Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tutorial: On Making Screenshot-based LPs / Playground Help

flapjack

Barely Literate
I'm surprised that noone has mentioned dropbox yet - if you install dropbox on your computer, you can have all of your screenshots instantly saved to a folder as an image file (by pressing printscreen) and it does this automagically so all you have to worry about is where that hot little button is! ;)
don't know how many times i've been pissed that i accidentally overwrote my previous ss with a new one before opening paint and pasting and saving; such a simple process but so frustratingly time consuming!

also, hats off to BethesdaLove for mentioning AutoHotkey - *SUPER* recommend; there's basically nothing it cannot do

Comte

Anybody know a good image hosting site? I was using post image but they started blocking my images on here.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Can I link to here from Flickr?
15118079089_489aa62638_b.jpg

4756831209_34f5b00324_b.jpg

Seems likely. :M

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Anybody know a good image hosting site? I was using post image but they started blocking my images on here.
https://www.flickr.com/

or last resort - imgur

Why last resort for Imgur? I realize it may delete your images if you don't get one view in at least three months I think, but are there any other drawbacks I'm not aware of?
wat
I heard it hide your images if there is more than 300/3pages of them but that's new for me.
"Last resort" because it have surprise changes like mentioned above + it decrease image quality (heard it auto convert PNG files to JPG).

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
https://www.flickr.com/

or last resort - imgur

Why last resort for Imgur? I realize it may delete your images if you don't get one view in at least three months I think, but are there any other drawbacks I'm not aware of?
wat
I heard it hide your images if there is more than 300/3pages of them but that's new for me.
"Last resort" because it have surprise changes like mentioned above + it decrease image quality (heard it auto convert PNG files to JPG).

I completely missed your post, sorry.

Can't confirm because I haven't experienced any deletion of images myself, I'm just going on what I heard from places like SA and others. Imgur at least has the biggest chance of sticking around for now.

Thorakitai

Learned
I'll toss this excellent replacement for imgur here.

PostImages is a simple but effective imagehosting site. It gives you the options for resizing an image and an expiration date that last for days (not that I use it), then you upload the image and you're done.

It doesn't have Imgur's fancy stuff like having galleries but it gets the job done.

Egosphere

Arcane
There's also imgbox, though I've yet to try it. ShareX is pretty good for image capture if you're playing in windowed mode - aiui you can have it upload screenshots automatically

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom