about 15-20 hours. But.......it was strangely enjoyable at times in a weird way.

RK47

Patron
Nalia's Tower
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom